Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SGBuzz

New Hive

hihi SGBuzz...

congrates on ur done-ed kitchen!!! simple n sleek design.... :good:

i like the view out to the balcony...Woww....when Mrs SGBuzz cooking....turn to her left and look out...the food cooked, will be :thumbs up: becos mood is good when there's nice scenary....!!!

Well Done Job!!! :jammin:

Cheers :D

I think the decision to engage our own kitchen vendor pays off :jammin:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hey Mr&Mrs SGBuzz....

Congratulations......finally get to see your kitchen done.....ermmm..... :bleah: ....that piece of wall(between kitchen & balcony..... still half-standing huh.....?????.... :D ......hahahhaha

The washing area~cooking area & working top stretching up to the other wall-end look beli spacious, beli nice.... :dribble: ...! ...can show the pics of the other wall side(where the toilet is ??)........

Great work !

Cheers!

:yamseng:

Bro, that wall is still a very sore point between us and the ID :(

Will take a picture of the opposite wall, but the bi fold door is opening to the wrong side now, hopefully will be rectified today :unsure:

Your kitchen looks quite spacious, unlike most EM kitchens. And Im simply love your invisible grilles!!!

Thank You :D

Go for it (the invisible grilles) visually looks great though the workmanship could be better.

Bro, that wall is still a very sore point between us and the ID :(

:unsure:

" sore point "..ermm...that wall.......?????...... :P .....HACK-OFF lor........ :D ........

...seriously.. :good: ..really luv the whole stretch at kitchen top area... :dribble: ....nice nice beli nice... :good: ...

Thank You :D

Go for it (the invisible grilles) visually looks great though the workmanship could be better.

Must wait for a few more years lei. Have to let the new grilles installed wear off first. Hehe.

Cheers :D

I think the decision to engage our own kitchen vendor pays off :jammin:

Hihi, nice nice kitchen ;)

Care to share the experience with this carpenter? If you don't mind, can take close shot of the white cabinet? We uses classic for our kitchen and we're thinking of other shelves for our living area... so thinking if we can try your contractor :P

Hihi, nice nice kitchen ;)

Care to share the experience with this carpenter? If you don't mind, can take close shot of the white cabinet? We uses classic for our kitchen and we're thinking of other shelves for our living area... so thinking if we can try your contractor :P

I have had a very very good experience with this carpenter. Allow me to ventilate. . .

(i) We had some issues with Citygas for the installation of the gas piping. It was the coordinator Simon who called me to let me know what is happening, when it is not exactly his responsibility. Just that he had to delay the installation of the cabinets. My ID did not tell me.

(ii) When we had the wrong WC (had a straight back and prevented water pipes from running behind it, my IDs said chances are we cannot exchange because the boxes have been thrown away. Simon happened to be around. He said, "why don't you call? if you don't try, you won't know.' I called. And hold and behold! Hoe Kee agreed for us to exchange 2 WCs!! And did not even charged us for delivery for the pick-up!

(iii) Citygas wanted to activate the gas and realised that the nozzle was not suitable and asked us to change. I was dumb and thought that I should consult the carpenters on what it was. Simon explained that it had to do with the hob people, and suggested I called them. The matter was resolved with the hob pp. But Simon actually called me back to find out if i have settled the problem!

(iv) Our fridge's top screw got stuck with the top-hung cabinet. We thought they had the measurements wrong. We called and then realised that we were the ones who made the boo-boo. Buzz told them to leave a 1.8m gap for the fridge. Nonetheless, Simon asked for a pic and said that it's only a few mm shy. He would come and see what he can do about it.

(v) Not sure about other carpenters, but this carpenter also patch up little grooves caused by nails and staplers.

Talk about excellent service!

I am really impressed and satisfied!

:dribble::P:P

great...... :good: ...your progress updates already more than 50% completed lieow.......congrates !.......uhmmmm... :( .....the un-packing will be the most tidious......take care .....cheers! :yamseng:

hi cjRedDevil,

the unpacking was tedious!!

BUT WE ARE DONE!!!! :sport-smiley-003:

the movers brought stuff over on 5th (Friday).

We finished unpacking all 90 boxes this morning (7th Sunday).

Movers have also retrieved the boxes.

:good:

Edited by ricanne

Ah-HAH! I was just debating how feasible it is to have integrated basins and cabinets!

Do the cabinets feel solid?

Hey you bought the basins already? I bought almost the same type, but its a basin together a scrub board by the side. It's also from HOE KEE and cost about $350. 2 years later, the legs all give way. The LEGS are **** lousy, its screwed on with 4 long screws. The rest of the metals are just cheap metal which disintegrated. In the end, I have to go DIY shop and buy 8 fridge cubes to hold up the whole structure.

Hey you bought the basins already? I bought almost the same type, but its a basin together a scrub board by the side. It's also from HOE KEE and cost about $350. 2 years later, the legs all give way. The LEGS are **** lousy, its screwed on with 4 long screws. The rest of the metals are just cheap metal which disintegrated. In the end, I have to go DIY shop and buy 8 fridge cubes to hold up the whole structure.

we've moved in, and we've completed our unpacking.

sorry to hear about your experience.

i can only hope that 2 years on, Hoe Kee has up-ped the quality of their products. :bow:

P2020002.jpg

I just realized that your chimney hood's backing is glass. I wanted that for my house and my contractor said that because my hood is the chimney kind, it's impossible. Now I know I've been smoked. My kitchen has glass backing for the sink side and wall tiles for the hob side. Now, I am beginning to wonder whether the glass backing is tempered glass or normal glass.

I have had a very very good experience with this carpenter. Allow me to ventilate. . .

(i) We had some issues with Citygas for the installation of the gas piping. It was the coordinator Simon who called me to let me know what is happening, when it is not exactly his responsibility. Just that he had to delay the installation of the cabinets. My ID did not tell me.

(ii) When we had the wrong WC (had a straight back and prevented water pipes from running behind it, my IDs said chances are we cannot exchange because the boxes have been thrown away. Simon happened to be around. He said, "why don't you call? if you don't try, you won't know.' I called. And hold and behold! Hoe Kee agreed for us to exchange 2 WCs!! And did not even charged us for delivery for the pick-up!

(iii) Citygas wanted to activate the gas and realised that the nozzle was not suitable and asked us to change. I was dumb and thought that I should consult the carpenters on what it was. Simon explained that it had to do with the hob people, and suggested I called them. The matter was resolved with the hob pp. But Simon actually called me back to find out if i have settled the problem!

(iv) Our fridge's top screw got stuck with the top-hung cabinet. We thought they had the measurements wrong. We called and then realised that we were the ones who made the boo-boo. Buzz told them to leave a 1.8m gap for the fridge. Nonetheless, Simon asked for a pic and said that it's only a few mm shy. He would come and see what he can do about it.

(v) Not sure about other carpenters, but this carpenter also patch up little grooves caused by nails and staplers.

Talk about excellent service!

I am really impressed and satisfied!

:dribble::P:P

Thx thx for the detailed report :P

They are indeed very responsive and nice, just like Classic :D

BTW, we had the same problem with our gas nozzle, where's your gas stove from?

Thx thx for the detailed report :P

They are indeed very responsive and nice, just like Classic :D

BTW, we had the same problem with our gas nozzle, where's your gas stove from?

u referring to the shop or brand?

We got it from Goh An Bee. Its a Brandt.

hi cjRedDevil,

the unpacking was tedious!!

BUT WE ARE DONE!!!! :sport-smiley-003:

the movers brought stuff over on 5th (Friday).

We finished unpacking all 90 boxes this morning (7th Sunday).

Movers have also retrieved the boxes.

:good:

hey ricanne,

Congrates to your reno completion, moved-in and unpacking done.... :good: ..great efforts!

Believe it ornot... :( ....i still hv 1 carton and some other touch-up not yet done.....must complete it within these 3 days...ready for CNY....

BTW, wishing you & Mr SGBuzz... A Happiest & Joyful Lunar New Year 2010....Huuaaat ah !!!!!

CHEERS! :yamseng::yamseng::yamseng: