Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kcteo

Diy Legrand Mallia Switch

Hi,

Recently I bought a 3g Mallia switch to replace one of my faulty Clipsal, I think I should be able to follow the existing Clipsal connection to connect the Mallia switch, but problem is that I am unable to dismantle the Mallia's 3 large rocker buttons in order to access to the 2 side screw holes to fasten the switch to the wall mounting box. Does any one have any idea how I can dismantle the 3 large rocker buttons on the Mallia switch (I have managed to remove the faceplate) ? I dare not to force open it cos' I am worry of breaking the plastic button body.

Thank you!

kcteo

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

Recently I bought a 3g Mallia switch to replace one of my faulty Clipsal, I think I should be able to follow the existing Clipsal connection to connect the Mallia switch, but problem is that I am unable to dismantle the Mallia's 3 large rocker buttons in order to access to the 2 side screw holes to fasten the switch to the wall mounting box. Does any one have any idea how I can dismantle the 3 large rocker buttons on the Mallia switch (I have managed to remove the faceplate) ? I dare not to force open it cos' I am worry of breaking the plastic button body.

Thank you!

kcteo

Legrand's Mallia switch consists of the face plate and rocker switch assembly. Why do you want to dismantle the rocker buttons ? The rocker switch assembly is where the two side screw holes are located so that you can secure it to the wall mounting box.

Make sure you turn off the ELCB before you open up the Clipsal switch and remove the wires for the individual rocker switches. Label them with masking tape if you fear mixing it up. The L,E & N symbols are easily recognisable on the Legrand switch. Insert the wires accordingly and secure. Fix the rocker switch assembly to the mounting box (I assume they are of the same size) and tighten the screws. Snap on the face plate. Job done. Turn on ELCB and test.

Hi Asoon88,

Thanks for your reply. My issue is if I don't dismantle the rocker buttons, the two side (left and right) screw holes are concealed by them and there is no way for me to secure the switch to the wall mounting box. Unless there is a way I can access to the two side screw holes without dismantling the rocker buttons.

Really hope that Legrand can provide a more elaborate installation guide, but the small piece of paper comes with the switch only shows a simple diagram that indicates both the faceplate and rocker buttons need to be dismantled first before securing the switch to the wall mount box using the side screw holes.

Thanks !

Legrand's Mallia switch consists of the face plate and rocker switch assembly. Why do you want to dismantle the rocker buttons ? The rocker switch assembly is where the two side screw holes are located so that you can secure it to the wall mounting box.

Make sure you turn off the ELCB before you open up the Clipsal switch and remove the wires for the individual rocker switches. Label them with masking tape if you fear mixing it up. The L,E & N symbols are easily recognisable on the Legrand switch. Insert the wires accordingly and secure. Fix the rocker switch assembly to the mounting box (I assume they are of the same size) and tighten the screws. Snap on the face plate. Job done. Turn on ELCB and test.

You can just pry open the rocker button with a screwdriver, shd not do any damage unless you exert a lot of force.

You can just pry open the rocker button with a screwdriver, shd not do any damage unless you exert a lot of force.

Yup.... PRY it open

Hi

I have need to diy switch replacement. can anyone assist with pictures how to remove the rocker swicth. I am also facing the same problem of being able to ply open the face plate but do not know how to open the rocker switch. Really hope someone can help with some pics or diagrams on how to ply and from where to prevent damages.

thanks thanks

pull... there is a catch... you'll see it if you see closely....

Hi

I have need to diy switch replacement. can anyone assist with pictures how to remove the rocker swicth. I am also facing the same problem of being able to ply open the face plate but do not know how to open the rocker switch. Really hope someone can help with some pics or diagrams on how to ply and from where to prevent damages.

thanks thanks

I am thinking of changing the switches in my under reno house (currently HDB clipsal). Just wondering, is it better to change myself? Seems to be simply enough. My contractor quoted me $15 to change per switch.

Yes, it is simple but safety is extremely important.

Make sure you turn off the circuit breakers and wear thick rubber shoes

Also, practice stripping wires so that you do not nick the wires.

Yes, it is simple but safety is extremely important.

Make sure you turn off the circuit breakers and wear thick rubber shoes

Also, practice stripping wires so that you do not nick the wires.

Thanks. I have done simple electrical work like this many many years ago when I was a fresh worker. Now just use mouth and talk for a living so maybe a bit rusty. I have checked youtube videos and it seems simple enough. All in, I got more than 20 points and this will save a bit.

Edited by LionFlyer