Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

y is the reason of rejecting the id?

u r not the fool la, this is just the beginning. do update us.

cheers ;)

how is ur experience with home interior? can PM me?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hey Dracula,

2nite my dinner was Chicken Chop Fried Rice + fries = $5.50

:good::jammin:

e place is at Blk 51 kopitiam lor 5 Toa Payoh, UNO Western Grill

How cum not in ur list? :P

Hi Jacky...i rem seeing UNO in makans*tra leh....its quite famous and was shown on some tv show before too

hana79, smsed u :)

hehehe... no problem.. i am also helping myself.. coz more ppl buy, more discount :D

Hi Meowie,

Tks4 ur sms on water filter... sorry din get to kpo house tdy cos meetin w contractor was longer than expected then, went w HB 2run errands & later shopped..

_________

Neighbours,

If u havent heard, AMK Courts havin (Re-)Opening Sale! :dancingqueen:

After lunch@ AMK tdy, me & HB decided to pop by but whilst rounding da corner of building, oredi see many (metal) barricades alongside it to da entrance. Guess there was a crowd there earlier! Many congratulatory floral arrangemts@ entrance & (wat-u-call-those)sale bins w bedsheet sets. I din look closely cos couple of aunties grabbing ... but I tink I saw bins priced@ $5, $9.90 ...

Tho I oredi bought a no. of household items, still feel like buying...house phone, standin fans, tv, cooker.. I saw a tv (not brand/size I'm after) tat's marked down fr $5,499 to $2,299 for Courts card member! I wan buy another bed frame but HB advised to move in 1st & assess how much (more!) space we got left (wet blanket, pour cold water only!)

If u got nothing much on tmr & need more furniture, can check it out. I asked staff who said AMK outlet renovated/converted into market hall/Mega Store concept ie. sell in bulk & more mega deals (yeah, today ppl queue 2pay, rather resembles "market style" w stacked up goods4 easy pick-up, aircon not tat cold..)

Cheers,

P/S - I no work4 Courts. I oso tink their hire purchase scheme.. :dunno:

But if u buy Expensive items, ask4 0% interest instalment payment schemes they hv w selected banks (I know many hv spent tons on reno & e hi inflation... spend wisely lor)

y is the reason of rejecting the id?

u r not the fool la, this is just the beginning. do update us.

cheers ;)

how is ur experience with home interior? can PM me?

Hi Tension!

Actually, before we decided on our current ID, we did a comparison. We even sat down with him and told him his quotes were rather high.. He gave us reasons which we discovered later that they were just a form of excuses. We found our current ID honest and straightfoward, who we feel more at ease with and his quotes were reasonable.

Note that the deposit was paid on our first visit to get the quotation from him. He sketch a few perspective drawing and quoted us the rates on the spot.

Maybe it was the pressure used - if we sign up today, he will include the freebies ...

Maybe it was the refundable deposit stated in black and white and he promise that the cash will definately be refundable ...

How naive we were!

We feel bad when we rejected him.. and wanted to give him a small angpow for helping us out.

But but.. now we feel so silly. Haiz...... :bangwall:

U've got mail on home Interior.. :)

Edited by ryuki

Hi Tension!

Actually, before we decided on our current ID, we did a comparison. We even sat down with him and told him his quotes were rather high.. He gave us reasons which we discovered later that they were just a form of excuses. We found our current ID honest and straightfoward, who we feel more at ease with and his quotes were reasonable.

We feel bad when we rejected him.. and wanted to give him a small angpow for helping us out.

But but.. now we feel so silly. Haiz...... :bangwall:

U've got mail on home Interior.. :)

Hi Ryuki,

(my pc acting up..dunno wat happened to my earlier reply but here goes again...)

If u hv B&W, at least got recourse/chance la but may tk time cos ur ID now playin cat & mouse game. But read & see if any conditions tat absolves ur ID of a full refund. Be mindful of any time frame for such refund.

Dun feel foolish, u oredi learnt & now even sharing w us. Jus press on (ur ID!)

For a start, email/write to ur ID co., citing contract & stating communication bet both parties todate. Tis oso serves as record/for future reference in event u nid2 tk any further action. Do it whilst fresh in ur mind & b4 u get busier.

All da Best!!

P/s - dun mind u PM me ur ID, for info only

Hi Ryuki,

(my pc acting up..dunno wat happened to my earlier reply but here goes again...)

If u hv B&W, at least got recourse/chance la but may tk time cos ur ID now playin cat & mouse game. But read & see if any conditions tat absolves ur ID of a full refund. Be mindful of any time frame for such refund.

Dun feel foolish, u oredi learnt & now even sharing w us. Jus press on (ur ID!)

For a start, email/write to ur ID co., citing contract & stating communication bet both parties todate. Tis oso serves as record/for future reference in event u nid2 tk any further action. Do it whilst fresh in ur mind & b4 u get busier.

All da Best!!

P/s - dun mind u PM me ur ID, for info only

Hi Ryuki

Just my 2cents, if black & white shows that the deposit is fully refundable, you can get the full refund. If they short changed you, i would think you can bring the case to small claims court to demand from the ID a full refund of your refundable deposit unless if you have consumed any services that are chargable, these will be deducted off the refundable deposit

:)

Edited by howlupjac

Hi Hana79, howlupjac,

Thanks for your advise.

Indeed, it was a painful lesson learnt. Not only was the money lost, we still get ourselves into the trouble and stress. Haiz..... 8|

There was a term in the contract tat states within 21days.

We rejected him on the 14th day and demanded for a refund.

Today is the 28th day. :(

We did not get a black and white from him for the cancellation. Not too sure if it will work if we sue him.. :dunno:

thanks ryuki for the reply.

the visit 2 weeks ago, my house was like ^$^#$%^@, i was rather sad.

but now it is about done. so...well..at least the waiting is ending soon.

along the way, ID (any firm) will give a lot of 'reasons' when they do things.

so are real, some are not. so we have to keep abreast of the info about reno.

I read ur PM, i have been to Home In***** before for a quotation as well, served by the same ID. he was quite soft spoken. before he can make his sales pitch,

a lady ID took over.

At first I was quite tempted to engage them, looking at the package that I think I may save alot. But the design on their portfolio were rather normal.

They did ask for the $100 design that I think is fair rather than those firm to ask for $500 or a $1000.

but drop them when I realised they are sales designer more than interior design.

ie did not know that supreme laminates has AC3 and AC5 grade and couldn't answer many of the reno common questions...

anyway, be mindful that along the way, ID's attitude may be not like the good angel you see before quotation.

if u have the time, be at ur site when works are in progress.

let me share some of my hiccups (all these can be prevented)

1) make sure the tiles that you selected is correct before laying.

( I have experience wrong model number, my tiles have no stock, hence delay,

after laying, found hollow tiles changed, then tiles no more stock. Hard to believe but it is like that)

2) Shop for your lights, toilet accessories, know the pricing inside out, then go with ur ID, if prices are too high from what you compared, them ID u will buy on ur own.

3) if u have a kitchen mixer, you should buy a storage heater that run hot water on the mixer. Instant heater is only for the shower, pls note the difference.

as for your $300 deposit, no point sueing the ID,

the sueing process and the $ involved may be more than ur $300.

Just sit at his office when you see potential customer,

shout out loud about ur problem. best if they have expo exhibition,

sit there and grumble to ur ID loud enough to alert other clients,

u will see ur $300 very soon.

before doing that, ask him y so much delay in refunding?

give a timeframe, not sure if case helps.

yesterday a neighbour who is also working in CASE came to my house.

perhaps you can ask him for some advice.

Cheers :)

3) if u have a kitchen mixer, you should buy a storage heater that run hot water on the mixer. Instant heater is only for the shower, pls note the difference.

Hi tension_z,

You are still can use the kitchen mixer to get hot water if you are using PUB gas instant heater. :)

Cheers

the thing is citygas didn't give me any instant gas heater(Signed up in Mar, heard that the free instant heater promo ended in Feb)

any idea?

Hi neighbours!

Just some updates .. :)

Have been really busy after the house hopping 2weeks back.

Went around to search for ID and finally confirm my ID. Cant wait for the renovation to start!! :)

Haiz......

But we are having some hiccups in getting our deposit back from our previous ID. We were promised a refundable deposit in black and white contract while we still deciding if we want to confirm him.

Today is the 3rd week since we have rejected this ID and ask for a refund.

Intially, he told us that it will take 1 week. We waited and nothing happened.

2nd week, called him and he told us he is going down to his main office to collect our cheque. No follow up after the call.

3rd week, (which is today) he told us to meet him at his office to collect the cheque at 7pm. Then called again to postpone to 8pm... Receive his call again at abt 8pm, told us he is willing to give us $1000 off the bill. We rejected and that was the last time we heard from him.

We waited till 11pm... still no sight or call. Tried call him few times, no reply and he even rejected my last call! w%#^$&%#**# :furious:

*fUming* Felt like a fool lohr!! :curse:

Lesson to all : NEVER EVER PLACE A DEPOSIT UNLESS YOU ARE DEFINATELY COMFIRMING YOUR ID. Money easy to go in, difficult to get back....

PS: I wil not disclose the ID firm here, if u need to know PM me.

Hi ryuki,

When I saw you at 79C during the weird hour,

I knew it is not easy to get back the deposit. :furious:

The best timing to ask for deposit is when their shop is packed with customers during weekend like today.

No point approaching them when their shop is empty or you will be played out again.

It will be good to make use of the presence of their NEW potential customers to pressure for the deposit.

They will try to protect their image and might issue you a refund.

Use some nice words like "not able to meet that ID, he seems to be avoiding me", "I can't wait as my company SPH need me to be out stationed soon (let them think u are working in Press sector)".

Don't have to raise your voice, if ID not around (Best) ask them to call him on phone to verify.

Hope that you don't get me wrong, I am not asking you to create a scence. :rolleyes:

All the best in getting back your Money.

:yamseng:

:( eh i think its is a bit tupid of me to ask this question now. Anyone can enlightening me if the tap at both the toilet basins are mixer tap??? :bangwall:

I saw the red and blue dot there but so small, dunno issist really a mixer tap?? Better make sure before i commit to buy 2 mixer taps for no reason.. :dunno:

Hi ryuki,

When I saw you at 79C during the weird hour,

I knew it is not easy to get back the deposit. :furious:

The best timing to ask for deposit is when their shop is packed with customers during weekend like today.

No point approaching them when their shop is empty or you will be played out again.

It will be good to make use of the presence of their NEW potential customers to pressure for the deposit.

They will try to protect their image and might issue you a refund.

Use some nice words like "not able to meet that ID, he seems to be avoiding me", "I can't wait as my company SPH need me to be out stationed soon (let them think u are working in Press sector)".

Don't have to raise your voice, if ID not around (Best) ask them to call him on phone to verify.

Hope that you don't get me wrong, I am not asking you to create a scence. :rolleyes:

All the best in getting back your Money.

rachel, u :good:

btw how's yr reno - capentry up?

can see see look look.

:( eh i think its is a bit tupid of me to ask this question now. Anyone can enlightening me if the tap at both the toilet basins are mixer tap??? :bangwall:

I saw the red and blue dot there but so small, dunno issist really a mixer tap?? Better make sure before i commit to buy 2 mixer taps for no reason.. :dunno:

yes hdb toilet tap is a mixer.

if u having hot water, u can use back hdb tap if don't wan to waste money.

Edited by REDCRYSTAL

yes hdb toilet tap is a mixer.

if u having hot water, u can use back hdb tap if don't wan to waste money.

Hi Redcrystal

Thanks thanks for your advice !

Yeah...save up at least $200 sia

Edited by howlupjac