Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ckhoo

Maisonette Makeover

thx sunset way.

xiaoyang,

at the moment our reno quote is 94k, but i'm afraid as the reno goes along we keep adding this and that the cost might increase. but i tink my reno so exp cos we do alot of structural changes to the house and also have alot of glass work involved.

now i having a lil headache cos i have to vacate my current apartment by 18 may but handover oni 2 jun. so i tink i hve to bunk over at my parents' place during tat time. but its going to be quite chaotic cos i hve 2 lil princesses in tow as well. so tinking whether i sld consider renting an apartment for 1 month instead. anyone here had this problem when they moving house? also hve to find storage to store our boxes and a few pieces of furnitures too....any recommendations?

u can use temp storage options like extra space, big orange etc.. try yahoo or google for storage options. they hv quite a few storage sizes and flexible duration.

as for living space, that I cannot help much...sorry

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I think the best is to get a few days allowance from ur buyer. Pay them some rent.Squeeze ur agent to pay for it. Come on, they took so much of our money...they should work for us.

My personal experience... agent asked buyer to give us 1mth extension but buyer turned their words and wanted us to shift out.At first, I so silly...quickly find a rental place. Then after bring an agent... I learnt something... dun let them earn ur money so easily...

I told the agent that I dun care...I got 2 kids and they want us to move out on NY eve? So after negotiating,buyer wanted 1.5k rental. So in the end, the 2 agent has to divide the money and let us stay 1 more mth. To them, it is just a $700 lesser form their commission and they are earning $8K from us. U get my meaning?

Furthermore, you are not asking too much...just a few days...less than 1 week. Get ur agent to settle now. Be more agressive...

haha..my agent teaching u how to squeeze them....

aiyah my agent oso tried asking them to extend by another 2 weeks til end of may. but my buyers very @#*@# wan lah....they are PR and already pay rent til end of may but they refuse to extend for us...my agent even offer $2000 for rental they oso don't wan. so forget it lor. will jus squeeze everyone into my parents plc then get storage for my barang barang....no choice!

Here are some drawings my ID did for us:

Kitchen

IMG_7308.jpg

This side of kitchen looks out into living room and side entrance into balcony.

IMG_7307.jpg

chose kitchen materials today. so exciting!!! will be using glass as backing for kitchen, good change from my stainless steel backing in my current kitchen.

IMG_7313.jpg

Master Bedroom Toilet

Changing the mirror to full mirror cabinet across wall

IMG_7304.jpg

2nd Floor common toilet

Adding cabinet at the bottom of sink counter.

IMG_7305.jpg

Finally, after months of waiting and waiting and more waiting...work is finally starting on our new home. Lots of work has to be done within a a short 7 weeks. With such a big project on hand we decided that we needed professional help. And who better than our very best friend and brilliant Interior Designer to do the job. The designing and planning stages of this project started slow cause we had almost six months before getting the keys. But finally finally the wait is over.

Here's the original floor plan to our EM:

OriginalFloorplanpdf-AdobeReader114.jpg

We decided to change the layout of the house a little. Here's the new floorplan:

1st floor

pbdg01-revisedpdf-AdobeReader114201.jpg

2nd floor

pbdg02-revisedpdf-AdobeReader114201.jpg

Interesting layout. you have like a small balcony in your original masterbedroom. Congrats on your new home.

Balcony on 2nd Floor

IMG_7299.jpg

Is yr 2nd floor balcony original from HDB? I hv checked with ID / contractor, all told me cannot be done. Thanks

staircase so nice....heart pain to see it torn down..

out of so many members EM...tink my EM original state is the worst.