Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
reuben82

Our Dream House @ Jurong West

Hi Everyone.......

OK. I got an issue right now...hehehehe.....Refer sketch below:

ToiletProb.jpg

I'm going to have a glass shower screen on top of the kerb. OK. Now, the shower kerb will block the floor trap. What I can think of is only open a small hole on the other side so the dry area water will flow into the floor trap. The problem is that the shower kerb can't be fully opened. Any ideas how to solve this ak?

Thank you thank you!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Everyone.......

ToiletProb.jpg

I'm going to have a glass shower screen on top of the kerb. OK. Now, the shower kerb will block the floor trap. What I can think of is only open a small hole on the other side so the dry area water will flow into the floor trap. The problem is that the shower kerb can't be fully opened. Any ideas how to solve this ak?

Thank you thank you!

how come kerb is right above floor trap? if in future need to do maintenance how? why not build the kerb slightly inner or outer, and have a hole in kerb for water flow from both sides?

actually i am facing something similar too

Hi Everyone.......

ToiletProb.jpg

Thank you thank you!

Hi Reuben82

Actually since u will be hacking the whole toilet, ur contractor / id should be able to shift the trap hoole or create a trap hole instead of shifting the kerb... my mbr toilet has 2 traps, one at the original place outside the kerb area and one newly created in the shower area..

Had pmed u...let me know if didn't received it, cos nowadays got problem reply and insert pic.

how come kerb is right above floor trap? if in future need to do maintenance how? why not build the kerb slightly inner or outer, and have a hole in kerb for water flow from both sides?

actually i am facing something similar too

OK. If slightly inner, my shower area left 700mm width only. Too small to shower. If slightly outer, the kerb will be at the mid of my toilet entrance which meaning the shower screen got problem to install. Hehehe..got the idea?

Hi Reuben82

Actually since u will be hacking the whole toilet, ur contractor / id should be able to shift the trap hoole or create a trap hole instead of shifting the kerb... my mbr toilet has 2 traps, one at the original place outside the kerb area and one newly created in the shower area..

Yes. Can actually shift the trap hole. For my case, I need to install 2 brand new trap holes which going towards this one. This will end up some other problems:

1) Slow water flow back to floor tap. Might getting flood.

2) Floor height will be raised up.

3) In future, if suay suay something happened and you need to access this so called "main" trap hole, you need to hack tiles hack kerb hack shower screen etc.

Had pmed u...let me know if didn't received it, cos nowadays got problem reply and insert pic.

Hmm...didnt receive it. I will pm you my email address. You can email me. Thank you jaskel!

Hi Everyone! Sorry for the long MIA!!!! hehehe...recently been very very very busy on my new job...haih....Yet need to settle so many things on my new nest! headache headache.

Anyway, my toilet issue was solved! hahaha...thank you very much for Jaskel recommendation and suggestions! It works perfectly.

I will try to upload some photos by tonight! hopefully. So far untl right now, they had finished laying tiles in toilets, kitchen. Now doing the living at the moment. Yesterday went for detailing discussion with my ID. Few things caught my concern though....

1) Undermount kitchen sink. ID did highlight to me that to do the undermount, few things I need to take notice.

- Easier to leak comparing with top mount. Need handle with care.

- No heavy weight on sink

- No flooding on sink

Just want to double confirm here. What he said is true? I noticed Jaskel did the undermount for jeffcraze as well. From what the ID drawn to me, I believe it is the same method. Is that meaning as long as I use a very very good silicon, it will minimize the possibility for all those bad things to be happened? hehehe...Too Kiasu....

2) Water purification. Any recommendations here? I try to look around and found this from 3M. http://solutions.3m.com.sg/wps/portal/3M/e...Q40ISNFA3JG2043

Seems good and neat. Most important, can be installed under the sink to save space. Anyone using this at the moment? Else just give me some recommendations as I am too lazy to cook water. lol....

I think thats all for this moment. Nowadays been quite free. Can get here more often! lol...

Some photos to share:

Kitchen

IMG_2691.jpg

Living+Dining...quite tidy..guess they are going to do tiling very soon

IMG_2684.jpg

MBR Toilet. Almost done. Waiting mosaic to lay only

IMG_2679.jpg

Door opening for a new store!

IMG_2683.jpg

Edited by reuben82

Hi Everyone! Sorry for the long MIA!!!! hehehe...recently been very very very busy on my new job...haih....Yet need to settle so many things on my new nest! headache headache.

Anyway, my toilet issue was solved! hahaha...thank you very much for Jaskel recommendation and suggestions! It works perfectly.

I will try to upload some photos by tonight! hopefully. So far untl right now, they had finished laying tiles in toilets, kitchen. Now doing the living at the moment. Yesterday went for detailing discussion with my ID. Few things caught my concern though....

1) Undermount kitchen sink. ID did highlight to me that to do the undermount, few things I need to take notice.

- No flooding on sink

Just want to double confirm here. What he said is true? I noticed Jaskel did the undermount for jeffcraze as well. From what the ID drawn to me, I believe it is the same method. Is that meaning as long as I use a very very good silicon, it will minimize the possibility for all those bad things to be happened? hehehe...Too Kiasu....

2) Water purification. Any recommendations here? I try to look around and found this from 3M. http://solutions.3m.com.sg/wps/portal/3M/e...Q40ISNFA3JG2043

Seems good and neat. Most important, can be installed under the sink to save space. Anyone using this at the moment? Else just give me some recommendations as I am too lazy to cook water. lol....

I think thats all for this moment. Nowadays been quite free. Can get here more often! lol...

What type of sink u using? Top mount or under mount? Granite or stainless steel?

What type of sink u using? Top mount or under mount? Granite or stainless steel?

I'm using 2 bowls sink. thinking of under mount. stainless steel..any advice?

- Easier to leak comparing with top mount. Need handle with care. Very subjective, cos have u seen how they put silicone on a top mount sink? If I've free time, will draw up and under common sense, most will be able to understand better

- No heavy weight on sink is 20kg consider heavy enough, if not how bout 30kg?

- No flooding on sink Try not to flood till the silicone level cos if there is hole, water will seep through and damage the wood

Just want to double confirm here. What he said is true? I noticed Jaskel did the undermount for jeffcraze as well. From what the ID drawn to me, I believe it is the same method. Is that meaning as long as I use a very very good silicon, it will minimize the possibility for all those bad things to be happened? Is the preparation on doing of the under mount sink that will minimize all this from happening. hehehe...Too Kiasu....

Seems good and neat. Most important, can be installed under the sink to save space. Anyone using this at the moment? Else just give me some recommendations as I am too lazy to cook water. lol.... There are a few foumers done that but not from 3M

Edited by jaskel

- No flooding on sink

Hi reuben

I bought the hyflux undermount system, but sorry no review yet as it's not been installed. But I tasted the water at the showroom, pass our taste bud tests. You can see the pix in #532 in my blog. sorry ah, lazy to find attachment.

as for undermount, I did not know got so many "cannot do"? That's worrying, bc I'm also doing undermount! But my contractor did say that for undermount, best to mount the mixer on the sink itself, rather than on worktop. Dunno true or not?