Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
JandG

Home For 3. You, The Dog And Me

how was the dinner ? haha...all i can say is that i still need a LOT of practice ! had problems controlling the stove fire, still getting used to my oven and its controls :( and didnt really have the right cooking utensils....spatula was too soft and 'bendy'..promptly bought a nice and solid one right this weekend at the robinsons expo sale.

this was my menu :

baby potatoes sauteed in butter and olive oil with herb

lobster bisque (bought the bisque, added in crayfish for the bite)

honey pistachio arabian baked chicken

lemon and mustard lamb

here is a pic of the chicken broiling on the stove in the pan on the right before baking

and the lobster bisque simmering in a pot on the left

SANY1036.jpg

dinner is served ! we served 4 pple. My mum, my best fren S, hubby and me :yamseng:

SANY1039.jpg

love our long table that can place all sorts of dishes of all sizes and my mum's precious noritake dining set

SANY1038.jpg

bon apetit ! one serving size....

SANY1041.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
How is the 1st meal in your new kitchen??

Aiyo so jealous.. got all the good and expensive stuffs in your house!

*char turns green eyed with envy!*

btw, where the dog?? Dont think i have seen any picture of your doggy rite?

hee...the only pic we have is frm the first time she's been there(first few pgs)...we're still moving things up so to bring her now would be a bit tricky as we got no hands to hold her leash with our hands full of things...but yes ! we're gonna bring her over when we finally do move in. and dear, no need to envy la...as long as its your own home, no matter whats inside, u will still love it and feel that its d best ;)

SANY1041.jpg

that looks like some yummy sashimi :D where did you get it from? no shoyu?

Got it from Fassler at woodlands. yes, its super fresh ! Shoyu bottle not in picture. Wasabi is though.. :lol:

Edited by JandG

how was the dinner ? haha...all i can say is that i still need a LOT of practice ! had problems controlling the stove fire, still getting used to my oven and its controls :( and didnt really have the right cooking utensils....spatula was too soft and 'bendy'..promptly bought a nice and solid one right this weekend at the robinsons expo sale.

this was my menu :

baby potatoes sauteed in butter and olive oil with herb

lobster bisque (bought the bisque, added in crayfish for the bite)

honey pistachio arabian baked chicken

lemon and mustard lamb

Hi Babe,

Wow, u rock sia! Yr menu so high standard! :good: Lol, hope my hubby doesnt read this, else, he will complain why i cook for him, all so simple and same dishes! ;)

Btw, yr reno matters all settled already? :)

Hi Babe,

Wow, u rock sia! Yr menu so high standard! :good: Lol, hope my hubby doesnt read this, else, he will complain why i cook for him, all so simple and same dishes! ;)

Btw, yr reno matters all settled already? :)

haha..actually just wanted to test my stove and oven..guess baked dishes are more elaborate...but hey simple meals are great meals too u know..am sure ure hubby is very touched that u make the effort. cooking is not easy !

yah my reno ordeal is finally over! lucky the boss of the company is a reasonable guy who listened to us patiently and agreed to our demands. overall, its a sigh of relief that its finally over and life can go on. thanks for ure concern :)

hehe.. i agree....

wifey got cook for hubby better than no cook at all!! :P:P:P

must protect myself first.. cus i think i also cook only simple dishes... hehh...

btw... ur home cooked food looks really good leh! :D

hehe.. i agree....

wifey got cook for hubby better than no cook at all!! :P:P:P

must protect myself first.. cus i think i also cook only simple dishes... hehh...

btw... ur home cooked food looks really good leh! :D

:wub: hee thanks for the encouragement. shy la....me still got a lot to learn abt cooking. thing is must not be afraid of failure....if things not nice, try try again. u can do it too!

Chpt 21 : Everything in its place

Setting up a home is tiring . most of the time, we're excited to get things so off we rush after work to buy things, then bring them back home immediately. we still haven't moved in so after dragging home our spoils each night, poor hubby still has to drive me home then drive himself to his parent's place. all our weekends are spent carting home stuff and then going home to do house cleaning :wacko:

so here are a few things we managed to put in its place. Enjoy !

dressing up our living rm divider with this kewl flipper clock hubby purchased and candles

SANY1030-1.jpg

cute aint it ? :rolleyes:

SANY1032-1.jpg

living rm cabinet finally arrives. its a life-saver in terms of providing extra storage and its the best location for our coffee machine.

SANY1029-1.jpg

latte for u ? single or double shot ?

SANY1028-1.jpg

sofabed in its new home in our common room

SANY1033.jpg

Edited by JandG

haha..actually just wanted to test my stove and oven..guess baked dishes are more elaborate...but hey simple meals are great meals too u know..am sure ure hubby is very touched that u make the effort. cooking is not easy !

yah my reno ordeal is finally over! lucky the boss of the company is a reasonable guy who listened to us patiently and agreed to our demands. overall, its a sigh of relief that its finally over and life can go on. thanks for ure concern :)

Wah, u only do testing on stove n oven already so high standard? :o Then when real cooking time is hotel standard? :D

Yes, i Totally agree! Cooking is really not easy!!! :bangwall: Last time, all i cook is instant noodles/soups/porridge (all instant type). Now, as hubby say me quit job to handle reno stuff, then @ night should try to do some cooking for him. :bow: (Think he feel i like nothing to do lor!!!) Buy too much food, either fridge cant go in or after a few days, they spoilt. Buy too little, when wanna cook, have to go out to buy again! :bangwall: So have to plan cooking what dishes, then the ingredients. Then have to figure how to cut/prepare/cook? From a everything instant noodles person? :jail: Cook already, still have to do the dishes/woks/stove, mop floor lah. :bow: Best part is when hubby eats, nv say anything, so when press him for comments, ans is ok lor, or can be better lor, or why everytime is similar type? 8|8| Sian, waste few hrs to cook, then this type of response. Really fed up with it. Really kudos to those housewife who can cook everyday, plus looking after children @ the same time. :bow::bow:

So yr reno stuff, the boss settled all the defects/problems & etc? By changing them or? Anyway, glad to hear that it’s the ordeal is over for u. :yamseng: Btw, the clock is really cute! :good:

Wah, u only do testing on stove n oven already so high standard? :o Then when real cooking time is hotel standard? :D

Yes, i Totally agree! Cooking is really not easy!!! :bangwall: Last time, all i cook is instant noodles/soups/porridge (all instant type). Now, as hubby say me quit job to handle reno stuff, then @ night should try to do some cooking for him. :bow: (Think he feel i like nothing to do lor!!!) Buy too much food, either fridge cant go in or after a few days, they spoilt. Buy too little, when wanna cook, have to go out to buy again! :bangwall: So have to plan cooking what dishes, then the ingredients. Then have to figure how to cut/prepare/cook? From a everything instant noodles person? :jail: Cook already, still have to do the dishes/woks/stove, mop floor lah. :bow: Best part is when hubby eats, nv say anything, so when press him for comments, ans is ok lor, or can be better lor, or why everytime is similar type? 8|8| Sian, waste few hrs to cook, then this type of response. Really fed up with it. Really kudos to those housewife who can cook everyday, plus looking after children @ the same time. :bow::bow:

So yr reno stuff, the boss settled all the defects/problems & etc? By changing them or? Anyway, glad to hear that it’s the ordeal is over for u. :yamseng: Btw, the clock is really cute! :good:

hey purplesky

I think you are already doing a great job by trying! :) well, you can cook those one dish wonder which is easy to prepare and very little cleaning up. There is the baking club in the t-blog, check out the honey-mustard chicken which is very easy to prepare and minimal fuss! Also can cook pasta either white sauce or tomato sauce base. What I do for storage is after I buy the meat for example, I will divide it onto smaller portions in ziploc bags then freeze those I'm not using yet. For me, I work so i only cook some nights on weekdays so food storage is very important for me, else I will be throwing out a lot of food which is a waste

Actually the fact that your hubby eats is already very good lor... :)

Sorry JandG, riding on your t-blog! :) We recently stocked up some salmon belly and smoked salmon from fassler. Nice place for fresh and yummy salmon!

I love the clock, may i know where you bought it from and how much ?

thanks thanks :D

My friend bought some online and I tagged along to get one.. There's a shop in Vivocity that sells the same clock but they were going at 160 each!! :o I got mine at 85. If you are interested I can check whether my friend can buy another batch..

hey purplesky

I think you are already doing a great job by trying! :) well, you can cook those one dish wonder which is easy to prepare and very little cleaning up. There is the baking club in the t-blog, check out the honey-mustard chicken which is very easy to prepare and minimal fuss! Also can cook pasta either white sauce or tomato sauce base. What I do for storage is after I buy the meat for example, I will divide it onto smaller portions in ziploc bags then freeze those I'm not using yet. For me, I work so i only cook some nights on weekdays so food storage is very important for me, else I will be throwing out a lot of food which is a waste

Actually the fact that your hubby eats is already very good lor... :)

Sorry JandG, riding on your t-blog! :) We recently stocked up some salmon belly and smoked salmon from fassler. Nice place for fresh and yummy salmon!

We went to fassler again this morning, and bought some lovely salmon steaks.. Then we used the steam oven to poach it and then put some nice butter chives sauce on it.. Taste exactly like the Ikea's version!!! :D actually it tasted better becos it was so fresh! We were too hungry and didn't take any pictures but it was great! Also went to the place with the free food tasting and bought some yummy durian ice-cream.. ;)

My friend bought some online and I tagged along to get one.. There's a shop in Vivocity that sells the same clock but they were going at 160 each!! :o I got mine at 85. If you are interested I can check whether my friend can buy another batch..

Hey thanks for the info, any idea the website your fren ordered from ? thanks thanks :)