Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
welcomegod

Is Exhaust Hood Useful?

Hi,

Heard that some of my relative and friends said that the Exhaust hood is uesless,

as the kitchen will still be 70% oily as usual.

Is it true?

Any way to lessen the oiliness in the kitchen except stop cooking:)

Thanks.

Hood will minimised but will not get rid of all the cooking fume.

The brand and model which you install also play a part depending on your lifestyle.

eg. if the hood is designed for light cooking, then you will not see the diff in heavy cooking.

And I also think hood maintenance is an important factor.

If hood is useless then why all foodcourt/resturants/zhi cha uses one ?

Hope above helps.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Definately hoob helps. How effective ? Well, it depends on a few factors :

1. The power of the hood, funnel is usually higher in power thus more effective but it does not look so nice. (maybe its my personal preference).

2. The distance between the Hoob and the hob, of course nearer is better, I suggest about 60 to 65cm.

3. Maintnance, the best hoob in the world will be useless unless you clean it regularly.

Edited by CS70

Definately hoob helps. How effective ? Well, it depends on a few factors :

1. The power of the hood, funnel is usually higher in power thus more effective but it does not look so nice. (maybe its my personal preference).

2. The distance between the Hoob and the hob, of course nearer is better, I suggest about 60 to 65cm.

3. Maintnance, the best hoob in the world will be useless unless you clean it regularly.

Very precise !

- Hood creates the "pressure difference" - 60cm-65cm is just nice that not much "short circulating air "ard hood.

-Wind from window/doors will affect the "pressure difference" - best is to close all "openings" to have a "still air" ambience in kitchen while doing cooking. But, which cookers can stand this?

Uncles & Anuties who do not understand all these and condemn the hoods as "useless", are really "useless".

Edited by bepgof

Hi,

Heard that some of my relative and friends said that the Exhaust hood is uesless,

as the kitchen will still be 70% oily as usual.

Is it true?

Any way to lessen the oiliness in the kitchen except stop cooking:)

Thanks.

Exhaust Hood is very useful & sucking smoke & steam directly out from our pot. Its not meant to absorb oil splash. Without it, oil will spread to your kitchen cabinets & other parts. Its doesn't do a tough job but a preventive job in the kitchen. For maintenance, clean countertop with soap & water, mop kitchen floors every night, wipe kitchen cabinets & other surfaces at least once a month. And most importantly, wash the filters of your hood regularly!!!! My 10yr old kitchen is still in good working condition! :)