Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
elfettucine

Any Feedback On Miele Or Dyson Vacuum Cleaners?

Hi,

I almost bought a Dyson DC22 at Best Denki today.

I've been interested in Dyson VCs and the story behind the creator. he was turned down by all the major manufacturers and they even tried to sully his invention.

Anyway, I decided to do some more research before shelling out for such a big ticket item and there really is quite a bid of negative remarks about Dysons breaking down or not being able to withstand a few bumps or bruises.

Does anyone have feedback on Dysons?

The alternative would be a Miele, as I think they have good products. Either one of the cheaper ones or the S 4562 for Cat & Dog fur.

Thanks in advance!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

I almost bought a Dyson DC22 at Best Denki today.

I've been interested in Dyson VCs and the story behind the creator. he was turned down by all the major manufacturers and they even tried to sully his invention.

Anyway, I decided to do some more research before shelling out for such a big ticket item and there really is quite a bid of negative remarks about Dysons breaking down or not being able to withstand a few bumps or bruises.

Does anyone have feedback on Dysons?

The alternative would be a Miele, as I think they have good products. Either one of the cheaper ones or the S 4562 for Cat & Dog fur.

Thanks in advance!

Haha I think u read the james dyson books! actually this topic has been discussed earlier in another thread.. Most users would second the miele and the cats and dogs is a very popular model in europe. I would definitely recommend the miele as I'm a true blue miele fan! If u have used their products, u will be the same as me!

However, dyson vacs has its benefits too, or else they would not be able to be the miele main rivals in the vacuum market!But they are a bagless model while miele always believed in disposable bags. It depends on what u r trading off. If quality and ease of use is ur call, den go for the mie;e! If bagless enticed u more, go for the dyson(assume the clouds of dust flying around while emptying the bin dun put u off)! But in my opinions, the recent which? consumer magazine survey in Uk rate dyson poorly for long term reliabilty compared to miele!Maybe due to the fact now its vacs r made in malaysia compared to Miele which is made in germany!

I read u were enquiring bout Maytag washers too? If I'm not wrong, maytag is bankrupt in the states and locally, has been changing dealers for sometime!Even their italy made models are OEM, made by others.. So pls check carefully! In my opinion, Bosch washers are not bad, not made in china, but thailand, and the higher end, Germany! But its vario soft drums,(alternative to miele's honeycomb) are a bit rough to handle delicates.. Anyway consider ur budget, thread carefully! Check on the web, get feedbacks.. U b surprised u can find out alot bout them thru forums and help sites.. Anyway if can stretch ur budget, go for the best, buy a Miele! They have a homecare promotion that is very value for $$! The best denki grand electrical sale just advertised a free miele vaccum if u buy the homecare washer plus dryer set at $3998!!

i'm a dyson fan....

i find the tech and the design very well though out...like how the bagless system is easy to dispose of, without touching the dirt even!

like how storage is so compact and no hose hanging here and there...

further more, the tech is more energy efficient, this translates to more suction fo the power consumed.

to me, it's these design "extras" that make the dyson worth and very user friendly..

miele would me next on my list.....seems pretty good too.

Haha I think u read the james dyson books! actually this topic has been discussed earlier in another thread.. Most users would second the miele and the cats and dogs is a very popular model in europe. I would definitely recommend the miele as I'm a true blue miele fan! If u have used their products, u will be the same as me!

However, dyson vacs has its benefits too, or else they would not be able to be the miele main rivals in the vacuum market!But they are a bagless model while miele always believed in disposable bags. It depends on what u r trading off. If quality and ease of use is ur call, den go for the mie;e! If bagless enticed u more, go for the dyson(assume the clouds of dust flying around while emptying the bin dun put u off)! But in my opinions, the recent which? consumer magazine survey in Uk rate dyson poorly for long term reliabilty compared to miele!Maybe due to the fact now its vacs r made in malaysia compared to Miele which is made in germany!

I read u were enquiring bout Maytag washers too? If I'm not wrong, maytag is bankrupt in the states and locally, has been changing dealers for sometime!Even their italy made models are OEM, made by others.. So pls check carefully! In my opinion, Bosch washers are not bad, not made in china, but thailand, and the higher end, Germany! But its vario soft drums,(alternative to miele's honeycomb) are a bit rough to handle delicates.. Anyway consider ur budget, thread carefully! Check on the web, get feedbacks.. U b surprised u can find out alot bout them thru forums and help sites.. Anyway if can stretch ur budget, go for the best, buy a Miele! They have a homecare promotion that is very value for $$! The best denki grand electrical sale just advertised a free miele vaccum if u buy the homecare washer plus dryer set at $3998!!

Hi Lapena,

Thank you for the advice!

YIn the end, I bought a Miele!

There are quite a few unfavourable comments on the build quality of the Dyson floating around the net and the made in Malaysia was a deal-breaker.

Miele is made in Germany and had nothing but positive comments on the net and youtube reviews.

The Miele washer plus dryer is a stretch too much for me though. I'm a guy after all and would rather plow that money in a good Homes Theatre System. ;)