Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tigerfish

Suggestion On 50"-55" Full Hd Lcd Tv?

Hi Guys,

Ready to move into my new house~Thinking of get a big TV

Just went around the Best Store and some other neibourhood store.

I got some model in mind:

from BEST:

SONY-KDL52V5500 S$3299 (without freebies, I hate freebies anyway)--scan rate only 50Hz

SONY-KDL52Z4500 S$3499 (without freebies)--scan rate upto 200 Hz, but dynamic

Although these two models are to be cleared as new models are coming up, I'm quite into Z4500

But Saw Toshiba (I didn't even pay attention to Toshiba before) 55" Regza ZV600 from a neighbourhood store ask for S$3500 (Without freebies) only. I read through the manual and spec.s seems fine---200Hz and other full HD output

Do you guys have any suggestions or other recommendations?

---I have budget around S$3500, so LED is out of question

---Scan rate is not that crucial, I really need it to be at least 100Hz (you might not notice the difference between 100Hz and 200Hz, but you can really tell 100Hz from 50Hz)

---I'm going to assemble an HTPC, so I need the TV to be able to display 1080p "pixel to pixel" when it connects to the PC (I notice that some people complain for black borders or 'extended' full HD)

Feel free to enlight me~ Thanks a lot~

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
How about Samsung Series 6? It has 100 Hz scan rate and of course full hd.

Ya, I came across this 52" LA52B550K1(5 series) in BEST, but it costs S$4099 with freebies (I hate freebies) ...and what's more...I'm not sure about the scan rate? only 50Hz I guess?

Hi Guys,

Ready to move into my new house~Thinking of get a big TV

Just went around the Best Store and some other neibourhood store.

I got some model in mind:

from BEST:

SONY-KDL52V5500 S$3299 (without freebies, I hate freebies anyway)--scan rate only 50Hz

SONY-KDL52Z4500 S$3499 (without freebies)--scan rate upto 200 Hz, but dynamic

Although these two models are to be cleared as new models are coming up, I'm quite into Z4500

But Saw Toshiba (I didn't even pay attention to Toshiba before) 55" Regza ZV600 from a neighbourhood store ask for S$3500 (Without freebies) only. I read through the manual and spec.s seems fine---200Hz and other full HD output

Do you guys have any suggestions or other recommendations?

---I have budget around S$3500, so LED is out of question

---Scan rate is not that crucial, I really need it to be at least 100Hz (you might not notice the difference between 100Hz and 200Hz, but you can really tell 100Hz from 50Hz)

---I'm going to assemble an HTPC, so I need the TV to be able to display 1080p "pixel to pixel" when it connects to the PC (I notice that some people complain for black borders or 'extended' full HD)

Feel free to enlight me~ Thanks a lot~

100HZ & 200HZ has significant visual difference is watched in High definition format. But if 100HZ is good enough for you, then so be it.

The Z4500 specs is quite tops & with the Motionflow 200Hz feature, you can guarantee the best display on fast moving action without the jitters.

cheers

Just to let you guys know, I ordered SONY KDL52Z4500 in BEST @ IMM

the price is S$3299 plus a free 1m HDMI cable (nothing big deal, but better than nothing)

Seems this model will be one of the last >50" LCD TVs from SONY, since SONY, samsung are trying to promote their LED TVs in the future

Will test the PC connection once I got the TV, will let you guys know.

Cheers~

Edited by tigerfish

The SONY 52" Z4500 is finally home, ordered it at price of 3299, one day before delivery, the price dropped to 2999, lucky enough still got 300 shopping voucher

The SONY 52" Z4500 is finally home, ordered it at price of 3299, one day before delivery, the price dropped to 2999, lucky enough still got 300 shopping voucher

Yeah, price dropping because of the 3D releases over the weekend. That life though. Enjoy it because I think it will be a few years before 3D really takes hold.