Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi There!

Haven't been contributing to this forum for a long while.... So sorry. Hope you all didn't forget me... Hee... :~

These few weeks been busy with my wedding preparations & shopping. Finally took our wedding photos last Sunday and lucky to capture the sunset before the heavy downpour. !! :notti::notti:

Thanks Gadgetman & S_Pear's hubby for allowing us to pop-in to update on your reno progress.

And thanks Alister & wife for sharing ideas on getting the different types of lights and which shop to go for good bargains.

Here's a little update on my reno progress:

We have recently done with our tiles laying, walls hacking, aircon piping installation, and cement screeding. Next step is to do laminate flooring, electricity, plumbing, painting, glass works, aircon installation, carpentry, and finally the wall papers! :~

Hope all is good and well for all of you too.

Yesterday I had an car accident along PIE on my way to work.... Suay my tyres brakes failed on me. Luckily was travelling at 65km on the wet slippery morning. Ended up kissing the car's backside in front of me when the driver jam brake for a chain collision on front of her. She's a very nice lady but I ended up paying her $285 for her bumper respraying & re-knocking. Heartpain as I ended up paying not only for her damages, but also my car damage is $600. Definitely not during this time when money is spent a lot on reno & wedding. Sigh~~~

Glad that both she & her baby is ok (baby was sleeping in the backseat), luckily her car is a 7-sitter and my car didn't bang too hard onto it.

Later on I got to know that she's actually an artist and has her own website gallery. I remember somewhere in this thread that some of you said might be interested to get some paintings. Why not visit her website? She got nice paintings there.

Here's the weblink for you: www.artzhouse.com

By the way, for those going to Sitex tmr onwards (I will be going either Fri or weekends coz my car in workshop now), I'm thinking if anyone wants to post here your items that you intending to get but want to know the pricing.

I try to ask for you if it's within my means. Guess it will be crowded as usual. :good::~:~ TV, or electronic items also can post. Besides checking out on the TVs & Home Theatre System, I'll probably check out on the external HDD and printers.

Please post in the following sample format:

Eg. <your username> - <what kind of item> - <brand> <model>

1. almonddust - LCD TV - LG 32LB9R1

Hi almonddust,

Thanks for giving us a lift home. So sorry to hear abt ur accident. Nevermind abt the money, it can be earned back. Juz work harder lor.

U then "li hai', accident still can make friends with the car owner. Still help her to promote her site. Shld ask her for discount next time.

I will be going to Sitex tomorrow evening, if I see anything gd, I will highlight here.

So hv u bought ur lights yet ?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi

Thks for all the replies on my hacking of kitchen floor questions...

HDB really practise double standard....anyway see what they have to say when I take my keys...

DBSS sounds good...and that plot of land is quite big too...

But I still feel ours is better cos nearer to MRT... !!

Hi fellow blk 79iners

Just chanced upon this site today, and is so glad to see fellow future neighbours discussing their reno plans and such here. I've just collected my keys last week, and is looking around for a good ID. Rather late to start, isn't it, cos I think most people will engage one even before they collect their keys. Kind of worried now...

Hi fellow blk 79iners

Just chanced upon this site today, and is so glad to see fellow future neighbours discussing their reno plans and such here. I've just collected my keys last week, and is looking around for a good ID. Rather late to start, isn't it, cos I think most people will engage one even before they collect their keys. Kind of worried now...

Welcome on board MiuMiu!

Which block are you is yours? Me is Blk 79B and am still waiting for my keys.... waited until neck like giraffe oredi...

Btw, I have been to some IDs and have shortlisted 2 IDs whose designs are good and prompt in their replies.... If you wan the contacts, please PM me... :dunno:

Welcome on board MiuMiu!

Which block are you is yours? Me is Blk 79B and am still waiting for my keys.... waited until neck like giraffe oredi...

Btw, I have been to some IDs and have shortlisted 2 IDs whose designs are good and prompt in their replies.... If you wan the contacts, please PM me... :)

Hi mickey, be a kind soul n PM me their contacts? thanks :)

Hi all

Juz came back from SITEX @ expo. Didn't get anything. The pricing is abt the same as those mega shops.

Eg Audio hse selling Samsung LA37R81BX @ $1999. If cash & carry $1899

Harvey Norman Panasonic TX-37LX75M @ $1799 (free $500 NTUC/Taka voucher + 5 yrs warranty)

But there is hourly attractive special pricing if u are not interested in free gifts. So remember to wait for hourly special instead of buying direct from booth.

eg Samsung LA40R81BX @ $1999 (free DVD player)

Samsung LA40N81BX Full HD @ $2399 (no free gift)

LG 37LC7R @ $1599 (no free gift)

If any of u sees Samsung LA37R81BX @ $1499 (w/o free gift), pls let me know. I guess I might have missed it earlier.

Edited by alister

Hi all

Juz came back from SITEX @ expo. Didn't get anything. The pricing is abt the same as those mega shops.

Eg Audio hse selling Samsung LA37R81BX @ $1999. If cash & carry $1899

Harvey Norman Panasonic TX-37LX75M @ $1799 (free $500 NTUC/Taka voucher + 5 yrs warranty)

But there is hourly attractive special pricing if u are not interested in free gifts. So remember to wait for hourly special instead of buying direct from booth.

eg Samsung LA40R81BX @ $1999 (free DVD player)

Samsung LA40N81BX Full HD @ $2399 (no free gift)

LG 37LC7R @ $1599 (no free gift)

If any of u sees Samsung LA37R81BX @ $1499 (w/o free gift), pls let me know. I guess I might have missed it earlier.

$1499?;)! OMG!! :dribble: *faint* ok, i must close my eyes when i read anything abt 37R81 from now on!! must console myself with the "FREE GIFT" and additional "2 YRS WARRANTY"... *heartache* :good:

$1499?;)! OMG!! :dribble: *faint* ok, i must close my eyes when i read anything abt 37R81 from now on!! must console myself with the "FREE GIFT" and additional "2 YRS WARRANTY"... *heartache* :good:

hi Ms White

Dun faint lah. Wait ur hubby blame me. I juz dreaming for this price during hourly special lah. But if anyone see it, must let me know. I will rush down by hook or by crook.

Almonddust, pls sms me if u see such deal tomorrow.

Thanks

"I juz dreaming for this price during hourly special lah. But if anyone see it, must let me know. I will rush down by hook or by crook." -->you're not helping!;) argh!:dribble: *strangle shay_d* :good:

"I juz dreaming for this price during hourly special lah. But if anyone see it, must let me know. I will rush down by hook or by crook." -->you're not helping!:thumbs up: argh!:dunno: *strangle shay_d* :P

hi ms white n alister..

Hv u guys gotten yr elctrial items?? me still nt yet leh. hv u been to evershine for a quote at all?? Ms white,i jus realise u change the model of fridge, hitachi ya?? is the model design good in terms of its size verses the price?? sori for replying yr sms late.... the restaurant is v noisy n i miz e sms

Edited by dino

hi ms white n alister..

i jus realise u change the model of fridge, hitachi ya?? is the model design good in terms of its size verses the price?? sori for replying yr sms late.... the restaurant is v noisy n i miz e sms

hi dino, no worries. i was with ebing and chrispy when i sms u. wanted to see ur false ceiling. is it done?

yup, we're looking at hitachi. price wise, it's actually more expensive than panasonic but believe it's better. as advised, panasonic 402V is very sellable cos it's "inverter". lady boss of a shop showed us the electricity consumption and compared to a non-inverter fridge of another brand of the same capacity, the non-inverter fridge is using lower consumption. but how it really works, must check lah. hahaha!

anyway, pansonic is using recycled plastic for its internal shelves which leaves a strong odour and will affect all your food for at least 6mth. the fridge that we see on display at all major selling stores have been opened & closed many many times, therefore we can't smell it. when the lady boss opened a newly arrived unit, the smell is terrible. she brought this up cos she received a complain as her cust thought that they gave her a used fridge...until they checked and found out the real reason behind it.

hi dino, no worries. i was with ebing and chrispy when i sms u. wanted to see ur false ceiling. is it done?

yup, we're looking at hitachi. price wise, it's actually more expensive than panasonic but believe it's better. as advised, panasonic 402V is very sellable cos it's "inverter". lady boss of a shop showed us the electricity consumption and compared to a non-inverter fridge of another brand of the same capacity, the non-inverter fridge is using lower consumption. but how it really works, must check lah. hahaha!

anyway, pansonic is using recycled plastic for its internal shelves which leaves a strong odour and will affect all your food for at least 6mth. the fridge that we see on display at all major selling stores have been opened & closed many many times, therefore we can't smell it. when the lady boss opened a newly arrived unit, the smell is terrible. she brought this up cos she received a complain as her cust thought that they gave her a used fridge...until they checked and found out the real reason behind it.

is it really tat bad in regds to e fridge?? btw my false ceiling 70% done when i left at ard 5 pm.. mine ceiling nthg interesting no cove n all downlight jus a little L box lor.. well can drop by if u free.

is it really tat bad in regds to e fridge?? btw my false ceiling 70% done when i left at ard 5 pm.. mine ceiling nthg interesting no cove n all downlight jus a little L box lor.. well can drop by if u free.

hmm..if the smell goes off, the fridge is fine. but shay_d and i have fallen in love with the hitachi fridge so our mind is set on that. no more changes...very tired liao. we haven't buy bathrm acc & lighting leh. wanna peng san already.