Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lionfreak

Full Ht Wardrobe Wif Tv Inside

hey there guys, i currently have a place in woodlands, and i was wondering if i could fit in a wardrobe and a tv area at the same time... i went to this ID recently, he said that it is possible to do something like a sliding panel on the wardrobe to mount the tv... this idea is new to me, but im not really sure if this will be feasible or not... any suggestions?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hey there guys, i currently have a place in woodlands, and i was wondering if i could fit in a wardrobe and a tv area at the same time... i went to this ID recently, he said that it is possible to do something like a sliding panel on the wardrobe to mount the tv... this idea is new to me, but im not really sure if this will be feasible or not... any suggestions?

Hi Lionfreak

ah great mind think alike... as my MBR is kinda small I thought of putting my tv on my 13 ft wardrobe. I got the idea from a HK magazine. The flat screen tv is mounted on the middle portion of the wardrobe. On this middle portion, there is storage space on top with two swing out doors and bottom has about 3 drawers. The middle section is liked hollow out and the TV is mounted on a laminated backing here, just like tv console but tv is inside the wardrobe. There is a bit of space below to put dvd player. I discuss with one of my shortlisted ID and he says that the TV backing will take up space as he need room to manage the wiring and to hide the wiring. But otherwise cost is the same.

Another idea is to flip the tv inside the wardrobe and hide the tv when not used. This one I just thought of it recently to avoid dust.

I have used sliding wardrobe before and the sliding track usually the most important factor. so if you mount a tv which could weight a bit more on the sliding panel, your tracking mechanisms must be very good and I dun know how your ID intend to manage the wiring. The wood used must be strong as well.

If it can be done, please let me know. Meanwhile I just ask my ID to come back with his quote for the first idea.

BTW the HK magazine is called Jing She (hanyu pinying) 精舍 and can be picked up from the National Library. I can't recall the month it was published. Let me know if you can't find it. :)