Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
berry_surprise

Hdb Officer Inspection Of Flat

Hello, I need your advice.

I received my 1st appt letter from HDB and it stated when will the HDB inspector go to the resale flat to inspects.

it was stated Nov 2.

However, I was told by my agent that the HDB inspector already gone to the flat yesterday (Oct 29) to check!

I asked for proof of visit, my agent replied he was told by the seller's agent.

and when I told him he can check with the branch office who send the inspector, my agent asked "do u want me to check",

so i say "if everything i do, then i no need to engage your services".

and to add oil to the fire, he told us the sellers want another 1 mth extension when we already gave 2 mths! and propose to us to collect 1000 from them.

I've nothing to say but hokien phrases.

what do u think?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hello, I need your advice.

I received my 1st appt letter from HDB and it stated when will the HDB inspector go to the resale flat to inspects.

it was stated Nov 2.

However, I was told by my agent that the HDB inspector already gone to the flat yesterday (Oct 29) to check!

I asked for proof of visit, my agent replied he was told by the seller's agent.

and when I told him he can check with the branch office who send the inspector, my agent asked "do u want me to check",

so i say "if everything i do, then i no need to engage your services".

and to add oil to the fire, he told us the sellers want another 1 mth extension when we already gave 2 mths! and propose to us to collect 1000 from them.

I've nothing to say but hokien phrases.

what do u think?

My seller also asked me for a few weeks extension after 2nd appt. You must take care not to tear the bridge between you and seller. Try to negotiate nicely with the seller. I heard of sellers who smashed the toilet bowls, cracked the pipes, dirtied the house before they handed over the house to the buyers. Because they were pissed with the buyers. These would cause us more headaches.

Edited by forgotten

My seller also asked me for a few weeks entension after 2nd appt. You must take care not to tear the bridge between you and seller. I heard of sellers who smashed the toilet bowls, cracked the pipes, dirtied the house before they handed over the house to the buyers. Because they were pissed with the buyers. These would cause us more headaches.

yeah, i also have heard of such cases before. I mean I already gave them extra 2 months and now they want another 1 mth.

and my agent propose to us that we collect 1000 from them as rental.

i m just wondering is the 1000 rental idea from my agent or from the seller agent.

the way my agent approached me about this incident pisses me off. he even say he will ask for more for us.

i told him off, saying we did not asked u to represent us in this extension yet. dont anyhow put words into our mouths.

yeah, i also have heard of such cases before. I mean I already gave them extra 2 months and now they want another 1 mth.

and my agent propose to us that we collect 1000 from them as rental.

i m just wondering is the 1000 rental idea from my agent or from the seller agent.

the way my agent approached me about this incident pisses me off. he even say he will ask for more for us.

i told him off, saying we did not asked u to represent us in this extension yet. dont anyhow put words into our mouths.

Then your agent seems to be siding with the seller leh! He's supposed to represent you and help you convince the seller to move out on time.

Then your agent seems to be siding with the seller leh! He's supposed to represent you and help you convince the seller to move out on time.

he is a pushover. nothing else to say about him.

what about the hdb inspector going to inspect the flat earlier than the scheduled date on hdb 1st appt letter?

can they suka suka go and inspect the flat other than the scheduled date?

he is a pushover. nothing else to say about him.

what about the hdb inspector going to inspect the flat earlier than the scheduled date on hdb 1st appt letter?

can they suka suka go and inspect the flat other than the scheduled date?

I ever heard of some inspectors did inspection other than the scheduled date.

What's your agent name? Must warn the others not to hire him leh.

I ever heard of some inspectors did inspection other than the scheduled date.

What's your agent name? Must warn the others not to hire him leh.

so hdb inspector can suka suka go inspect, like that it is pointless to schedule a date and time.

in regards to my agent, i will continue to monitor him. if he is really that bad, i will do a writeup on him (soon).

so hdb inspector can suka suka go inspect, like that it is pointless to schedule a date and time.

in regards to my agent, i will continue to monitor him. if he is really that bad, i will do a writeup on him (soon).

Maybe you can call up the seller and talk to him directly about the matter. Better to depend on youself than your agent.

Maybe you can call up the seller and talk to him directly about the matter. Better to depend on youself than your agent.

yeah, that's what i intend to do.

my agent is a pushover and the other agent is scheming.

how about call the HDB officer that in-charge of your file.

Ask him/her how come can early inspection.

got it.

I only came to know about the early inspection today from my agent so i asked him for proof of visit.

his proof is from the seller's agent's mouth.

so i havent got the time to call up hdb office. and when i told my agent that he can call and enquiry on this matter,

he asked me "do i want him to call", i mean come on la, is not i want u to call, you should call!

else why i bother to engage his service n going to pay him 1% eventually. even i'm not an agent, i also know more things than him.

come and smoke me, wait long long la.

>>i am just pissed off with his approach and dealings with issues, everything and everytime say ask the seller agent.

as if the seller agent his mother.

i think to pay $1,000 for a month's extension is really too little. current market rate for a 4-rm rental is about $1,600 to $1,800 and you have extended 2 mths without any charges, so the seller has already saved at least $3,200!!

i think to pay $1,000 for a month's extension is really too little. current market rate for a 4-rm rental is about $1,600 to $1,800 and you have extended 2 mths without any charges, so the seller has already saved at least $3,200!!

I couldn't believe it!

read this:

The seller and I agreed and signed an early execution letter of 1st appt to HDB. When the seller signed on my appeal letter, the seller told me that she will produce her air ticket information if needed, even before I asked. She is going away for more than 1 mth vacation. So I was hoping I can get an earlier date with HDB.

Also, I agreed to let her stay for additional 8 wks (rent-free) after completion date, she come and asked me for additional 4 weeks, so total 12 weeks. Plus, she now give pattern and say she feel uncomfortable letting hdb know about her travel details. So we follow the original appt, for me, no problem loh since cannot be help. Then just today, her agent call to kpkb, say even if the seller have signed on the appeal letter, they will not go for the 1st appt. Plus, if i were to charge her for additional 4 wks rental, they will not pay.

So say the seller back-out from the early execution of 1st appt, i can also back-out from the agreement to let her stay for 8wks rent-free. Correct or not?

So I want to know...have anyone sue for compensation, use legal means to deal with people who breach contract.

Edited by berry_surprise

I couldn't believe it!

read this:

The seller and I agreed and signed an early execution letter of 1st appt to HDB. When the seller signed on my appeal letter, the seller told me that she will produce her air ticket information if needed, even before I asked. She is going away for more than 1 mth vacation. So I was hoping I can get an earlier date with HDB.

Also, I agreed to let her stay for additional 8 wks (rent-free) after completion date, she come and asked me for additional 4 weeks, so total 12 weeks. Plus, she now give pattern and say she feel uncomfortable letting hdb know about her travel details. So we follow the original appt, for me, no problem loh since cannot be help. Then just today, her agent call to kpkb, say even if the seller have signed on the appeal letter, they will not go for the 1st appt. Plus, if i were to charge her for additional 4 wks rental, they will not pay.

Am i hearing it wrong? Her seller is from H*R and hold a team director position, imagine a grown woman making such childish remarks.

So say the seller back-out from the early execution of 1st appt, i can also back-out from the agreement to let her stay for 8wks rent-free. Correct or not?

So I want to know...have anyone sue for compensation, use legal means to deal with people who breach contract.

It's ridiculous that she has $$ to go for 1-month tour but no $$ to pay you rental!

Please call your lawyer and ask about your legal rights. She doesn't deserve your kindness anymore lor. I'm worried that hdb may cancel your resale application if seller doesn't show up for 1st appt. You better call up hdb to check too.

Edited by forgotten

It's ridiculous that she has $$ to go for 1-month tour but no $$ to pay you rental!

Please call your lawyer and ask about your legal rights. She doesn't deserve your kindness anymore lor. I'm worried that hdb may cancel your resale application if seller doesn't show up for 1st appt. You better call up hdb to check too.

in a nutshell, the hdb inspector inspected the flat earlier because he was happened to be in the vicinity so he go inspects. Dont' ask me why is this allowed, i have no ideas too and i also want to know y.

the seller and her agent really very comical. on OTP, her agent wrote 30 days for all involved parties to reconsidered their decisions before submission.

1) her agent actually wanted to backdated the OTP form to 14 days earlier so we option to purchase and exercise to option on same day.

2) her agent was the one who say she will submitted the forms to resale net after we all signed n paid 5k because she can have an earlier 1st appt date.

now her agent used this 30days to argue that we didnt give them enough time to make up their mind. also, when the seller sign her name on our appeal letter for early execution for 1st appt, her agent explained to her before she signed. now they go against the agreement and i really dont even think i shld keep my words on giving them free stay for 8wks. Even though i also signed the extension agreement, they go back on their words for early execution, i also can go back on my words for allowing extension. If both appt goes through, i will see that they have rights to even stay another day in my flat. Even in black and white, these people also want to play punk and jeopardize their reputation.

with all these happenings, my agent have changed. he actually dont listen to the seller's agent anymore! he have become more aggressive.

i think he had enough crap from the seller's agent. which is good for me.

seriously, if the worse really happened, hdb will not do anything for me. even though OTP is a legal contract by them, they will not be involved in anything. we will have to seek our own legal advices. may i ask, who am i paying the stamp fees and whatever fees to if the transaction go thru? hdb is alrdy a big bully and now these agents and these sellers also bullies wannabe.

i paying cov to the seller, she go vacation 1 month in dec/jan and because of that i cannot go for the earliest 1 appt, n she also signed and agreed on early 1st appt if hdb allows. Now, so many excuses just because i want to charge her rent for asking another 4 wks extension.

if i didn't give her 8wks extension in first place, of course i will consider whether to charge her rent or not. I alrdy have to wait 2 mths before i can go for my 1st appt and the whole procedure will take places over 2 mth and with her extension of 8 wks rent-free. Not as if she give me 50% discount in her COV.

ppl buy house, i also buy house and i have to buy a house with so many difficulties.

i cannot imagine the time n effort n money i have to fork out if i were to sue for compensation.

n the seller is a winner because she still stay in her flat and i already end my current lease and slping in hotel 81.