Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Dear all,

My suggestion is not to rush into investment or insurance for this purpose, check with the back for a short term FD eg. 3 to 6 months renewable, open a CPF IS account with the bank and transfer the fund to FD, there should be some bank can do it. You will not lose much interest on this and the purpose is to cushion for emergencies. Check it out.

After HDB transation completed, closed the FD and put back the fund to CPF then decided what to do with the fund. Additional information is that wef 31 Dec 2007, first $20k from OA will be lock for any CPF IS, so if you think you need to set aside some CPF money for emergencies, please do it before 31 Dec 2007.

If you need further information, you may e-mail to tpcrc2@gmail.com

Regards

Like what alister say, but never rush into investment or insurance because of this reason, look for bank FD than decide later.

:dancingqueen:

Hmm...

Are you now giving advice in the capacity of a RC chairperson promoting social bonding or a govt person teaching us ways of self survival? Or a financial advisor trying to get business? :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
ya, nett price. dun :yamseng: lah...try to bargain for more things from ID lor. ;)

hey... wher r u installing ur storage tank?? at the kitchen or?? I'll placing mine at the common toilet... hehe... so happy that i can be done coz it's an awful sight to have a big tank at my kitchen entrance...

u went on @ Liang court to buy ur mattress?? haha... i went there lst week too... almost bought the imperial mattress but find it beyond my budget... end up i bought mine at woodlands civil plaza... but not sealy brand one lah...

u using a electrolux front loading right?? how many kg?? u have the measurments?? still thinking what to buy for washer... sigh... need to inform my ID by mon coz they're starting work on tue le... wuhaha... so happy... :notti: finally can start my reno liao... have always envy u ppl who collected keys n start reno early... i can now join in the "fun" le! :good:

hey... wher r u installing ur storage tank?? at the kitchen or?? I'll placing mine at the common toilet... hehe... so happy that i can be done coz it's an awful sight to have a big tank at my kitchen entrance...

u went on @ Liang court to buy ur mattress?? haha... i went there lst week too... almost bought the imperial mattress but find it beyond my budget... end up i bought mine at woodlands civil plaza... but not sealy brand one lah...

u using a electrolux front loading right?? how many kg?? u have the measurments?? still thinking what to buy for washer... sigh... need to inform my ID by mon coz they're starting work on tue le... wuhaha... so happy... :notti: finally can start my reno liao... have always envy u ppl who collected keys n start reno early... i can now join in the "fun" le! :good:

finally can start work!! :yamseng: must bring us up to view k. hehe!

alister checked with his ID and was advised the pipings have to be rerun if it's installed in toilet. the existing pipings are already done by hdb. so we'll still install in the kitchen. anyway, toilet has a lot of moisture which will speed up the rust on the external metal casing. ur ID rerun FOC?

ya, imperial too exp. $2199...shiong! which dining/chair did u purchase from them and how much? we're also looking at the dining.

have not purchased but will likely get electrolux 5.5kg front load. if u're doing the base, 2ft x 2ft will suffice. electrolux size pretty standard, unlike top load.

finally can start work!! :notti: must bring us up to view k. hehe!

alister checked with his ID and was advised the pipings have to be rerun if it's installed in toilet. the existing pipings are already done by hdb. so we'll still install in the kitchen. anyway, toilet has a lot of moisture which will speed up the rust on the external metal casing. ur ID rerun FOC?

ya, imperial too exp. $2199...shiong! which dining/chair did u purchase from them and how much? we're also looking at the dining.

have not purchased but will likely get electrolux 5.5kg front load. if u're doing the base, 2ft x 2ft will suffice. electrolux size pretty standard, unlike top load.

ya think need to rerun tats y they say got extra cost not FOC... :yamseng: but we also havent decided yet... we also nv think of the rusty prob... haha~

dinning table & the chair the model no. i dun have it rite now...(at home)

the pattern is like transparent glass with black colour flower pattern is FOC frm my ID... ;)

we will only be free think during the weekend sure... if can we go see see look look each others home. hehe... :good:

Yes, Atco is the brandname of the ballast. I heard Christine & May also good (germany). Not sure if spell correctly. As for the downlights, nowadays all come from china or taiwan.

Wow. u are a very BIG kid leh. :good:

Scarely, next time must lock & bolt my bedroom doors. How did u managed to spy on us. Scully we "doing" things how :notti: ? No privacy oredie.

Now switching to queen size bed after some discussion (actually due to budget constrains) :yamseng:

Hi Alister,

Thanks for the info. I dropped by at Arcade this evening and the downlight prices were indeed one of the cheapest atound after scouting in Balestier, Jalan Besar and Geylang. Currently considering their offer and Lightings House (opposite Lightings Arcade) offer.

ya think need to rerun tats y they say got extra cost not FOC... :yamseng: but we also havent decided yet... we also nv think of the rusty prob... haha~

dinning table & the chair the model no. i dun have it rite now...(at home)

the pattern is like transparent glass with black colour flower pattern is FOC frm my ID... :P

we will only be free think during the weekend sure... if can we go see see look look each others home. hehe... :good:

i think i know which table u're talking abt liao. either it's the same as strawberry_pear's (stainless steel legs) or wooden legs. that's like the most beautiful dining they have liao. LOL!:notti:

ya, we're also mostly free on weekends and it's also the only time where we'll get "free light" from the sun! hahaha! :P but will go up almost every weekday evenings to check & monitor the progress. it's our responsibility as stated by HDB... ;)

Hmm...

Are you now giving advice in the capacity of a RC chairperson promoting social bonding or a govt person teaching us ways of self survival? Or a financial advisor trying to get business? :yamseng:

Hi,

The RC objective is to promote social & community bonding, we share information and problem solving, this is just a suggestion as a goodwill for those who think they need to do some arrangement, the choice is on individual.

FI.

AVIVA do have some products that help.

Ms white & shay, thanks for allowing me into your unit today... Really pai seh to pop in without informing. But the 3 aunties hor, i dunno who are they...

Ms white & shay, thanks for allowing me into your unit today... Really pai seh to pop in without informing. But the 3 aunties hor, i dunno who are they...

no problem, it was a pleasant surprise! :unsure:

hahaha!! initially, i thought they were with you or with your mum. scarlly when u said u were leaving, they lingered and started making queries... :unsure: but they were quite cool lah...and they were quite keen in my ID (for his design or appearance...i dunno lah...LOL!!)

i think i know which table u're talking abt liao. either it's the same as strawberry_pear's (stainless steel legs) or wooden legs. that's like the most beautiful dining they have liao. LOL!:unsure:

ya, we're also mostly free on weekends and it's also the only time where we'll get "free light" from the sun! hahaha! :good: but will go up almost every weekday evenings to check & monitor the progress. it's our responsibility as stated by HDB... :unsure:

is it strawberry_pear also buy frm there... :) mine is the stainless steel legs... dun quite like the corner of the table quite sharp. "not child-friendly" got lah they got quite a few nice table.we also eyeing 1 coffee table but still havent decided yet. 26th nov bai jia le home decor survivor think they are going to use their dinning table for the show heard frm 1 of the staff there. 8|

no problem, it was a pleasant surprise! :)

hahaha!! initially, i thought they were with you or with your mum. scarlly when u said u were leaving, they lingered and started making queries... :good: but they were quite cool lah...and they were quite keen in my ID (for his design or appearance...i dunno lah...LOL!!)

They came in from 6th floor and followed us to your unit. Tat's y i was reluctant to go in initially than u asked us in so i tot if i dun go in than never give u face no so nice.. 8|:unsure: Just kidding la :unsure:

Hi Alister,

Thanks for the info. I dropped by at Arcade this evening and the downlight prices were indeed one of the cheapest atound after scouting in Balestier, Jalan Besar and Geylang. Currently considering their offer and Lightings House (opposite Lightings Arcade) offer.

Were u served by Jane at Lights Arcade ? I found her service good and we heard her service is better than Andrew (boss). I called her up today to let her know someone from TPY will be dropping by. Hopefully she gave u a very good price.

Here's a thread on them http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/...html?1121356905

Edited by alister

is it strawberry_pear also buy frm there... :) mine is the stainless steel legs... dun quite like the corner of the table quite sharp. "not child-friendly" got lah they got quite a few nice table.we also eyeing 1 coffee table but still havent decided yet. 26th nov bai jia le home decor survivor think they are going to use their dinning table for the show heard frm 1 of the staff there. :good:

yup, then confirmed it's the same liao. hers has already been delivered. good choice! :) stainless steel legs look better than the other. erm...if you want "child friendly", round table? it's very difficult to have everything "child friendly" cos...it's very hard to explain lah! :) their coffee table not bad too...but we were looking for one that's slimmer...the design we like is rather broad.

They came in from 6th floor and followed us to your unit. Tat's y i was reluctant to go in initially than u asked us in so i tot if i dun go in than never give u face no so nice.. 8|:unsure: Just kidding la :unsure:

oh, aiyah! it's very weird to see all the heads poking in but nobody's coming in. hahaha! also, paiseh couldn't really talk to you cos was in a discussion with ID. btw, ur mum and u look quite alike. :) when's ur reno starting?

Edited by ms_white

Dear Blk 79 neighbours!

Its been some time since I last posted sthg. Been so bz juggling work, reno, shopping for hse etc :unsure: But I'm happy to announce that my reno is officially starting this Tues! I've already chosen my tiles and they are in the hse now.

Other than getting caught up with Reno, been bz shopping for our new hse. Went to OM @ Liang Court as well and we decided to get all our furniture from there..haha! Looks like I have the same dining table (and probably chairs!) with strawberry_pear and josephine. But its really pretty and they have a matching coffee table (UNO).Thumbs up to Michael for his excellent customer service :good: I nearly wanted to buy the mattress fm him but after much consideration, still preferred the Sealy Royal Monarch. The lady said that its the same mattress used in Four Seasons Hotel! All I can say is SHIOK! 8|

Also bought my fridge, TV, Washer & Dryer from Harvey Norman. I went to check out the prices frm neighbourhd shops such as Aik Leong and told Harvey Norman to match the price. They gave me even lower!! Heard from my fren they have this 'meet your lowest price' policy and its true :) Furthermore, they are an established company, dont c them closing down in the coming years.. unlike the neighbourhd shops.

I'm now left with shoping for bathrm accessories, lights, my oven, hob and hood. Went to Asia Excel@IMM and was served by Maverick. V patient guy..will most prob get my stuff frm him unless Teka sale comes soon :) Will be heading down to Balestier to get my sanitary ware and bathrm accessories :unsure:

Were u served by Jane at Lights Arcade ? I found her service good and we heard her service is better than Andrew (boss). I called her up today to let her know someone from TPY will be dropping by. Hopefully she gave u a very good price.

Here's a thread on them http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/...html?1121356905

Hi Alister,

thanks for the update. We were served by Jen. Will update you again :unsure: