Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
joseeng

Wmf Cooking Pots And Pans

Hi,

am interested in getting wmf pots and pans, all comments/experiences/reviews are greatly welcomed and appreciated.

tks in advance.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

its expensive right? nt sure what the fuss about the pots are.... just metal pots. haha. used mine already cos its a gift from my ID. haha.

its expensive right? nt sure what the fuss about the pots are.... just metal pots. haha. used mine already cos its a gift from my ID. haha.

Actually there are 2 different classes of products. 1 is made in Germany and the other is made in China, obviously you should know which is the more expensive range.

Heard those pots made in China do get rusty over time even though they are made with stainless steel, so wondering anyone has any experiences to share?

actually I bought tat range of china made pots and its ongoing promo... so its cheaper than getting Zebra , so thats why im buying.

so far cooking wise no prob.. but i think its better to dry it completely after washing... im having some watermarks stain (seems like it)

Rondy had complained his has got brownish stain already.

But i know they do sell the solution for cleaning off the stains.

actually I bought tat range of china made pots and its ongoing promo... so its cheaper than getting Zebra , so thats why im buying.

so far cooking wise no prob.. but i think its better to dry it completely after washing... im having some watermarks stain (seems like it)

Rondy had complained his has got brownish stain already.

But i know they do sell the solution for cleaning off the stains.

tks for advice char. I saw Rondy's feedback on his pots too. let's see whether there are more kind comments from fellow forumers.

tks for advice char. I saw Rondy's feedback on his pots too. let's see whether there are more kind comments from fellow forumers.

I have been using WMF kitchen ware for quite a few years now. I usually buy them at Taka when there is a special promo, so I'm sure they are made in China stuff. Honestly, I find their quality very good and reliable. It does not tarnish so easily. Of course, it is also how you maintain it, so it can last a long time.

I have been using WMF kitchen ware for quite a few years now. I usually buy them at Taka when there is a special promo, so I'm sure they are made in China stuff. Honestly, I find their quality very good and reliable. It does not tarnish so easily. Of course, it is also how you maintain it, so it can last a long time.

So did u actually buy the solution to "polish" it? I find it better than what my mom is using, those cheapo pots.. after yrs of using the screw gotten loose and its pretty scary to me.

Compare to the germany made pots, i prefer the weight of the china made actually cuz its much lighter.

I cant imagine the heavy pot filled with soup..

hey Jose,

Im not using their frying pan, but my friend does.. n gotten bad feedback.. cuz the meat/egg really stick to the base.

for frying pan, im using tefal.. all time fave

Edited by charemme

tks for feedback. appreciate it. agree on your point on the way to maintain it. shall wait for its sale and try buying one set and test out its quality... :)

So did u actually buy the solution to "polish" it? I find it better than what my mom is using, those cheapo pots.. after yrs of using the screw gotten loose and its pretty scary to me.

Compare to the germany made pots, i prefer the weight of the china made actually cuz its much lighter.

I cant imagine the heavy pot filled with soup..

hey Jose,

Im not using their frying pan, but my friend does.. n gotten bad feedback.. cuz the meat/egg really stick to the base.

hi char,

there is a difference in the weight between those made in germany and those made in china.

will take note of the frying pan issue. tks.

when i went to look look at taka, an ang moh lady said she used the made in china WMF pots for 5 yrs now, though made in china, but still lasting.. so actually dun need to get germany ones... but if u have the $M of cus can get la.. :)

one reason why i bought wmf (mic) over my preferred corningware, is cus i dropped the WMF cover on laminated flooring at the shopping centre at a height of 1.5m, AND IT DIDNT BREAK!!!! no dents whatsoever... corningware one sure break, cus i broke my mum's bef...... haha.. dats why i bought the wmf ones right there and then..

havent used, but hopefully can last! :P

. cuz the meat/egg really stick to the base.

I picked up from this excellent site at http://rouxbe.com - that for stainless steel pans, to avoid sticking to the base, you must heat the pan to the right temperature before putting the oil and meat. Just to share also that the online video cooking school Rouxbe site is a paid site but it runs a free cooking module on a daily basis and if you catch it on the right day, there's one on how to test if the pan is hot enough.... using water droplets, quite entertaining and educational.

PS. of course, non-stick is always more convenient for cooking eggs especially.

Edited by atlantis2267

when i went to look look at taka, an ang moh lady said she used the made in china WMF pots for 5 yrs now, though made in china, but still lasting.. so actually dun need to get germany ones... but if u have the $M of cus can get la.. :)

one reason why i bought wmf (mic) over my preferred corningware, is cus i dropped the WMF cover on laminated flooring at the shopping centre at a height of 1.5m, AND IT DIDNT BREAK!!!! no dents whatsoever... corningware one sure break, cus i broke my mum's bef...... haha.. dats why i bought the wmf ones right there and then..

havent used, but hopefully can last! :P

5yrs is considered worth the money paid liao. personally i think the made in china ones are worth a try for amatuers like me.

wah, you performed a drop test to prove its toughness is it....haha...at least it has passed the drop test with flying colors.

I picked up from this excellent site at http://rouxbe.com - that for stainless steel pans, to avoid sticking to the base, you must heat the pan to the right temperature before putting the oil and meat. Just to share also that the online video cooking school Rouxbe site is a paid site but it runs a free cooking module on a daily basis and if you catch it on the right day, there's one on how to test if the pan is hot enough.... using water droplets, quite entertaining and educational.

PS. of course, non-stick is always more convenient for cooking eggs especially.

tks for sharing. will check out the webby.

5yrs is considered worth the money paid liao. personally i think the made in china ones are worth a try for amatuers like me.

wah, you performed a drop test to prove its toughness is it....haha...at least it has passed the drop test with flying colors.

actually for the price and also quality... i think china made are good enuff for normal kitchen uses..

for my brother who are trained in cooking of cos will prefer the germany made stuffs as its heavier and maybe feel mor 'professional' eh

actually for the price and also quality... i think china made are good enuff for normal kitchen uses..

for my brother who are trained in cooking of cos will prefer the germany made stuffs as its heavier and maybe feel mor 'professional' eh

the made in germany ones are much more ex, so "professional" does comes with a higher price....hehe

hahhaa, yea 3 pots for less than $100, think v worth it for amateurs like me toooo!

hehh, no la, i thought the cover was connected to the pot via the transparent string, then i flip over the pot to see the bottom, den oooopsie! :P