Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
starblume

Renovation Lesson #1

How is ur experience working with contractors? Are they really cheaper than id?

Definitely cheaper. But of course you will need to do more work as compared to what you have to do when you hire an ID...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Sent already, good luck :)

Starblume..

found ur t-blog, vy informative ..abt the contractor vs ID ..

may i have a copy of ur quotation ? i met with patrick jus only, out of budget lei. :bangwall:

Oh I see... Abt sms-ing right, I do notice that contractors don't really have the habit of sms-ing... especially if they are those "old school" types from older generation. They prefer to call direct and talk face-to-face if anything, sms is something they are not quite comfortable with. Also, it could be possible that they are not literate right? As in, they read and write in Chinese, not English. I know this because my mom & my aunts are like that, they cant really understand if I send them smses in english, but in chinese is fine... perhaps u can consider this?

I think it's best to always talk to your id/contractor and be direct with them. I would imagine that since I cannot read their minds, neither can they read mine... so best to clear the air and tell them exactly what you want...lesser headaches later ;)

Agreed... searching for ID / Contractor is a very sian thing to do... zz

Hi!

First of all, congrats on your new place! Am looking for a reliable contractor and been sourcing for quotes around. would you mind sending me a copy of your quotation from your contractor and his contact as well? Thanks so much!!

Cheers,

jan

janvida@gmail.com