Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Zio

<><><> Mango Field <><><>

Hi all,

Have been lurking around this forum since 15th July 08.

Shall start by posting my floorplan and draft floorplanner for comments.

This reno can be considered as an upgrade. This house has been around for 20years already. :P

untitled.jpg

(The orange line is the original entrance to kitchen, my parents sealed it and change the entrance to the blue line as seen. When ask the reason for doing so, they say the altar must face the window :) )

untitled-1.jpg

floorplanner_cr.jpg

Ask you can see, I got a odd shaped living room. My contractor will be constructing L Box all around the living room.

Bedroom 3 will be my room after reno, Bedroom 2 used to be my room but due to its odd shape, it shall become another spare room or entertainment room instead.

Edited by Zio

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

where ur place? u been staying this place 20 years :o

seem like ur bed room 2 a entertainment room?

hack store room lah so ur living will look bigger :D

where ur place? u been staying this place 20 years :o

seem like ur bed room 2 a entertainment room?

hack store room lah so ur living will look bigger :D

Its at Hougang Ave 1.

Yes 20years already this house...lol, this will be a low budget upgrade.

Bedroom 2 will be spare room, still thinking of arranging it, thus the draft drawing.

We need the storeroom, alot of things to put :P plus this is a 4Room A unit, living room consider quite ok size le

Edited by Zio

Went to lightings.com today...

IMG_8495.jpg

paiseh picture kope from one of the member's pic :P

SP_A0301.jpg

SP_A0302.jpg

SP_A0303.jpg

SP_A0297.jpg

bathroom light

Total including lights not shown will be the storeroom and 2X kitchen lights will be about $558 (whole house)

I will need all your comments on the number of downlights to put for the L Box.

My contractor briefly say around 15. (he meant 2X13W)

When I bring my floorplan to lightings shop, some calculated 12, some calculated 20 !!!

They say my living room structure odd shape, abit hard to determine a fixed number :rolleyes:

What do you all think ? :D

spoke with Rondy on this issue, if you are reading this :D

My parents wanted to use the smaller one 2X13W instead of the 2X18W, which may seems bulky :unsure:

actually there is this one thing I would like to clarify as well

Can I request to get outside electrician to liase with my contractor for the elecrical works for the reno.

I calculated liao, if based on the quotes by my contractor, all in all will be close to $800 loh, and this exclude change ALL wirings in the house. only pull and build points only.

normally contractor also get sub electrician to do the job right ? And they earn by taking part of the $ we pay him to pay the electrician right ?

on this electrical works, my contractor quotes may be alittle higher. hmmm

wow zio,

u have a same layout as my old hse @jurong west which oso a 4A corner unit. However, I've converted my 2nd bedroom into a TV room instead. The storerm had turned into my WIW with a new master-rm entrance. The bedroom 3 oso redo the entrance.

Kitchen entrance is the same as ur current layout. Sealed the original entrance and open the same entrance side as ur.

So ur floor area oso 113 sqm??

I'd sold my unit in April and got a smaller unit nearer to our PIL.

I onli used 10 PLC for the living room. Seems ok leh...maybe we used a bigger voltage :huh:

p/s: sorry forget tat mine is false ceiling while u actually opted for a L-Box.

Edited by Pomme

actually there is this one thing I would like to clarify as well

Can I request to get outside electrician to liase with my contractor for the elecrical works for the reno.

I calculated liao, if based on the quotes by my contractor, all in all will be close to $800 loh, and this exclude change ALL wirings in the house. only pull and build points only.

normally contractor also get sub electrician to do the job right ? And they earn by taking part of the $ we pay him to pay the electrician right ?

on this electrical works, my contractor quotes may be alittle higher. hmmm

you have every right to get your own electrician... you are the pay master.... :sport-smiley-003:

just tell ur ID or who ever is doing your place that you are engaging your own electrician, unless they can match $

cheers

Edited by kcsek

wow zio,

u have a same layout as my old hse @jurong west which oso a 4A corner unit. However, I've converted my 2nd bedroom into a TV room instead. The storerm had turned into my WIW with a new master-rm entrance. The bedroom 3 oso redo the entrance.

Kitchen entrance is the same as ur current layout. Sealed the original entrance and open the same entrance side as ur.

So ur floor area oso 113 sqm??

I'd sold my unit in April and got a smaller unit nearer to our PIL.

I onli used 10 PLC for the living room. Seems ok leh...maybe we used a bigger voltage :huh:

p/s: sorry forget tat mine is false ceiling while u actually opted for a L-Box.

My parents say the floor area around 103 sqm. Jurong area tend to be bigger...

Haha, u converted ur 2nd bedroom to Tv Room, I am thinking of converting to entertainment room, about the same eh :D

Yes I agree that the storeroom can be a good space to convert to WIW, but we got too many things to keep, plus hacking and doind a WIW will be over the budget too :P

you have every right to get your own electrician... you are the pay master.... :sport-smiley-003:

just tell ur ID or who ever is doing your place that you are engaging your own electrician, unless they can match $

cheers

Ya loh, let me try asking other electrician, see if they cheaper,den use their quotes as a benchmark.

so far I only have this lobang for electrical works

http://www.electricpoint.com.sg/

anyone got their cheap electrician to recommend ?