Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
maxsim

Wanted Contact Of Roy From Inzen As Well As Irene Ho Of Edgeline Planner Or Any Good Id In Jurong Area

Was intending to visit Roy of INZEN and Irene Ho from Edgeline Planner.

So far the comments from forum are rather positive still remain skeptical though as it could be some faker trying to spice things up.

Anyone engage them and have image to show?

Also would like to gather some good id around Jurong just in case this two fails me.

Rgds

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

So far the comments from forum are rather positive still remain skeptical though as it could be some faker trying to spice things up.

Also would like to gather some good id around Jurong just in case this two fails me.

Rgds

actually the location of the ID does not really matter. I stay in Jurong west too. initially was thinking along the same line as you but in the end I sign up with one which is in the ubi crescent. so far only went down once to view their showroom pieces and maybe need to go down one more time. Other than that, my ID always meet us at our current place or new house.

Can't show picture because only just finished discussing on the detailed drawings and colour combi. very impressed with this ID for his dedication and drive.

He did up my brother's place. Was a bit skeptical at first when my brother told me how good was this guy. Now I'm convinced after seeing how well he did up my brother's place and so far has never seen someone loving his job so much that i think it shows in his design.

If u r interested, can pm me.

Hi maxsim,

May I ask why choose ID instead of contractor? In most cases, contractors will quote much lesser than IDs'.

For my case, the quote from my contractor is quite reasonable for a complete overhaul & he offers advise & sketched plans like what most IDs do. He also does time coordination for me on when to ask the aircon pple to run the trunking, etc. Til date, everything is quite smooth for my side.

Only difference is he does not provide 3D computer drawing which makes the owner feel very fascinated about it prior to renovation. Otherwise, he is just like an ID to me.

Jus my 2c for your consideration :P

Hi maxsim,

May I ask why choose ID instead of contractor? In most cases, contractors will quote much lesser than IDs'.

For my case, the quote from my contractor is quite reasonable for a complete overhaul & he offers advise & sketched plans like what most IDs do. He also does time coordination for me on when to ask the aircon pple to run the trunking, etc. Til date, everything is quite smooth for my side.

Only difference is he does not provide 3D computer drawing which makes the owner feel very fascinated about it prior to renovation. Otherwise, he is just like an ID to me.

Jus my 2c for your consideration :P

Actually what really defines ID and contractor? Both does the same coordinating works.

With computer drawing does it make a contractor an ID?

With hand sketched drawings or 3d perspective, is it considered ID or contractor?

With ideas on space planning and color matching etc, does it constitute an ID or contractor?

Also for ID there are the atas ones and the contractor like ones.

With so many types, its really hard to define, much less fixed a price tag to either of them.

Actually what really defines ID and contractor? Both does the same coordinating works.

With computer drawing does it make a contractor an ID?

With hand sketched drawings or 3d perspective, is it considered ID or contractor?

With ideas on space planning and color matching etc, does it constitute an ID or contractor?

Also for ID there are the atas ones and the contractor like ones.

With so many types, its really hard to define, much less fixed a price tag to either of them.

True enough, both do the same coordinating works but an ID provides computerised drawings to propose designs & space saving to suit owners' liking till it's finalised. As for contractors, we give them an outline of our own perspective to work on. However, individuals vary... Some go extra mile in providing ideas to improve while some just go ahead with what you provide. etc

Anyone can also argue the above on my personal opinion. The line separating both can be thin or thick, up to individual... End of the day, we, as house owners, choose to pay more or less, based on our own judgement and comfortability.

Just my personal view. :)

True enough, both do the same coordinating works but an ID provides computerised drawings to propose designs & space saving to suit owners' liking till it's finalised. As for contractors, we give them an outline of our own perspective to work on. However, individuals vary... Some go extra mile in providing ideas to improve while some just go ahead with what you provide. etc

Anyone can also argue the above on my personal opinion. The line separating both can be thin or thick, up to individual... End of the day, we, as house owners, choose to pay more or less, based on our own judgement and comfortability.

Just my personal view. :)

Some ID do not provide computerised drawings but still propose designs in 3d perspective hand drawn, space planning etc till customer satisfaction.

So perhaps a good way to differentiate ID and contractor is that ID provides and guide customers to build desired home while contractors are order takers.

So perhaps in your case, your contractor can be considered as an ID as well?

Edited by zhiz

Some ID do not provide computerised drawings but still propose designs in 3d perspective hand drawn, space planning etc till customer satisfaction.

So perhaps a good way to differentiate ID and contractor is that ID provides and guide customers to build desired home while contractors are order takers.

So perhaps in your case, your contractor can be considered as an ID as well?

Maybe to you, yes, but to me, I deem him as contractor who beats those IDs (whom I met before I settle for him) hands down for his price, drawings, responsibility & man of word. ;)

Rgds

I went to look for roy as his office is near my place. Nice sincere man. He sent me his quotation in less than 24hrs, i'm indeed impressed..his quotations are 1 of the cheaper ones. But then he failed me once. was supposed to come for site visit at my hse, but last minute he cancelled saying he's sick. ok i dun blame him for being sick cos i can see he looks tired when we met. I am still waiting for him to call me..i guess he is quite busy with his on-hands project.

Hi Minnie,

You are lucky to receive a quote from Roy. Based on good reviews from this forum, I made an appointment and went to see him with my wife about 1 month ago. 2 weeks after our first meeting, i actually sms him to remind him on our quote and he said he's still working on it but in the end he didnt even revert with the quotation. No choice but to drop him from our list. A pity.....

I went to look for roy as his office is near my place. Nice sincere man. He sent me his quotation in less than 24hrs, i'm indeed impressed..his quotations are 1 of the cheaper ones. But then he failed me once. was supposed to come for site visit at my hse, but last minute he cancelled saying he's sick. ok i dun blame him for being sick cos i can see he looks tired when we met. I am still waiting for him to call me..i guess he is quite busy with his on-hands project.

Hi Minnie,

You are lucky to receive a quote from Roy. Based on good reviews from this forum, I made an appointment and went to see him with my wife about 1 month ago. 2 weeks after our first meeting, i actually sms him to remind him on our quote and he said he's still working on it but in the end he didnt even revert with the quotation. No choice but to drop him from our list. A pity.....

hai but sad to say, it's has been 3 days since he put plane, no follow up from him leh. i wanna spend $ still got to keep calling them. faint...

Well I do agree Contractor and ID are just divided by a thin line.

After reading so much on RenoTalk, no matter which Contractor or ID u go for and how it turns out really depends on luck.

The more you read the more confuse. So it is a gamble.But still have to do our homework before jumping.

ROY got back to me as promise in 1 week.

Now waiting for Edgeline who need two week and suppose this week is the end of timeline so let see what will happen.

Roy's shop front is only open on Week Day so have to rush from work and meet him.

Well he is kinda busy and tire looking but he now got an assistant so hopefully should be ok.

So usually how do you meet up with the contractor most of them should not have a store front right?

I did up my HDB few years back using a contractor.

Just look up design and decor magazines and when find something i like, just cut it out and show the contractor i want this.

Also need to tell contractor exactly what designs i want for study cabinets and study table.

To really save cost for things that I can get cheaper quotes on my own, i do not even go through my contractor.

It was really cost saving and i had spare cash to buy more high end furnitures. However it was really really time consuming. And I would see some pieces of design look nice on its own but overall lack the wow factor even though i spent a huge sum for whole house plus furnishing.

this time round engage an ID because I really have no time. Some IDs that I come across hardly give me any ideas, just purely replicate some of their past works and show me pics. However i think my final ID did a good job as he gives fresh and practical ideas and designs that match my new house. His colour sense also very good (I'm not so good at this and glad that he's such a good help).

Guess it all boils down to a few things:

- do you have the time to do coordination work?

- whether contractor or ID, it depends on what you want. The real ID can really do a fab job than contractor. It's not about coming up with freshest and newest designs, but designs that suit your place and enhance its character. but not all IDs are 'real IDs' and good contractors with some design sense can perhaps do better than these so-called IDs.

Just my two cents.

Well I do agree Contractor and ID are just divided by a thin line.

After reading so much on RenoTalk, no matter which Contractor or ID u go for and how it turns out really depends on luck.

The more you read the more confuse. So it is a gamble.But still have to do our homework before jumping.

ROY got back to me as promise in 1 week.

Now waiting for Edgeline who need two week and suppose this week is the end of timeline so let see what will happen.

Roy's shop front is only open on Week Day so have to rush from work and meet him.

Well he is kinda busy and tire looking but he now got an assistant so hopefully should be ok.

So usually how do you meet up with the contractor most of them should not have a store front right?

Hi mind sharing your quotation from edgeline? :D