Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
upsidesunny

Replacing Defective Wall Tiles

hi

i've got some cracks on the corners of 2 of my kitchen wall tiles. I asked the development contractor to replace it but he says that if he does, it will affect the rest of the tiles, and at some future point, some of the tiles may even pop out.

is there any truth in what he says? or is he just saying that because he doesn't want to go through the trouble of replacing the tile?

i'd prefer it changed, but if it's going to pop out in a year or 2 time after the warranty period is over, then I'll probably prefer not to.

any thoughts please?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi

i've got some cracks on the corners of 2 of my kitchen wall tiles. I asked the development contractor to replace it but he says that if he does, it will affect the rest of the tiles, and at some future point, some of the tiles may even pop out.

is there any truth in what he says? or is he just saying that because he doesn't want to go through the trouble of replacing the tile?

i'd prefer it changed, but if it's going to pop out in a year or 2 time after the warranty period is over, then I'll probably prefer not to.

any thoughts please?

Juz replace some loose wall tiles on my shower room and the uncle who helped us to do the job didn't replace those with cracks,he just plastered a thin layer of white cement over the cracks. We asked him to replace those with cracks but he said no need,so he just plastered over. He charge us $90 to replace a few tiles and do some plastering works which i find it to be quite ex..

Juz replace some loose wall tiles on my shower room and the uncle who helped us to do the job didn't replace those with cracks,he just plastered a thin layer of white cement over the cracks. We asked him to replace those with cracks but he said no need,so he just plastered over. He charge us $90 to replace a few tiles and do some plastering works which i find it to be quite ex..

did he say why he didn't want to replace?

I just told mine to go ahead to replace the tiles. I hope there won't be any long term consequences!!!!

tiles won't pop unless u do it improperly. e.g hollow, didn't soak the tiles b4 laying them.

there are chemical additives that u can add to the cement to strength the bonding. E.g those white liquid u see in big plastic containers. but normally that is used for flooring, not wall tiles.