Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
teowws

Chemical Grouting Injection Good For Ceiling Leakage?

Is this method a good soultion for ceiling leak in bathroom?

Water are crystallizing on my bathroom ceiling near the WC pipes and basin pipes on my ceiling. Brown liquid stuffs dunno whether is **** or what is slowly staining my water pipes.

Just want to find out since problem is localised around the 2 pvc pipes that connect to my neigbour upstairs, can they insist on chemical grouting injection from my side rather than they have to heck and redo their water proofing?

I personally would like the water proofing to be redo since the problem start with 1 localised leak around my WC pipe and now started on my basin pipe,but i suspected that the neighbour uptairs may want to take the easy way out and insist on chemical grouting instead.

They have been dragging this for weeks (think like 1+ month since i sign my potion) and still do not want to sign the letter to start redoing their water proofing.

So the question is can i insist to redo water proofing if the neighbour insist on chemical grouting injection?

The HDB TO told me from the start that my neighbour's bathroom need to heck to redo water proofing but i'm not sure will circumstances change.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Is this method a good soultion for ceiling leak in bathroom?

Water are crystallizing on my bathroom ceiling near the WC pipes and basin pipes on my ceiling. Brown liquid stuffs dunno whether is **** or what is slowly staining my water pipes.

Just want to find out since problem is localised around the 2 pvc pipes that connect to my neigbour upstairs, can they insist on chemical grouting injection from my side rather than they have to heck and redo their water proofing?

I personally would like the water proofing to be redo since the problem start with 1 localised leak around my WC pipe and now started on my basin pipe,but i suspected that the neighbour uptairs may want to take the easy way out and insist on chemical grouting instead.

They have been dragging this for weeks (think like 1+ month since i sign my potion) and still do not want to sign the letter to start redoing their water proofing.

So the question is can i insist to redo water proofing if the neighbour insist on chemical grouting injection?

The HDB TO told me from the start that my neighbour's bathroom need to heck to redo water proofing but i'm not sure will circumstances change.

Just contact the water proofing company you can call this number 67435210 GCT

Guest our-home

I had a similar problem in my previous home, except that my neighbour downstairs complained of ceiling leakage in their master bedroom.

After a few checks, HDB advised that my master bathroom flooring had to be hacked, waterproofed, retiled to resolve the problem. It was a big mess, took time and very inconvenient for us. The cost was split between two of us and HDB. When I moved out about 6 years later, no further complaints.

My contractor once told me that chemical injection may be a temporary solution (lasts 2-3 years). But this depends on how bad the leakage is.

I think you still have to get back to HDB and have them act as the go-between for you and your neighbour. If HDB recommends hacking, etc, then you may need to get them to remind your neighbour to proceed. It's good to maintain good relations throughout, coz still have to be neighbours after everything's over.

Just contact the water proofing company you can call this number 67435210 GCT

why would i want to use a 3rd party company when HDB contractor can do it and share the cost?

Are you from this company?

Very simple, just get a pail of DampSealer 5000 from hardware shop and apply it yourself and you can save alot.

But just make sure you need to scrape off the paint before applying.

I applied about 3 coats of the product and few days later, I painted the ceiling back. Till now there was no sign of damp mark seen from the ceiling.

if my ceiling has water mark and starts to like flake off...is there any company I can ask to get this fixed?

The condo management (the unit upstairs is owned by management) has came and looked and have been dragging for 2 mths now :(

I don't know who else to approach. sighz...thinking of going to complain directly to management head office