Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi sushibabe,

u got pm.

Hi Zincy,

if remember correctly it's a hex screw and the uncle welded it and then touch up.

Hi a-star,

when the uncle came, my aunt was around and told him she got for only $10 each.

so he agreed else i aso like u blur blur pd wat he asked.

anyway hv told him will recommend ppl to him if he maintain tis price and workmanship.

:yamseng:

Hi redcrystal,

My neighbour told me that there are 2 uncles. 1 is the older one and the other is mr lim. i got mine fixed at $15 each.. dunno got kanna carrot or not. :notti:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi redcrystal,

My neighbour told me that there are 2 uncles. 1 is the older one and the other is mr lim. i got mine fixed at $15 each.. dunno got kanna carrot or not. :bleah:

Hi droplets,

ah yah nvm lah since do it already.

from wat i know, initially it's was $20 per hinges so console yrself it's already $5 cheaper :notti:

you did all 9 hinges?

yeoman, liana79B, meowie49,

pm you liao.

something to share:

tis morning, no electricity in blk B.

initially thought my unit tripped but after checking no leh.

later found out from a guy juz go to services centre @ blk c and inform them.

within 5mins, ok liao.

Edited by REDCRYSTAL

Hi droplets,

ah yah nvm lah since do it already.

from wat i know, initially it's was $20 per hinges so console yrself it's already $5 cheaper :notti:

you did all 9 hinges?

yeoman, liana79B, meowie49,

pm you liao.

something to share:

tis morning, no electricity in blk B.

initially thought my unit tripped but after checking no leh.

later found out from a guy juz go to services centre @ blk c and inform them.

within 5mins, ok liao.

I change 6.... :bleah:

Someone said there would be many posts tonight... so I'll start. Thanks everyone who opened their doors to the house hopping party this afternoon. Good to meet all the neighbours!

PS will upload photos of my flat at my t-blog if anyone's interested.

Edited by 312079

Updates for today

Thank you neighbours for coming today.

Hope it was a good experience for all. I believe our legs were aching. =) but worth it.

learnt a few things today:

1) hollow tiles when hacked and replaced, will experience unevenness, a cut leg feeling.

(I will ask my tiler to do something about it.)

2) My slightly slanted Home shelter feature wall door.

(Sure have to change, I see 1 complete door with mirror not slanted, 3 other neighbours' door also not slanted.

so carpenter better don't 'smoke' me in believing that door is standard.

you should see how the carpenter try to convince me

he said he cant guarantee a perfectly straight door even if change to new one,

he even said if i can look for a contractor to can make a perfect door, he pay for me.

3 neighbours heard that.

is carpenter trying to tell me he has no skill? if i need to find the contact to get my door made, what is an ID for?

Anyway, carpenter agreed to change the door, so let it rest.)

My mirror door doesn't flush. carpenter told me cos I need that bulge area to do tic tac.

Also not true. I have seen perfectly flushed(Straight ones)

3) Kitchen workmanship is rather rough. My laminate joint lines is just too big until I can see the brown wood.

And it is not uniform.

ABS trimming isn't well done.

I should just ask my main ID to take a close look.

forgot to tell u that I have 2 ID. (The main ID is the one I signed the reno, the 2nd ID is his asst.

his asst was the one who was in charge of the carpentary part,

I was rather shocked that he didn't see that the workmanship isn't really tip top)

4) Laminated flooring. I realised my ID used a different type of skirting, not the straight kind but triangle kind.

As for the floaty feeling,I heard 2 sayings.

HDB floor not even,

weight of owner will balance the uneveness

5) Paint

Common.

Minor touch up needed.

Edited by tension_z

Updates for today

Thank you neighbours for coming today.

Hope it was a good experience for all. I believe our legs were aching. =) but worth it.

learnt a few things today:

1) hollow tiles when hacked and replaced, will experience unevenness, a cut leg feeling.

(I will ask my tiler to do something about it.)

2) My slightly slanted Home shelter feature wall door.

(Sure have to change, I see 1 complete door with mirror not slanted, 3 other neighbours' door also not slanted.

so carpenter better don't 'smoke' me in believing that door is standard.

you should see how the carpenter try to convince me

he said he cant guarantee a perfectly straight door even if change to new one,

he even said if i can look for a contractor to can make a perfect door, he pay for me.

3 neighbours heard that.

is carpenter trying to tell me he has no skill? if i need to find the contact to get my door made, what is an ID for?

Anyway, carpenter agreed to change the door, so let it rest.)

My mirror door doesn't flush. carpenter told me cos I need that bulge area to do tic tac.

Also not true. I have seen perfectly flushed(Straight ones)

3) Kitchen workmanship is rather rough. My laminate joint lines is just too big until I can see the brown wood.

And it is not uniform.

ABS trimming isn't well done.

I should just ask my main ID to take a close look.

forgot to tell u that I have 2 ID. (The main ID is the one I signed the reno, the 2nd ID is his asst.

his asst was the one who was in charge of the carpentary part,

I was rather shocked that he didn't see that the workmanship isn't really tip top)

4) Laminated flooring. I realised my ID used a different type of skirting, not the straight kind but triangle kind.

As for the floaty feeling,I heard 2 sayings.

HDB floor not even,

weight of owner will

Hi tension_z ,

Can I know who is ur ID or can you pm me.

Thanks in advance!

:dunno:

Allinthehead

haha.

nice stuff:-

1) PD doors are nice, practical.

HDB toilet doors like want to chop our leg or hit the shower screen.

2) Blum system is cool.

3) The large (12 feeeeeeeet) wardrobe is beautiful.

now then I know that the internal wardrobe can be black.

I must be such a noob to think that internal can only be brown and white.

Hi tension_z ,

Can I know who is ur ID or can you pm me.

Thanks in advance!

:dunno:

Allinthehead

hi, thanks for asking, but will prefer to keep ID identity as I still trust that he is doing his best to rectify.

Neighbours who came today also didn't know. =)

Will update this thread until I moved in.

Good things about ID

(Don't say I only say defects, I also praise for good works k)

Those who are doing home shelter feature wall,

the design must work well with the main door hinge.

(this part, my ID did well by measuring it in such a way that they won't knock against each other)

The aircon box up was nicely done.

space planning was moderately fine.

-workmanship is something that I scratch head-

----------------------------------------------------------

so neighbours, do u think I am fussy after today's visit?

and ya, did I miss out any defect, feel free to tell me,

discuss here also can, so that all of us can learn.

-------------------------------------------------------------

mr gadgetman, feel free to come and kpo =) PM u my contact and unit number already. c u.

can i see urs after the house hopping? Urs looked so swee in the sig.

envy envy =)

Pls come and see and advise on my reno.

can see that u r the lao da ge here.

haha..

hi gal gal, may i know how much is your reno cost? 4 rm or 5 rm? Thanks.

Hi tension_z,

mine is a 4 rm. Pls PM me for address if interested. There shd be someone there most of the time, since it is nearing end of renovation.

I am a fuss pot but I am really pleased with this contractor and workmanship. :dunno:

Another recommendation, since I was shopping for wardrobes. Check out the corner furniture shop at Toa Payoh Central (#01-118). I order PAX/COMPLEMENT wardrobes from IKEA with the 10% sale going on now, then I popped by this shop and they gave me a quote that is 30% cheaper! And the design is similar. Most importantly, they said they will give better wood (don't want my shelves to smile at me after 1 yr...). My dad said it is quite an established shop and he bought things from there before.

Edited by GalGal

Many thanks to Tension_z, Meowie49 and Liana79b for showing us their homes today!... missed out on some house-hopping midway as we had to rush back for some bathroom fitting works (so maybe can kpo Gadgetman & Bonkitty's house some other day??) :bangwall:

Nice meeting the rest of the 79er gang too; Gadgetman, 312079, Bonkitty, Alister & Rachel79! :notti:

Hi Tension_z,

I think you should talk to your ID to get him to rectify the unacceptable items. I believe the slanted door problem can be corrected, maybe the wood structure for the door was already warped when they installed it?? But I think more importantly is whether the door closes to a straight flush.

As for the hollow homo-tiles, die die must get them to replace for you. No ifs, no buts. I got my hollow tiles replaced as and when the workers were laying the tiles, so as to avoid a messy rectification later on (cos we went down kpo almost everyday!). But found a few cut-leg tiles in the rooms and got them to replace as well, after that no longer cut-leg. It all depends on how serious is the cut-leg problem and your acceptance level i believe. We also did not get the ID to rectify a few not-too-serious, minor cut-leg tiles in the rooms.

Did you check with your ID as to how he's going to rectify your kitchen cabinet ABS trimming? Has he taken a look at the finished product yet?

I think as long as the ID is willing to rectify the problems & defects to your satisfaction, all hiccups along the way we can forgive and forget... that's how I feel, cos there were also some hiccups for my reno along the way; miscommunication between ID and worker, delay in schedule, defects, etc. So I'll pester my ID almost every other day with questions, queries and requests.

I guess we tend to be more fussy cos it's our home mah! My wife is more fussy than me also mah! Some things I just close one eye loh. Don't worry too much, just talk to your main ID about your concerns and see what he proposes after that. End of the day, it also affects his ID Co's reputation. I'm sure you guys can come to some middle ground and finish the job on happy terms! :)

meepok

Hi hi,

really very happy to meet up with some of the forumers... :) thanks for showing your flat bonkitty... u have very nice neighbour... :notti: so lucky.... hee... hope to meet up again and know more forumers out there... :bangwall:

p/s thanks to tension for organizing this... :)

my main ID is now in reservist, i didn't really want to disturb him.

I will speak to the asst ID 1st, see what he says.

after walking to so many neighbours' house,

1) i must say that my ABS trimming (kitchen) is not well done.

2) wiw has a as big as 50ct patch in the internal side.

workmanship also soso. but gadgetman said his also something like that.

but others that i visited is far from that.

all in all, i think it is the carpenter's team workmanship cannot pass.

though it is nice of them to come and work today.

thay must be shocked that there are so many neighbours to see their workmanship.

Asst ID has a slight disagreement with my uncle a few times,

said that he is to fussy, I guess not.

My uncle has to even tell the carpenter what to do.

3) for cut leg tiles, I can only tell the tiler 1-2 weeks from now.

My uncle said can only test the new replaced tiles after this time period, any time earlier not accurate.

maybe I should just print this out and show my main ID.

save me the trouble to tell all over again. = /

Thanks meepok

can you share how much is the wardrobe and how many feet?

I am looking for one wardrobe for the common room.

The corner shop uncle quoted $700++ for sliding door wardrobe 250cm long x 60 cm deep x 200 cm height. About that.. he quoted more in feet and inches but I did the conversion to cm coz I am used to the metric system... Ikea charged me like $1200++ after 10% discount and I have to buy my own door handles.

Abt my renov. , it's bet $20K to 25K. Includes many things like bigger tiles, custom made wardrobes, bookshelf, TV console, false wall to hide bomb shelter and shoe rack. If u go for standard design shd be much cheaper. I actually asked them to help me make a few changes like a full wall mirror for the indented wall, bigger bathrm sink and cabinet and Zhi Seng was v flexible with my changes.