Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SGBuzz

New Hive

hey ricanne,

Congrates to your reno completion, moved-in and unpacking done.... :good: ..great efforts!

Believe it ornot... :( ....i still hv 1 carton and some other touch-up not yet done.....must complete it within these 3 days...ready for CNY....

BTW, wishing you & Mr SGBuzz... A Happiest & Joyful Lunar New Year 2010....Huuaaat ah !!!!!

CHEERS! :yamseng::yamseng::yamseng:

Hey CJRedDevil

saw your new posts. very beautiful!

so long haven't been to RenoTalk.

believe it or not . . . although we were very quick in unpacking and getting ready for CNY, a lot of things are still undesirable.

the IDs were just here on Friday to see how they can rectify faults. Faults which if they cannot rectify, we'll keep the balance!

can you believe it? Toilet grouting which have 2 different colours? One white and the other some dirty colour.

So everytime we sit on the bowl . . . it stares back at us. Machiam like we never wash the floor.

know what the ID said? Wear and tear. :furious:

the paint had also started to flake even within the first week of moving in.

So angry! :bangwall:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hey CJRedDevil

believe it or not . . . although we were very quick in unpacking and getting ready for CNY, a lot of things are still undesirable.

the IDs were just here on Friday to see how they can rectify faults. Faults which if they cannot rectify, we'll keep the balance!

can you believe it? Toilet grouting which have 2 different colours? One white and the other some dirty colour.

So everytime we sit on the bowl . . . it stares back at us. Machiam like we never wash the floor.

hihi Mrs SGBuzz,

get ur ID (Hamed) to do the grouting again....that time mine also, i requested him to get it done becos how can be two color....he ask the tiler to come back n do....tiler gave excuse and say that it's like that....one....they think we layman ahhh...dunnu all these...i so :angry: i called Hamed n 'bark' till he buay tahan....he get another tiler to help him...actually mine not that much diff....small portion in kitchen n small portion in common toilet....

ur painter from ID? or u separately engaged ur own painter?

hihi Mrs SGBuzz,

get ur ID (Hamed) to do the grouting again....that time mine also, i requested him to get it done becos how can be two color....he ask the tiler to come back n do....tiler gave excuse and say that it's like that....one....they think we layman ahhh...dunnu all these...i so :angry: i called Hamed n 'bark' till he buay tahan....he get another tiler to help him...actually mine not that much diff....small portion in kitchen n small portion in common toilet....

ur painter from ID? or u separately engaged ur own painter?

The tiler came back . . . twice, each time average about 2 hours. On subsequent days, didn't see him again. I was telling SGbuzz not to expect him. haha...

Anyway, a different tiler came tonight to look-see. . . he said that his boss will call the ID, and they are not likely to do it because it was not their job in the first place.

This second tiler claimed that it was the acid wash which caused the grouting to change colour. . .

frankly, i don't care what caused it. i just want a resolution . . .

So we'll wait and see whose calling us next la . . .

Painter also from ID . . .

actually. . . we preferred the chinese ID to the other one. The latter one has not been as responsive as the former. And he's rather defensive. . .

The tiler came back . . . twice, each time average about 2 hours. On subsequent days, didn't see him again. I was telling SGbuzz not to expect him. haha...

Anyway, a different tiler came tonight to look-see. . . he said that his boss will call the ID, and they are not likely to do it because it was not their job in the first place.

This second tiler claimed that it was the acid wash which caused the grouting to change colour. . .

frankly, i don't care what caused it. i just want a resolution . . .

So we'll wait and see whose calling us next la . . .

Painter also from ID . . .

actually. . . we preferred the chinese ID to the other one. The latter one has not been as responsive as the former. And he's rather defensive. . .

oohhh....due to acid wash....this sound familiar....the tiler who the ID asked to see me, oso said it's due to washing....i oso dun care...i wan him to fix the issue....as a comsumer, we paid n we shld get what we shld hv....if the issue was caused by me, i got no arguing ground but we haven even stay there, how will it caused by us??? LL, he got to do it, that's y he found another tiler to do it....

hope your prob solve asap.... :rolleyes:

oohhh....due to acid wash....this sound familiar....the tiler who the ID asked to see me, oso said it's due to washing....i oso dun care...i wan him to fix the issue....as a comsumer, we paid n we shld get what we shld hv....if the issue was caused by me, i got no arguing ground but we haven even stay there, how will it caused by us??? LL, he got to do it, that's y he found another tiler to do it....

hope your prob solve asap.... :rolleyes:

Thanks for your advice.

The original tiler to rectify it, but gave up.

The firm then sent another tiler who said it's acid wash, and said that it's not their fault and won't it.

This evening, the ID is asking for case close with $500 discount.

So we asked him how much does it cost to re-tile the affected floor and wall. He has yet to reply.

:bangwall:

btw. . .how did they rectify the problem?

use penknife and try to shave it off, and then re-grout?

Hubby now very keen to speak to the boss.

But frankly, the reason why we went to an ID firm is for ID type of work.

In the end, we still have to look over their shoulders.

Our own contractors did a better job than the ID(s).

Really sad.

Since we still have the hold over them, we'll exercise it.

The quality is definitely not something i expect from an ID.

I hack care the workmen are sub-contractors. As far as i am concerned, I paid the ID, the ID's responsible.

Edited by ricanne

Hey CJRedDevil

Hey ricanne...

sorli late response...me now at shanghai....

so sorry to hear abt your tiles problem....i dun think so it's bcuz acid-wash leh.....acid wash should clean all white mah....where got white & dirty tone wan.....

abt the paint flake....maybe no applt seallen ?

It's really pain pain having such un-called problems ya.....take care ....die die must setlle or els cannot tarhan the feeling of maciam no wash toilet......hahahahha

cheers!

Thanks for your advice.

The original tiler to rectify it, but gave up.

The firm then sent another tiler who said it's acid wash, and said that it's not their fault and won't it.

This evening, the ID is asking for case close with $500 discount.

So we asked him how much does it cost to re-tile the affected floor and wall. He has yet to reply.

:bangwall:

btw. . .how did they rectify the problem?

use penknife and try to shave it off, and then re-grout?

Hubby now very keen to speak to the boss.

But frankly, the reason why we went to an ID firm is for ID type of work.

In the end, we still have to look over their shoulders.

Our own contractors did a better job than the ID(s).

Really sad.

Since we still have the hold over them, we'll exercise it.

The quality is definitely not something i expect from an ID.

I hack care the workmen are sub-contractors. As far as i am concerned, I paid the ID, the ID's responsible.

i was not around when they doing it...but when i back during wkend to check, it was done! according to ID, he got another tiler to 'repair' the grout-line....becos when he asked the original tiler to re-do (that time i was ard), the tiler also insist is the acid wash, not his fault, so he not going to re-do.....tink he no choice...get another one to do it....

but u say ur ID changed to a chinese guy, right? shld be easier to talk to....

dun pay yet....wait till things r done dan u pay them off....

i was not around when they doing it...but when i back during wkend to check, it was done! according to ID, he got another tiler to 'repair' the grout-line....becos when he asked the original tiler to re-do (that time i was ard), the tiler also insist is the acid wash, not his fault, so he not going to re-do.....tink he no choice...get another one to do it....

but u say ur ID changed to a chinese guy, right? shld be easier to talk to....

dun pay yet....wait till things r done dan u pay them off....

Chinese easier to talk to.

But Malay call the shots.

i wonder what are my chances if i go straight to the boss?

will he think that we are unreasonable or push his guys to do it?

Edited by ricanne

Chinese easier to talk to.

But Malay call the shots.

i wonder what are my chances if i go straight to the boss?

will he think that we are unreasonable or push his guys to do it?

ehhhh~~~u hv to be on firm stand lol.....what need to be done, they hv to do it mah, otherwise don't pay lol....but of cos...hope they listen and do whatever they need to do....anyway, we r consumer, of cos we don't get 100% work done, @ least a 90% - 95% work done bahhhh~~~right?

my reno supposed to be complete in 3wks but end up more than 1mth....it's not 100% but @ least i pushed till 90%....i wun feel that bad...

all the best~~~n wish everything smooth for U..... :rolleyes:

Hey CJRedDevil

Hi Mrs SGBuzz

I can understand how you feel. Sian lor.My ID from CI too, he is a chinese always got lot of excuses. He said my granite flooring is not done properly becos we rush him to complete , the granite tile problem, other workers step on the granite when it not dry yet.etc...............

But CI sales customer service people got call my parents to ask for their feedback. Did CI ppl call u for feedback ?

Hi Mrs SGBuzz

I can understand how you feel. Sian lor.My ID from CI too, he is a chinese always got lot of excuses. He said my granite flooring is not done properly becos we rush him to complete , the granite tile problem, other workers step on the granite when it not dry yet.etc...............

But CI sales customer service people got call my parents to ask for their feedback. Did CI ppl call u for feedback ?

My IDs are calling it QUITS!

Even willing to forfeit the balance payment.

What professionalism!

My IDs are calling it QUITS!

Even willing to forfeit the balance payment.

What professionalism!

this is very bad after sales service. did u bring it up to their higher management?

this is very bad after sales service. did u bring it up to their higher management?

in their email, they claimed they discussed with their boss.

we have been busy and perhaps still in shock to respond to it.

they offered to rehack the whole floor and redo, provided we pay upfront the balance.

that's the catch.

we don't trust them to do it properly even with the hacking.

Hubby is thinking of spending his own time scrapping it out with penknife and filling it in himself with grout from Home-Fix.