Sign in to follow this  
alishong

Our Em @ Yishun

2nd floor - BR 3

Suppose to be my son's bedroom

Bedrm2.jpg

Damaged floor at door entrance which my contractor managed to save

Bedrm2_floor_scratch.jpg

my future scholar is going to study here...

BR2_1.jpg

Edited by alishong

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

After months of waiting and following up with Renotalk, finally get to set up a blog to record this major event.

Bot a EM at Yishun in Nov 09 for 385k, COV 24k

First Appointment - 02 Feb 2010

Second Appointment - 26 Mar 2010

Reno starts on 01 Mar 2010

Completed on 16 April 2010

Hi Alishong,

Welcome to RT and Yishun. I'm also a Yishuner at the 800 series! Where is your EM located?

Wow conditions of the flat is really bad. Good thing! You can plan the whole house to your ideal design without any 2nd thoughts! Allt the best for your reno!

Congrats on your new home.

Your renovation starts before your second appointment? The renovation permit using the previous owner name?

Yes, reno starts before 2nd appointment. Got the previous owner to sign the indemnity on 1st appointment as they are now staying in USA.

Hi Alishong,

Welcome to RT and Yishun. I'm also a Yishuner at the 800 series! Where is your EM located?

hi, babyleomummy, i am opposite the industrial park 200 series, wanted to be within 1km of ChongFu

Hi Alishong,

hi, babyleomummy, i am opposite the industrial park 200 series, wanted to be within 1km of ChongFu

I see... ;) Mine is 1K away from Northland. Haha... Reckon this should be your 2nd home? WHere did you used to stay?

Hi Alishong,

Congrats & Welcome to the Yishun Club. :D I'm one of the Yishuner too, @ 400 series.

Lucky u. U managed to get an EM @ 200 series which is nearer to chongfu. I was told by my previous hse neighbour tat they hv been searching for ur area for almost a year but couldnt get one.

Anyway, welcome to yishun and hope u will enjoy staying here!

Cheers :yamseng:

As we have lots of time to source for ID/Contractors after signing the OTP, we used the icompare as recommended in this forum to source for quotation. It was really an easy and simple process to get quotes instead of calling so many firms.

Many ID firms responded and we received close to 10 quotations from ID firms thru icompare. We also called up two contractors (one recommended by my sister and one recommended by this forum). We then realised all firms asking the same question - what are the scopes. In order to get the quotation on equal basis, we drafted a list of scope and send to all.

Of course the quotations came back (abt 2-3wks) with all kinds of presentation including their in-house package and whatever, ranging from 70k to 100+k.

We then shortlisted 3 that is

1. M Image ID & Renovation;

2. Lowe Living Concept;

3. Sky Creation Design.

We met up these 3 firms to finalise the quotation and see who will be the final one. Each thought that they are the one and started to show their true behaviour.

Lowe Living and Sky Creation started not responding to our calls and kept delaying our meeting. On the other hand, M Image was so responsive and experence, he even gave us a blank copy of idemnity form for us to get the owner to sign during our first appointment knowing in our case, the owners are staying in USA. This will allow us to start our renovation earlier and we have not even agree to sign up with him.

After so many rounds of changing and changing, we managed to cut the quotation to 55k, only carpentry work is the kitchen cabinet, flooring at 2nd storey to remain and use back the old wooden door. The rest all hack, remove and install new, including plastering and re-wire the whole house.

We shall see how this magic contractor (he likes to use the word "magic" :rolleyes: ) transform the house :paint:

Kitchen

Because the lighting is at the centre and that cast shadow when doing washing, the magic contractor was ask to add some lighting under the cabinet.

Do consider this when planning for your kitchen.

IMG_0001.jpg

I know many EM owners "hide" their washing machine in the toilet or convert it to wash area.

However, due to FS reason, a yard is created to put all the household stuff and washing machine.

Kitchen toilet must be clean and CLEAR of household items

IMG_0003.jpg