Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Parasite

Any1 Heard Of This Taboo?

I know this may not be the correct place to post but it was the closest that I could find. Went visiting during CNY. My friend parent say that cos my wife pregnant, should not do reno even though plan to have her move to her parents's place during reno. Say that no matter what my wife still the mistress of the house and the baby spirit is still residing around. Now all reno plan delay by 6 months :bangwall: Any1 heard before?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I know this may not be the correct place to post but it was the closest that I could find. Went visiting during CNY. My friend parent say that cos my wife pregnant, should not do reno even though plan to have her move to her parents's place during reno. Say that no matter what my wife still the mistress of the house and the baby spirit is still residing around. Now all reno plan delay by 6 months :bangwall: Any1 heard before?

Is your wife giving birth to YOUR CHILD or a SPIRIT ? Stop believing in all this superstition.

Let me give you sound advice on this.

Go ahead with your planned renovations. Your wife and you should be involved in the overall colour scheme, material selection and furniture layout. The selection should include your new baby fittings but avoid all those mushy-mushy children's decor because your child will outgrow the cot and playthings very fast and you will be much wiser to spend the money on milk and diapers instead.

DO NOT allow your wife to visit the site during renovations. This is for her own safety. That is where all the old wives' tales come from. Probably, in the past, women who were pregnant got injured because of wanting to clean up or help out in the renovations. DO NOT allow her to be near areas where cement powder is flying aound, it will affect the baby inside her. Just make sure you keep her abreast of the renovation progress. She should visit the site only when the final cleaning and debris is cleared up by your contractor.

If you wait 6 months later to do the renovations, you will not be better off because when your child comes out, both you, your wife and the baby will be seeking attention. It is even worse to bring a baby along during renovations. Do as I say, and you will be alright.

Is your wife giving birth to YOUR CHILD or a SPIRIT ? Stop believing in all this superstition.

Let me give you sound advice on this.

Go ahead with your planned renovations. Your wife and you should be involved in the overall colour scheme, material selection and furniture layout. The selection should include your new baby fittings but avoid all those mushy-mushy children's decor because your child will outgrow the cot and playthings very fast and you will be much wiser to spend the money on milk and diapers instead.

DO NOT allow your wife to visit the site during renovations. This is for her own safety. That is where all the old wives' tales come from. Probably, in the past, women who were pregnant got injured because of wanting to clean up or help out in the renovations. DO NOT allow her to be near areas where cement powder is flying aound, it will affect the baby inside her. Just make sure you keep her abreast of the renovation progress. She should visit the site only when the final cleaning and debris is cleared up by your contractor.

If you wait 6 months later to do the renovations, you will not be better off because when your child comes out, both you, your wife and the baby will be seeking attention. It is even worse to bring a baby along during renovations. Do as I say, and you will be alright.

Really depends on individual to belief. Some say believe, some say dont matter. Based on my personal experience, some are untrue. For instance chinese prefer red but depending on some Bazi, red is not a good color. Well, up to your belief.