Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
berry_surprise

Hdb Officer Inspection Of Flat

in a nutshell, the hdb inspector inspected the flat earlier because he was happened to be in the vicinity so he go inspects. Dont' ask me why is this allowed, i have no ideas too and i also want to know y.

the seller and her agent really very comical. on OTP, her agent wrote 30 days for all involved parties to reconsidered their decisions before submission.

1) her agent actually wanted to backdated the OTP form to 14 days earlier so we option to purchase and exercise to option on same day.

2) her agent was the one who say she will submitted the forms to resale net after we all signed n paid 5k because she can have an earlier 1st appt date.

now her agent used this 30days to argue that we didnt give them enough time to make up their mind. also, when the seller sign her name on our appeal letter for early execution for 1st appt, her agent explained to her before she signed. now they go against the agreement and i really dont even think i shld keep my words on giving them free stay for 8wks. Even though i also signed the extension agreement, they go back on their words for early execution, i also can go back on my words for allowing extension. If both appt goes through, i will see that they have rights to even stay another day in my flat. Even in black and white, these people also want to play punk and jeopardize their reputation.

with all these happenings, my agent have changed. he actually dont listen to the seller's agent anymore! he have become more aggressive.

i think he had enough crap from the seller's agent. which is good for me.

seriously, if the worse really happened, hdb will not do anything for me. even though OTP is a legal contract by them, they will not be involved in anything. we will have to seek our own legal advices. may i ask, who am i paying the stamp fees and whatever fees to if the transaction go thru? hdb is alrdy a big bully and now these agents and these sellers also bullies wannabe.

i paying cov to the seller, she go vacation 1 month in dec/jan and because of that i cannot go for the earliest 1 appt, n she also signed and agreed on early 1st appt if hdb allows. Now, so many excuses just because i want to charge her rent for asking another 4 wks extension.

if i didn't give her 8wks extension in first place, of course i will consider whether to charge her rent or not. I alrdy have to wait 2 mths before i can go for my 1st appt and the whole procedure will take places over 2 mth and with her extension of 8 wks rent-free. Not as if she give me 50% discount in her COV.

ppl buy house, i also buy house and i have to buy a house with so many difficulties.

i cannot imagine the time n effort n money i have to fork out if i were to sue for compensation.

n the seller is a winner because she still stay in her flat and i already end my current lease and slping in hotel 81.

The extension is 8 weeks after your 1st appt or 2nd appt? My 1st appt takes me 3 months, 2nd appt takes me another 8 weeks. The 6-8 weeks wait after 1st appt is standard for all resale transactions.

I feel sorry for your plight. You are getting so much craps from them. Real estate agents and ID/contractors are industries involving big amounts $$ but are not well-regulated by the govt.

Edited by forgotten

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
he is a pushover. nothing else to say about him.

what about the hdb inspector going to inspect the flat earlier than the scheduled date on hdb 1st appt letter?

can they suka suka go and inspect the flat other than the scheduled date?

Yes, the HDB inspector can inspect the flat earlier than the stated date in the HDB letter.

I'm the midst of selling my flat & the HDB officer called my husband to come in 1-2 days earlier than the scheduled date. For us, no problem at all. The sooner the better so that we're cleared to attend the 1st appt.

As for the resale flat that we're buying, we, as buyers don't even care when they want to inspect as long as it's cleared before 1st appt. In the end, the seller's agent opened the door for the HDB officer to inspect.

Anyway, the inspection is v brief....just to check whether we hack any structural things, the windows, & the bomb shelter condition. It took about 5-10mins for the officer to inspect.

Sellers & buyers should sometimes give way to each other....be nice to them and they'll be nice to us also. Likewise to our agents.

Yes, the HDB inspector can inspect the flat earlier than the stated date in the HDB letter.

I'm the midst of selling my flat & the HDB officer called my husband to come in 1-2 days earlier than the scheduled date. For us, no problem at all. The sooner the better so that we're cleared to attend the 1st appt.

As for the resale flat that we're buying, we, as buyers don't even care when they want to inspect as long as it's cleared before 1st appt. In the end, the seller's agent opened the door for the HDB officer to inspect.

Anyway, the inspection is v brief....just to check whether we hack any structural things, the windows, & the bomb shelter condition. It took about 5-10mins for the officer to inspect.

Sellers & buyers should sometimes give way to each other....be nice to them and they'll be nice to us also. Likewise to our agents.

the 8 wks extension is requested by the seller after completion date. I agreed to their terms, initially they asked for 6 wks so I say make it 8 wks if there are any mishaps. I am being very nice. Now their agent is saying they need another 4 wks and they will not pay rental to us even if we asked for.

where got free lunch? Perhaps they think i provide free lunches.

Honestly, I have spoke to the seller during OTP and viewing and didn't thought she is so shrewd. I seriously think is her agent who is trying to play punk.

Only if we can by pass these kind of agents or there is a law protecting the consumers, then all of us can be saved.

after this hurdle, the renovation with ID/contractors will come in and will come with/without troubles again.

In actual fact, even if u pay good $ to ID, these IDs will cheat u/carrot u/squeeze u like they own this industry.

aiyah now the air is cleared.

i spoke to the seller's agent myself. I actually wanted to call the seller n talk.

IMHO, w/o the agents or any 3rd parties, buying resale is so much easier.

now i know i wont have to stay long in hotel 81...si bei lucky :)

aiyah now the air is cleared.

i spoke to the seller's agent myself. I actually wanted to call the seller n talk.

IMHO, w/o the agents or any 3rd parties, buying resale is so much easier.

now i know i wont have to stay long in hotel 81...si bei lucky :)

So what's the real situation? :)

So what's the real situation? :)

situation is: Agent 1 say sth to Agent 2, and Agent 2 relate what Agent 1 said wrongly.

sth like that. if not then my fault, i misunderstand what my agent said to me.

situation is: Agent 1 say sth to Agent 2, and Agent 2 relate what Agent 1 said wrongly.

sth like that. if not then my fault, i misunderstand what my agent said to me.

I'm happy that you solved your headaches heehee.

hi, how's your situation now? all settled?

the HDB rulilings seem to be more prone to the sellers than the buyers, there's other thread in the forums whereby a guy was cheated close to 20k because the seller is a bankrupt!

i think it's always good to have everything in Black and White and signed!