Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi Mapleleaf,

I was just going through my photos collection and I realised that I still have some photos of Blk79 in 2004 when the construction site was still bare! I also have the photos of the mock-up model that was displayed at the HDB Hub at that time. Looking at the model, it struck me on how accurate the real thing is compared to the model. Now I know that there will be a badminton court beside Blk A and the structure with glass panel behind Blk79B next to the rear carpark exit will be known as the People's Plaza!

I really hope that your data can be recovered eventually...but in anycase, you are most welcome to share my photos...so not all is lost!

Haha Thanks! I feel so much better.

Yeaaah, I remember the old Blk 79. Many banks and there used to be huge space infront of the block. The curve of old Blk 79 resembles the curve of this new one (the portion painted yellow). Never thought I will be staying there one day. Let me go dig up my childhood pictures. hahaha

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Haha Thanks! I feel so much better.

Yeaaah, I remember the old Blk 79. Many banks and there used to be huge space infront of the block. The curve of old Blk 79 resembles the curve of this new one (the portion painted yellow). Never thought I will be staying there one day. Let me go dig up my childhood pictures. hahaha

Here are some photos to jolt your memory! Photos taken on 10 July 2004. Construction of Blk79 just started!

th_Image041.jpg

th_Image039.jpg

Hi all,

Another new neighbour here at Blk D...... :D

Had yet to confirm on the ID......headache...

I've also shortlisted Alex from Summit....

Can I confirm that Substance is the ID shop opp our Blk at TP?

Tinking of getting a quote from them too....

Hi all,

Another new neighbour here at Blk D...... :yamseng:

Had yet to confirm on the ID......headache...

I've also shortlisted Alex from Summit....

Can I confirm that Substance is the ID shop opp our Blk at TP?

Tinking of getting a quote from them too....

Welcome to the neighbourhood!

Alister is with Alex, you may like to check with him on his expereince with Summit :good:

A few of us here are with Substance, it is indeed the shop across Blk79. If get a quote from them you'll probably be invited to our houses to have a look as well :) Welcome!

Welcome to the neighbourhood!

Alister is with Alex, you may like to check with him on his expereince with Summit :yamseng:

A few of us here are with Substance, it is indeed the shop across Blk79. If get a quote from them you'll probably be invited to our houses to have a look as well :good: Welcome!

Lol! Indeed..and depends on which ID u bump into. Most likely Leonard..cos he's always there. Hee~

I copied this from Ridz @ Singaporebrides. Write up for those looking for washing machines.

I am looking at - Bosch 20260, Electrolux EWF984, Brandt WFH08771A

There are 2 types of washing techniques.

1) Continental style

2) Asian style washing.

In continental washing the clothes drum turns up and down and tumbles clothes.

In asian style the drum turn round and round, left to right.

Then there is 2 types of loading : top loading & front loading

So for top loading, the door opens from the top and u put in clothes from the top. For front loading, the clothes are loaded from the front.

There are 3 types of washer in the market.

1) Front load continental style washing. (frequently known as front loaders)

2) Top loader asian style washing

(typical of the japanese brand like hitachi, toshiba where clothes drop from the top and washing takes place around left to right drum action. also mostly known as top loaders)

3) Continental top load. The drum moves up and down similar to that of the front load washers.. but the door open from the top.

Loading from the front can be a bit stressful for ageing people, so top loading is most preferred. The continental style of washing can also have a top loading for this convenience plus also continental top load are typically smaller than front load continental.

2 brands that are champion in this area thomson and brandt

I will compare the most common comparison which is the Continental washer vs Asian washer.

Continental washer.

1) uses very little water

2) can wash at variable temperature as it has built in heater

3) has higher spin speed

4) has more speciality programmes such as silk

5) clothes do not tangle

6) clothes do not disintegrate fast as the drum action is very gentle on the fabric but tough on stains

7) clothes come out very very very clean

8 ) needs no use of the laundry bag.

CONS

1) continental washing takes up a long time to wash.

2) if you start washing probably you cannot add anymore cltohes.

3) typically costs a lot more than asian machines

Asian washer

1) Is very cheap way cheaper than continental

2) duration to wash is shorter

Cons

1) uses a lot of water

2) cannot wash at variable temperature

3) clothes can get tangled and causes fobres to break hence clothes becomes spoiled

4)spin speed usually not that very fast as continental

5) do nbot have a lot of specialty programmes like silk, stretch etc.

6) action is rough and typicall undergarments and underwear have to be placed inside a laundry bag to protect it.

which idea should you buy depends a lot of your preference and also importantly Budget.

Asian washer can cost like around 300 or so up to the most is like 600 to get top end... continental style washers.. typically starts aroumnd 800 - several thousands.. up to 6k?

Where will the sale be held?? I wanna go leh.

The Rinnai hob & hood sales at Citygas showroom ground floor (PUB - beside Somerset MRT)

hi guys,

do you have any good and fast contractors to recommend? we just want to do the flooring when we are back for a week. how much does it cost for 90sq m?

thanks,

eric

hi Happy!, my ID did a fast and rather good job for me! hehe!

congrat congrat!!!! now u can join the renovating and buying things process liao... :good:

Hihi Chrispy...have u got your key yet? U found any ID?

:rolleyes:

Hihi Chrispy...have u got your key yet? U found any ID?

:rolleyes:

hi Lwenn yup alrdy got my keys... ID i have decided to engage from ciseern id Gina (she is the lady boss) nice to work with, her ideas and design really different others. find quite a few ID all very competitive and nice but in the end we choose ciseern cuz i and ebing really love the design. but abit over budget liao... haha... :)

*for those finding samsung tv ytd nite been to bishan best denki talk to a salesman now they are offering model LA40R81BX they offering $2999 free one 26" LCD tv LA26R71BAX +5yrs warranty. !! think the salesman think we are quite serious in buying he throw in 1 more free gift P.cardin laguage bag or a folderable bicycle. haha... and tell us to pay by OUB credit card to enjoy 2 % discount and be their member for free to get another 3%... so tempted to buy at tat moment

another model LA37R81BX $2099 free a player and a slimfit tv or a samsung HTS or washing machine or 250 vocher + 5yrs warranty think samsung free goodies really good.

hi shay_d think if suay suay ur tv got dead pixel u can really reject ytd check with them they say ok. so no fear liao... haha... :good:

heard alister say tat a IT show is coming at end of the month mayb want to wait for awhile to do the purchase.

now headache thingy is we still duno wat washing machine to buy... !!

I got my tv from Best Denki (Ngee Ann City) last monday (5 Nov). Yup $2,099 including 5 yr warranty. I remember seeing it at $2,199 last month too. So it pays to wait.

They were having a weekend (3rd-4th Nov) promotion and even though i missed it they still offered the same price to me. :P

They always have promotions so if the rest of u can wait, pls wait and keep a look out.

Try to go to Best Denki at Ngee Ann City, i feel that they're more up to date.

I went to Best Denki at Bishan and they were telling me abt the free gifts from samsung were either the HTS or the Tv+DVD player. but over at Ngee Ann City, they said still got the option of washing machine or robinsons voucher. And this is the updated list of free gifts.

i went best denki at bishan ytd... they also have washing machine n robinson vouchers liao...

hi Lwenn yup alrdy got my keys... ID i have decided to engage from ciseern id Gina (she is the lady boss) nice to work with, her ideas and design really different others. find quite a few ID all very competitive and nice but in the end we choose ciseern cuz i and ebing really love the design. but abit over budget liao... haha... :yamseng:

*for those finding samsung tv ytd nite been to bishan best denki talk to a salesman now they are offering model LA40R81BX they offering $2999 free one 26" LCD tv LA26R71BAX +5yrs warranty. :lol: think the salesman think we are quite serious in buying he throw in 1 more free gift P.cardin laguage bag or a folderable bicycle. haha... and tell us to pay by OUB credit card to enjoy 2 % discount and be their member for free to get another 3%... so tempted to buy at tat moment

another model LA37R81BX $2099 free a player and a slimfit tv or a samsung HTS or washing machine or 250 vocher + 5yrs warranty think samsung free goodies really good.

hi shay_d think if suay suay ur tv got dead pixel u can really reject ytd check with them they say ok. so no fear liao... haha... :P

heard alister say tat a IT show is coming at end of the month mayb want to wait for awhile to do the purchase.

now headache thingy is we still duno wat washing machine to buy... :)

the luggage bag or foldable bicycle is best denki's promo..must buy 40R81 then have. the current promo seems good leh. must ask shay_d if they'll return in voucher since their price has dropped. remembered something abt lower price value guarantee...dunno if they'll give voucher or something since we bought @ $100 more...moreover samsung's promo on the HTS still ongoing...hehe!

chrispy, do u have the 3D design to kpkp? hehe! :lol:

Edited by ms_white

Ms White, I remember you posting a thread on the pricing for Ariston heater but I just cannot find it. Is it at S$210? Sorry ya.

oh...it's not posted by me but by Alister. He called up 3 different shops to check the price for Joven, not Ariston. Joven provides 10yr wty and its internal drum is anti-rust, unlike Ariston.

Copied from Page 71:

Universal Union @ Geylang Lor 44 - $230 w/o GST & w/o delivery

Poh Joo @ Jalan Besar - $215 w GST, w/o delivery

Indulge @ Belastair - $240 w GST & delivery

eventually we purchased from Indulge as Alister purchased his bathroom acc from them too.

it includes delivery and it's only slightly more than Poh Joo. :)

by the way, Alister & dino...went down to *spam @ abt 8.30pm and it's closed... :P

i'll probably drop by again tmr.

dino, no news from shay_d's boss yet. will inform u when given.

Edited by ms_white

the luggage bag or foldable bicycle is best denki's promo..must buy 40R81 then have. the current promo seems good leh. must ask shay_d if they'll return in voucher since their price has dropped. remembered something abt lower price value guarantee...dunno if they'll give voucher or something since we bought @ $100 more...moreover samsung's promo on the HTS still ongoing...hehe!

chrispy, do u have the 3D design to kpkp? hehe! :notti:

Personal reason dun think will post the 3D here... :) but sure will open doors for u when i do my house warming... u must also invite me to urs k.... :yamseng:

samsung lcd tv goodies really made ppl... :dribble:

need help... :):help::help:

what should i look for for running of electrical wiring & points? :dribble:

chrispy, no problem! keeping ur design secret for all of us to be surprised eh! :notti: will look forward to it~! :yamseng:

when r u starting ur reno?