Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Aurola

Need Help , Kitchen Cabinet Peel Off

hey guys out htere...help!!!!!!1

i just bought a resale flat, thinking not to spend on previous owner kitchen reno.

but the cabinet door, laminating ( or what they called) , surface is a bit peel off.

how do i salvage it?

please help me...

most ID said must change whole door which cost 40 dollar per door.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

glue it back together with adhesive glue - contact cement glue, the one where cobbler use to mend shoe.

I agree in the above post.. Buy a glue that's compatible on the structure of that.. Use a piece of wood so your hands will be not expose on the glue..

--------------------

Concrete Repair

thanks thanks for the advice...however the peel of until some door left no exisiting material.

peel off, the material ( color) outer layer near corner of each door chop off a bit..

how to amend that?

sorry if my description is not complete..and not clear..

can i change color of the cabinet door without changing the whole door?

I agree in the above post.. Buy a glue that's compatible on the structure of that.. Use a piece of wood so your hands will be not expose on the glue..

--------------------

Concrete Repair

Application of adhesive to paste high pressure laminate is to use a small pc of laminate with 'teeth'

In furniture manufacturing industry, adhesive glue should be the only use to paste high pressure laminate which is commonly know as formica.

Popular use of brands of glue are: Lam chuan & Tiger. Others are Deer, Elephant & Globe etc.

i have this problem with my resale flat too. i intend to re laminate it at first. but i think its too troublesome, no one wants to do the job. end up got to change the whole door. $55 each door (some quoted $80 -$120). so i think if your ID charge $40, you can consider changing it.

i have this problem with my resale flat too. i intend to re laminate it at first. but i think its too troublesome, no one wants to do the job. end up got to change the whole door. $55 each door (some quoted $80 -$120). so i think if your ID charge $40, you can consider changing it.

but total can cost up to few K wor...we have already pay the high COV, intend not to spend too much on the kitchen reno..

any other way?

haha same here. i only did really minor things due to the high COV. but for me, changing the cabinet door is a must. we have only about 16 cabinet doors, so its still within 1k, but if i were to redo the whole kitchen cabinet that will be afew k. other way is learn how to diy and relaminated yourself since no contractor will do it, even they do, the price is as good as changing it.=