Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
baby81984

3-room Resale In The West

Was sourcing for quotations for my table top:

Clear tempered glass with polished sides and rounded edges: 1800mm by 850mm by 8mm.

Was surprised by the range of quotes given to me.

Lowest is from $95.

Highest is till $292.

Most of them around $200.

Anyone knows whats like the market rate? Sometimes too cheap is a bit worrying... :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
is the dining table going to be permanently placed there? if it is, how do you all plan to sit since there is a drop-down to the kitchen? for your glass top, you may want to go to those glass makers and get them to cut to your size for you. Here are a few cos I've previously saved:

Yuen Tat Glass Tel: 6368 9371 (apparently a 150x90cm 6mm glass only costs about a hundred bucks)

Sun Sun Glass Tel: 6283 3126

Siatyun Safety Glass Pte Ltd Tel: 6744 1277

gimz: i wanted to reply to you abt the glass but lilith beat me to it. so now she is the new google for renotalk. :lol:

FYI, genuine ones have a tempered glass stamp on it. also since u using as dining top, probably u need something more than 6mm. so far sun sun is used by ossify and yuen tat is used by zerochristy. both are ok according to them.

lilth: the medicine cabinet selling at GR link too. u check price at a few places and compare. previously I saw at hoe kee selling 150 plus for the bigger ones

Edited by samgalz

yep, those mirror cabinets are called medicine cabinets. i'll be getting one for our bath as well. but think might be bigger than yours at 40x60cm..? :dunno:

is the dining table going to be permanently placed there? if it is, how do you all plan to sit since there is a drop-down to the kitchen? for your glass top, you may want to go to those glass makers and get them to cut to your size for you. Here are a few cos I've previously saved:

Yuen Tat Glass Tel: 6368 9371 (apparently a 150x90cm 6mm glass only costs about a hundred bucks)

Sun Sun Glass Tel: 6283 3126

Siatyun Safety Glass Pte Ltd Tel: 6744 1277

ohh the width of the medicine cabinet is 40cm, height not sure...prob around 60cm :)

costs $105 at Poh Joo.

We stick those pads at the legs of the table, can drag it around easily without damaging the floor. Normally, only baby and me there, so we sit side by side to eat. If we have guests, will pull it out and put in parallel to the kitchen cabinets. :)

Thanks to you, Samgalz and Pat for the lobang. :) Called Yuen Tat but no one picked up. Probably out for lunch or wat...

Got a quote at $95 before GST and delivery for a 8mm thickness. 6mm thickness maybe less $5 or $10 only. Maybe i asking my friend to help, but the place is in Changi...i a bit pai say also... :unsure:

gimz: i wanted to reply to you abt the glass but lilith beat me to it. so now she is the new google for renotalk. :lol:

FYI, genuine ones have a tempered glass stamp on it. also since u using as dining top, probably u need something more than 6mm. so far sun sun is used by ossify and yuen tat is used by zerochristy. both are ok according to them.

lilth: the medicine cabinet selling at GR link too. u check price at a few places and compare. previously I saw at hoe kee selling 150 plus for the bigger ones

wah sammy, don't say until like that mah! haha...just helping gimz out here..i actually have a list of reno contacts with all these companies so its no issue to copy & paste them here.

i saw the medicine cabinets at gr link liao. but doesn't matter, already bought mine from china. sorry to say but the ones here are way overpriced..

ohh the width of the medicine cabinet is 40cm, height not sure...prob around 60cm :)

costs $105 at Poh Joo.

We stick those pads at the legs of the table, can drag it around easily without damaging the floor. Normally, only baby and me there, so we sit side by side to eat. If we have guests, will pull it out and put in parallel to the kitchen cabinets. :)

Thanks to you, Samgalz and Pat for the lobang. :) Called Yuen Tat but no one picked up. Probably out for lunch or wat...

Got a quote at $95 before GST and delivery for a 8mm thickness. 6mm thickness maybe less $5 or $10 only. Maybe i asking my friend to help, but the place is in Changi...i a bit pai say also... :unsure:

oh yours is 40*60? then it's the same size as mine lor! but looks smaller than i expected...

i think the thicker the glass the better. $95 looks like a good price..which co is this from?

wah sammy, don't say until like that mah! haha...just helping gimz out here..i actually have a list of reno contacts with all these companies so its no issue to copy & paste them here.

i saw the medicine cabinets at gr link liao. but doesn't matter, already bought mine from china. sorry to say but the ones here are way overpriced..

oh yours is 40*60? then it's the same size as mine lor! but looks smaller than i expected...

i think the thicker the glass the better. $95 looks like a good price..which co is this from?

haha...jus teasing u. i aso hv the list that i compile myself. but getting lazy cos recently too lazy to update the list... :P

how much u buy from china? from the net?

haha...jus teasing u. i aso hv the list that i compile myself. but getting lazy cos recently too lazy to update the list... :P

how much u buy from china? from the net?

after i compiled the list, haven't been referring to it as much as i thought i would! hahaha...useless information gathering.. :P

i bought mine for about SGD55 online..

gimz: Yes I am using Yuan Tat LOL.... cheap and good :) look like they are the main supplier cause I saw Ajisan also use them :) saw they logo on the display cabinet

after i compiled the list, haven't been referring to it as much as i thought i would! hahaha...useless information gathering.. :P

wah so cheap!! inclusive of delivery?

i thought $105 is a ok price. :(

carrothead again?

gimz: Yes I am using Yuan Tat LOL.... cheap and good :) look like they are the main supplier cause I saw Ajisan also use them :) saw they logo on the display cabinet

yuen tat is much cheaper than the other quotes.

quoted me $105

but delivery at $80 leh... :(

think i go with another supplier to try.

carlton glass:

quoted me $95 + $50 delivery.

maybe psycho my friend to help me with the delivery... using company van!! wahaha...

tat's a good price but shipping how? will it be ex to ship here?

the list will have use one lah.. like me...i aso use the list to find Edmund, GR Link, Mega Discount and will be using it to get my curtains and wall decals. aso that's the list i use for www.asksamgalz.com.... :lol:

yuen tat is much cheaper than the other quotes.

quoted me $105

but delivery at $80 leh... :(

think i go with another supplier to try.

carlton glass:

quoted me $95 + $50 delivery.

maybe psycho my friend to help me with the delivery... using company van!! wahaha...

Wah the delivery ex le.. how come ah... I stay in Bt Panjang and I think they overcharge u the delivery charge... if you want can try calling again and tell them your "few friends" got charge at S$50 for the delivery see what they say LOL... than add again... 2 of them same location as u le and its recently one...

My glass price:

6mm tempered glass (150cm x 90cm) S$46.40 + Delivery S$50 + 7% GST S$6.75 = S$103.15

The other opt is get the lowest price and lowest delivery charge than call a company you selected and counter offer them the price which other glass supplier can offer.

I done this before and some glass supplier are willing to go to the bottom :)

Wah the delivery ex le.. how come ah... I stay in Bt Panjang and I think they overcharge u the delivery charge... if you want can try calling again and tell them your "few friends" got charge at S$50 for the delivery see what they say LOL... than add again... 2 of them same location as u le and its recently one...

My glass price:

6mm tempered glass (150cm x 90cm) S$46.40 + Delivery S$50 + 7% GST S$6.75 = S$103.15

wow...mine is 180cm by 90cm, 6mm also. how come she quote me:

$105 + $80 delivery + GST!!

urs is really cheap! :)

tat's a good price but shipping how? will it be ex to ship here?

the list will have use one lah.. like me...i aso use the list to find Edmund, GR Link, Mega Discount and will be using it to get my curtains and wall decals. aso that's the list i use for www.asksamgalz.com.... :lol:

since we are at it, any contacts for blinds? cheap cheap ones... :P

wow...mine is 180cm by 90cm, 6mm also. how come she quote me:

$105 + $80 delivery + GST!!

urs is really cheap! :)

Your glass price should be slightly much more than mine but I dun believe that the delivery charges is so high.

I talk to a lady call Siew Lee and she quote me the price. (PS: Unless you want to call again to check)