Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
psc123

Induction Hob (30a)

Mayer salesman said I need 30A plug to connect to their induction hob. How do i do this when the typical apartment has only 13A or 15A?

Anyone tried 30A?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Mayer salesman said I need 30A plug to connect to their induction hob. How do i do this when the typical apartment has only 13A or 15A?

Anyone tried 30A?

Did u buy eventually? I am interested in induction hob but not sure whether can install or not? Typical apartment, are u referring to HDB?

Did u buy eventually? I am interested in induction hob but not sure whether can install or not? Typical apartment, are u referring to HDB?

Hi Dokiesim;

Most 60cm , 4 zones induction hob need at least 30AMP power input . Is best to check with your designer or electrician about the power supply whether can it take it .As air con takes up 15 AMP , Storage heater 15 AMP so theres not much left .

In the current market theres 30cm Induction but it requires 15 AMP so you may try to consider it . one side install a 30cm induction than beside put a 30cm single buner :) At least theres flame and electric on stand by ( No gas use electric , No electric use gas ) :)

kitchen matters

Hi Dokiesim;

Most 60cm , 4 zones induction hob need at least 30AMP power input . Is best to check with your designer or electrician about the power supply whether can it take it .As air con takes up 15 AMP , Storage heater 15 AMP so theres not much left .

In the current market theres 30cm Induction but it requires 15 AMP so you may try to consider it . one side install a 30cm induction than beside put a 30cm single buner :) At least theres flame and electric on stand by ( No gas use electric , No electric use gas ) :)

kitchen matters

Hi, I am eyeing on 2 cooking zones brandt brand. The sales person from harvey told me it needs a 13mp plug. If my apartment has 60mp, can I say it is sufficient? I wonder whether if induction hob consumes alot of electricity and it costs more to cook a meal using induction hob as compared to gas hob.

Hi, I am eyeing on 2 cooking zones brandt brand. The sales person from harvey told me it needs a 13mp plug. If my apartment has 60mp, can I say it is sufficient? I wonder whether if induction hob consumes alot of electricity and it costs more to cook a meal using induction hob as compared to gas hob.

13amp plug is the normal 3 pin plug we are using for our electrical appliances. The apartment having 60amp is the total value and not indicative of the plug. Singapore only has 2 types of sockets 13amp and 15amp (used for aircon with 3 round pins).

If the hob requires a 13amp plug, then u can just plug it into any 3 pin plug in the kitchen for the hob to function.

basically, check the power (wattage) the induction cooker consumes, divide that by 230 volts, you get the amperes that u need. typically, HDB flats cannot tahan. Brandt is the only one that has the 2 zone cooker placed in the horizontal manner and consumes 3200 watts (i think). we almost went for that until the salesman selling induction or ceramic gave scary stories about maintenance. One of them mentioned a typical lifespan of a induction stove is just 6 to 7 years. in the end, settled for the rinnai ceran glass gas stove.

induction cooks faster than gas stove, hence less consumption in the long run. Ceramic cooks about same time as gas stove but consumes more energy. Think of Ceramic like an electric stove.

My facts may be wrong. i learnt all these from the salesmen.