Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lost

De Marque Espace Design

Hi,

Can't seem to find anything on this firm? I spoke to Snr Designer Eddie. He seems like a very nice guy.

Any comments from anyone? !! :jawdrop::deal:

- Lost

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Ah... no reply from my query so no news is good news? I'm going ahead to use this company. Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

Ah... no reply from my query so no news is good news? I'm going ahead to use this company. Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

Who did u contact?.......

Lol....I did shortlisted them when i did my house reno 3 years ago, but in the end I chose Intradesign.. I try to find out whether there are more recent comments on them but seems like very little info....:)

My contact person there is Eddie. So far so good only he gave me a bit of run about on certain renovation. I'm waiting for his final quote.

my unit is currently under reno with eddie as the ID. it has been an utter headache up to now.

my friend had his unit done and he said it was quite good, which was why i went with de marque. i remain unimpressed.

i told him specifically about the things I wanted done for the unit, and even gave him a copy of the pictures i found online. the unit was due to be completed last friday with all the carpentry work completed last wednesday. yet we were still hammering out dimensions (!) yesterday because despite my request to use Blum hardware and tandembox from Day 1, they got the measurements wrong and the carpenter had built the tv console. now the drawers won't fit.

His reply was, and i quote "because you bought the wrong tandembox". Even though I took his drawings with the dimensions to Blum personally to buy the hardware because he refused to buy the hardware from Blum himself for reason unknown to me.

the same fiasco applied to the light switches. I bought them based on the list he gave me (how many 2 gang 2 way switches etc). I cannot understand how it's my fault for buying the "wrong" switches based on the list he gave me.

i am still missing a tv console, chest of drawers and bathroom cabinet until now. they promised it will all be completed this friday. i take it with a giant boulder of salt.

my unit is currently under reno with eddie as the ID. it has been an utter headache up to now.

my friend had his unit done and he said it was quite good, which was why i went with de marque. i remain unimpressed.

i told him specifically about the things I wanted done for the unit, and even gave him a copy of the pictures i found online. the unit was due to be completed last friday with all the carpentry work completed last wednesday. yet we were still hammering out dimensions (!) yesterday because despite my request to use Blum hardware and tandembox from Day 1, they got the measurements wrong and the carpenter had built the tv console. now the drawers won't fit.

His reply was, and i quote "because you bought the wrong tandembox". Even though I took his drawings with the dimensions to Blum personally to buy the hardware because he refused to buy the hardware from Blum himself for reason unknown to me.

the same fiasco applied to the light switches. I bought them based on the list he gave me (how many 2 gang 2 way switches etc). I cannot understand how it's my fault for buying the "wrong" switches based on the list he gave me.

i am still missing a tv console, chest of drawers and bathroom cabinet until now. they promised it will all be completed this friday. i take it with a giant boulder of salt.

Sounds like a painful renovation to me. Till date, he still has not gave me his quote and I'm patiently waiting cos I am trying to get another quote from another ID.

He really convinced me that he is very capable cos he seems to understand what I want and showed me he knows his stuff. Thanks for sharing your info. Did you know he is not on the HDB approved contractors. I asked him about this and he said his sub cons have the necessary HDB licence. Now I really must think thrice about engaging him cos I am asking him to do my kitchen cabinets as well..... He did do some minor capentry work for me and I love the work of his capenter, Ah Ping, that's why I went back to him for a quote this time round.

Sounds like a painful renovation to me. Till date, he still has not gave me his quote and I'm patiently waiting cos I am trying to get another quote from another ID.

He really convinced me that he is very capable cos he seems to understand what I want and showed me he knows his stuff. Thanks for sharing your info. Did you know he is not on the HDB approved contractors. I asked him about this and he said his sub cons have the necessary HDB licence. Now I really must think thrice about engaging him cos I am asking him to do my kitchen cabinets as well..... He did do some minor capentry work for me and I love the work of his capenter, Ah Ping, that's why I went back to him for a quote this time round.

I'd really suggest getting another quote from another ID to compare. The other ID that I wanted to go with could only complete the reno at end Mar so I went with eddie (2nd choice) because what could go wrong, right? :jawdrop:

i didn't know he isn't a HDB approved contractor! my new kitchen cabinet done by ah ping is quite good i have no qualms about that. after all, ah ping gets the dimensions from eddie and does the carpentry work. it's the whole "why are we still talking about dimensions now (sunday evening) when you were supposed to deliver by last wednesday" bit that's infuriating.

I'd really suggest getting another quote from another ID to compare. The other ID that I wanted to go with could only complete the reno at end Mar so I went with eddie (2nd choice) because what could go wrong, right? :jawdrop:

i didn't know he isn't a HDB approved contractor! my new kitchen cabinet done by ah ping is quite good i have no qualms about that. after all, ah ping gets the dimensions from eddie and does the carpentry work. it's the whole "why are we still talking about dimensions now (sunday evening) when you were supposed to deliver by last wednesday" bit that's infuriating.

You are right that Eddie takes the measurements and pass it on to Ah Ping. De Marque Espace Design does renovation for condos so don't need HDB licence. According to Eddie, they hardly do HDB, that's why they don't need HDB licence. I do love Ah Ping's work, his finishing quite good but can I take a risk and end up with more problems? Hm... maybe by pass Eddie then go to Ah Ping directly? LOL!

You are right that Eddie takes the measurements and pass it on to Ah Ping. De Marque Espace Design does renovation for condos so don't need HDB licence. According to Eddie, they hardly do HDB, that's why they don't need HDB licence. I do love Ah Ping's work, his finishing quite good but can I take a risk and end up with more problems? Hm... maybe by pass Eddie then go to Ah Ping directly? LOL!

My renovation was finally "finished" last week. Mostly because it's just too painful to watch both of them messed around with my kitchen cabinet doors that I decided to just live with the shoddy quality and get them out of the house.

The cabinet doors were not level so when I stood in front of the 2 doors i could see 1 was lower than the other. And the gap between the 2 doors was a little too big that insects could crawl in. I called both of them to fix this.

Ah peng came, used a power drill to adjust the door and broke the Blum hinge. :dunno: I had to go to Blum personally to exchange/buy a new one because both of them wouldn't go down to Blum to exchange/buy a new one.

With the new hinge both of them came back to the unit again to fix the issue. Ah peng did not measure and just powerdrilled the hinge to the door and cabinet again. This time the whole door was crooked!!!!! Instead of fixing it, he said it was a hinge issue. He unscrewed the hinge and drilled it in again. ALL WITHOUT MEASUREMENT.

It was all trial and error.

Then he removed the hinge from the other door that was level and working perfectly just so that he could compare the 2 hinges!

It was so painful to watch them DESTROY my cabinet with all his trial and error style of carpentry work because "the Blum hinge was faulty". He then proceeded to use one of his generic hinge. Now that particular side of the door does not have soft closing.

I was too mad and decided that I could live with 1 door that does not have soft closing, simply because I couldnt stand them destroying my door because the carpenter didnt want to measure the door and hinge.

There is no way I will EVER recommend De Marque Espace to anyone at all. The quality of work is simply appalling.

My renovation was finally "finished" last week. Mostly because it's just too painful to watch both of them messed around with my kitchen cabinet doors that I decided to just live with the shoddy quality and get them out of the house.

The cabinet doors were not level so when I stood in front of the 2 doors i could see 1 was lower than the other. And the gap between the 2 doors was a little too big that insects could crawl in. I called both of them to fix this.

Ah peng came, used a power drill to adjust the door and broke the Blum hinge. :dunno: I had to go to Blum personally to exchange/buy a new one because both of them wouldn't go down to Blum to exchange/buy a new one.

With the new hinge both of them came back to the unit again to fix the issue. Ah peng did not measure and just powerdrilled the hinge to the door and cabinet again. This time the whole door was crooked!!!!! Instead of fixing it, he said it was a hinge issue. He unscrewed the hinge and drilled it in again. ALL WITHOUT MEASUREMENT.

It was all trial and error.

Then he removed the hinge from the other door that was level and working perfectly just so that he could compare the 2 hinges!

It was so painful to watch them DESTROY my cabinet with all his trial and error style of carpentry work because "the Blum hinge was faulty". He then proceeded to use one of his generic hinge. Now that particular side of the door does not have soft closing.

I was too mad and decided that I could live with 1 door that does not have soft closing, simply because I couldnt stand them destroying my door because the carpenter didnt want to measure the door and hinge.

There is no way I will EVER recommend De Marque Espace to anyone at all. The quality of work is simply appalling.

Hi Holaz

Thanks for taking the time to update me. I really appreciate it. I have asked from other quotations from other IDs. I will definitely not use De Marque. I feel your heart pain and sorry you had to go through all this kind of shoddy work. Hope you get some discount from Eddie.

Anyone has engaged De Marque Espace Design as your ID. I have spoken to De Marque and need some feedback (both positive and negative) before deciding on whether to engage them. Thank you

Agree with Misty. Never ever engage De Marque Espace Design. Don't be taken in by their sincere attitude in the first meeting. They have bad workmanship, bad project management, bad following up. After they get your full payment, they never turn up to fix your problem.