Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
catseyes2004sg

Cosy Small Home In North East

it's a stain remover, not scratch remover.. some s/s sinks are easily scratched. i can't offer any advice. there are s/s sinks that are more scratch resistant than others though.

chrome materials, use cif.

ok, tks Ossify.

My heart so pain now my new sink got a big lump patch of scratches :(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Do you have a photo of the melamine sponge. I went to look for it but can't find it :(

My camera is at my mum's place cos I am staying at new place tonite, heheheh :P hope I can sleep, gonna take this new hse like a chalet for the time being.

I will post the pic for u as soon I have my camera.

In Daiso, they have so many types of sponges for many diff uses.

I bot so many types but have not try all yet.

The Japanese white sponge is very good to remove stain on yr white laminate cabinet/ grout lines on tile/ white powdered coated window frame, tks to Goobi for recommending.

Just need to slightly damp it on a small portion n u are ready to remove the stains.

Guest Goobii
My stainless sink has got a big patch of scratches... I used 3M stainless stain remove also cannot remove.

Can anyone advise?

Can ask what can I use to polish my shower taps, basin taps..those are of chrome material type?

Can't do anything about it liao...

for cleaning the stainless steel ... use the melamine sponge @ daiso ... CHEAP CHEAP .. $2 only.

(heehee... i recommend cat and now cat also start recommending to people... heehee)

Clean it then wipe dry.. with clean cloth

Edited by Goobii

Guest Goobii
chrome materials, use cif.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Don't use Cif will scratch.... !!! Just use the simple white sponge.. can liao...

Worse to worse.. use Bake powder and add water to use it to clean the stainless steel or chrome area...

If lazy... just use the WHITE SPONGE~! Slowly carefully and U can see the magic of JAPANESE SPONGE-BOB~!

Edited by Goobii

Hi feimei,

I have so many of those 'white round stickers' all over my entire internal cabinets... when I was wiping the internal cabinets with damp cloth, those stickers like paper, will get wet and change colour.

Lemon Pledge is used for wooden furniture, like table top/ chair legs, etc.

Not suitable for laminate.

hihi Cat~~

mine is not paper like....is those smooth smooth de....anyway...it's like 'ko yo poh'....soo ugly~~ :~ :~ :~ but wat to do...

no wonder...i find it funi when i test cleaning on the side cabinet...it's like not shiny one leh...dan i dun try anymore... :(

My stainless sink has got a big patch of scratches... I used 3M stainless stain remove also cannot remove.

Can anyone advise?

Can ask what can I use to polish my shower taps, basin taps..those are of chrome material type?

u wan to try Autosol? it's a cream type....it will not totally remove the scatches but will lighten it...sooo the scratch not sooo obvious....it did that for my solid top....i oso use to clean my basin...taps...any hardware shop got sell....ard $4...

Guest Goobii

brasso better... autosol.... eat up the chrome n expose the metal to air n will rust....

i learn this during my npcc days... we use autosol polish the police whistle in the end it rust in a week.... brasso not so harmful to chrome

Can't do anything about it liao...

for cleaning the stainless steel ... use the melamine sponge @ daiso ... CHEAP CHEAP .. $2 only.

(heehee... i recommend cat and now cat also start recommending to people... heehee)

Clean it then wipe dry.. with clean cloth

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Don't use Cif will scratch.... !!! Just use the simple white sponge.. can liao...

Worse to worse.. use Bake powder and add water to use it to clean the stainless steel or chrome area...

If lazy... just use the WHITE SPONGE~! Slowly carefully and U can see the magic of JAPANESE SPONGE-BOB~!

brasso better... autosol.... eat up the chrome n expose the metal to air n will rust....

i learn this during my npcc days... we use autosol polish the police whistle in the end it rust in a week.... brasso not so harmful to chrome

Hi Goobi,

Yes, tks to u, the Japanese white sponge is really so good to use.

I will have to find time to go back mum's place to take my camera and post this and the melamine sponge for 1 of the forummer here, sorry for the delay :)

Baking powder indeed has many uses... mum have also bot in Daiso and use to mix with some water and scrub on my chrome metal handles on my toilet frosted glass doors, and it sure sparkles! :)

I will go and buy brasso and try, hope it will helps to lighten the scratches....it is such a big patch on my new kitchen sink, tks again.

hihi Cat~~

mine is not paper like....is those smooth smooth de....anyway...it's like 'ko yo poh'....soo ugly~~ :~ :~ :~ but wat to do...

no wonder...i find it funi when i test cleaning on the side cabinet...it's like not shiny one leh...dan i dun try anymore... :(

u wan to try Autosol? it's a cream type....it will not totally remove the scatches but will lighten it...sooo the scratch not sooo obvious....it did that for my solid top....i oso use to clean my basin...taps...any hardware shop got sell....ard $4...

Hi Feimei,

I just came back fm Home fix and found the White spray paint that Ossify mentioned, it cost abt $5 for a big can. I will wait

for carpenter and see if he can fix it, if not will buy the spray paint. Aiyo, we all same ship, got all those ugly holes...I rather he did not patch the holes in the first place, cos the white putty is all over the small holes! :(

My camera is at my mum's place cos I am staying at new place tonite, heheheh :P hope I can sleep, gonna take this new hse like a chalet for the time being.

I will post the pic for u as soon I have my camera.

In Daiso, they have so many types of sponges for many diff uses.

I bot so many types but have not try all yet.

The Japanese white sponge is very good to remove stain on yr white laminate cabinet/ grout lines on tile/ white powdered coated window frame, tks to Goobi for recommending.

Just need to slightly damp it on a small portion n u are ready to remove the stains.

OK! Will wait for your pics :)

Hi Feimei,

I just came back fm Home fix and found the White spray paint that Ossify mentioned, it cost abt $5 for a big can. I will wait

for carpenter and see if he can fix it, if not will buy the spray paint. Aiyo, we all same ship, got all those ugly holes...I rather he did not patch the holes in the first place, cos the white putty is all over the small holes! :(

issit....i haven go n look for it yet....will do it soon... :rolleyes:

ya...not onli we r on the same ship....in the same cabin somemore....my kitchen sink oso got a scratch, oso quite big....haiz~~~wat to do??? i tink i 'created' it myself becos hv been doing cooking n after cutting of foods, after cooking...i will throw everything into the sink...soo my poor sink.... :~ :~ :~

will brasso good for stainless steel oso?

issit....i haven go n look for it yet....will do it soon... :rolleyes:

ya...not onli we r on the same ship....in the same cabin somemore....my kitchen sink oso got a scratch, oso quite big....haiz~~~wat to do??? i tink i 'created' it myself becos hv been doing cooking n after cutting of foods, after cooking...i will throw everything into the sink...soo my poor sink.... :~ :~ :~

*Pat pat* we all in same situation...I tik have to 'kan de kai' liao :~:~:~