Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
JandG

Home For 3. You, The Dog And Me

Introduction

Once upon a time, there was a quirky little home in Sengkang West.

Project : Fernvale Court
Stats : 94 sqm 4-rm apt
Date applied : Dec 2005
Keys taken : 7 Aug 2009
Reno start : 19 Aug 2009
Reno end : 22 Oct 2009
Moving in : :unsure:

Here is the first look thru our eyes

Entrance. Whoa ! What a long gas pipe...bright and yellow too... :(

DSCF0154.jpg

Living room. huge air hole for bomb shelter. Shows entrance to kitchen

DSCF0153.jpg

Kitchen wall. To be hacked..

DSCF0139.jpg

Kitchen. Near windows

DSCF0142.jpg Edited by JandG

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Here's the view from the living room..before they put in the grilles

DSCF0150.jpg

Master bath..infamous leafy pattern

DSCF0163.jpg

Common bath..yes leafy again

DSCF0160.jpg

Truth is, when we first saw our flat, we saw flaws...and in this blog, we wish to tell it as it was. Getting keys after that 4 yr wait, well...our dream home was rapidly becoming a dream disaster.....

Hi J and G! Glad to see you start your blog! Please don't be too disheartened in anyway. You can do up your home to a very nice cosy place with some good renovation ideas. It doesn't have to be expensive nor excessive! :)

Hi J and G

Welcome to RT

anyway you will always get unexpected surprise with BTO as you could not imagine how it will look like till you actually got the keys so what we can do is to make the most out of it

Dun fret, just try your best to turn your dream disaster back into your dream home :D

Everyone will have stress and problems along the reno journey :)

Hi JandG, welcome! We have the same layout :)

Our living room also has that ugly yellow pipe.. even our kitchen was not spared… I think there were 3 there..

Dun worry so much, leave it to your ID to think of solution for u ya n enjoy the reno process :)

:wub:Thanks for the warm welcome and encouragement guys ! Thanks also for your advice and sharing of your own reno experience too. We love to hear from you, so do comment away on our T-blog.

We want both good and bad comments on our home or your own experiences. Good as we can share your joy or you can share ours. Bad as 'misery loves company'...

Our own experience was indeed "unforgettable"... why ? Do stay tuned....

:wub:Thanks for the warm welcome and encouragement guys ! Thanks also for your advice and sharing of your own reno experience too. We love to hear from you, so do comment away on our T-blog.

We want both good and bad comments on our home or your own experiences. Good as we can share your joy or you can share ours. Bad as 'misery loves company'...

Our own experience was indeed "unforgettable"... why ? Do stay tuned....

Finally.. another Fernvale Court blog! which blk do you stay? awaiting your story and most importantly more photos pls! :)

Bro good or bad hor, i guess you LL have to stay for 5 yrs b4 you're allow to sell leh

So it's better not to think too much abt it and ignore the bad and enhance the good hahahahaha :D

Oops i am late! don't worry when everything is done up, it's not as bad as you imagine. other than the cleaning part, else you will love your flat to the bits!

Oops i am late! don't worry when everything is done up, it's not as bad as you imagine. other than the cleaning part, else you will love your flat to the bits!

If you dun like can go elane place and stay since she stays in fernvale too :dancingqueen:

why my house? my hse also Fernvale Court, nothing interesting..must go TB hse because his hse got the BIG BIG COMFY SOFA or NN hse cos she is the head of Fernvale.