Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cookcpu

Mr 16 Led Light Bulb To Replace 50w Halogen Downlight

Anyone know which shop sell MR 16 LED light bulb. It is to replace 50w halogen downlight.

Any information given will be appreciated. Thank you.

I chance upon this online website http://ai-ledlight.com which seems to have many LED light Bulbs.

You may want to try.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I hv bought quite a lot of things(gadgets, car accessories etc) from dealextreme, price wise, by far the cheapest.

Help a fren of mine to get tis http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.34394, was told very bright but has not yet seen how bright is it on his bedroom. Will review to u later....

I hv attached the direct link to the LEDs http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.907

Do feedback the price comparable to our local store?

Edited by knightskid

Hi All !

I am very satisfied with my 2 LED wall-lights purchased from Lightcraft, installed when I renovated my flat about 3 yrs ago. So far no problem, I left the wall-lights on throughout the night - they are bright enough to light up the living room so that we don't have to grope in the dark for the light switches. And economical too - cost only $1.31 per month in electricity, based on present power supply charge of about $0.30 per kW electricity.

And that's for 24x7 running cost. Since I turn on the LEDs only for 12 hrs, my running cost is $0.65 per month! :P

When I did my ceiling lights in 2008 I could not buy LED ceiling lights locally, even Lightcraft didn't carry them. But I was keen on LEDs, and made provision for future LED light bulbs to install in my ceiling lighting by using E27 holders to hold the ceiling lights. See my ceiling lights here. E27 sockets are used for compact fluorescent bulbs ("CF") as well as LED bulbs.

I haven't gone back to Lightcraft - as I believe products there are pricey! My LED wall light cost $150 each. But I've had no problems with product reliability or quality issues with Lightcraft and their staff and services have been top-notch.

Now it seems other retail outlets (e.g. referral by one forumer - greenlumi.com.sg) have opened and are retailing products at more reasonable prices. But has anyone bought from them? Or has anyone installed/used their LED light bulbs? Pl share your buying experience and reliability of the LED bulbs. Or even LED fluorescent tubes as I am also keen on those! I understand LEDS made by CREE are the gold standard and first-gen products from other countries (esp from Asia) aren't too reliable and at best last only 3-5 yrs instead of the reputed 10 yrs (100,000 hrs). Any other retail shop you know of that retails both?

Appreciate yr inputs before I proceed to buy and install ! :unsure:

Edited by BlueFly

Although be careful, to use the adapter instead of magnetic transformers to illuminate these electronic valve. The leading cause of very low wattage for dealing with electronic transformers, and users can experience the flickering light.