Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pnokio

Em @woodlands - Our 2nd Haven To Be!

Hi,

I'm also an EM soon to be owner. 50k is cheap, do u have any capentry?

My quotes basically all came back in the 70 - 80k+ region. Still waiting for Basic (Mr Yeak) & ID Note (Henry) to quote but dunno whether they are serious abt quoting or not. Keep telling me a least 2 weeks but the others have more or less given me the quotations in a week.

My unit requires a major overhaul as the condition is pretty old.

Think both yeak and henry should be quite tie up at the moment hence the delay

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

I'm also an EM soon to be owner. 50k is cheap, do u have any capentry?

My quotes basically all came back in the 70 - 80k+ region. Still waiting for Basic (Mr Yeak) & ID Note (Henry) to quote but dunno whether they are serious abt quoting or not. Keep telling me a least 2 weeks but the others have more or less given me the quotations in a week.

My unit requires a major overhaul as the condition is pretty old.

The only carpentry will be the kitchen cabinets.

$50k as just doing basic but major overhaul.

No cove, downlight, feature wall etc.

Basically strip off the house bare and do up

the necessary.

Think both yeak and henry should be quite tie up at the moment hence the delay

I 'kan cheong' lah... Got a few quotations from ppl recommended in the forum but all eye-popping amount.

1) Ideal House

2) Earnest Interior

3) Baroque Design

4) CJ Ambience

5) Basic?

6) Id Note?

Still sourcing around. Actually I still have plenty of time... Dun laugh... I have not even gone for my 1st appt.

The only carpentry will be the kitchen cabinets.

$50k as just doing basic but major overhaul.

No cove, downlight, feature wall etc.

Basically strip off the house bare and do up

the necessary.

I need to do everything. Flooring/ wardrobes/ kitchen cabinets/ toilets/ stairs etc etc etc etc...

I 'kan cheong' lah... Got a few quotations from ppl recommended in the forum but all eye-popping amount.

1) Ideal House

2) Earnest Interior

3) Baroque Design

4) CJ Ambience

5) Basic?

6) Id Note?

Still sourcing around. Actually I still have plenty of time... Dun laugh... I have not even gone for my 1st appt.

kk . normal lah ... I source for contractor also b4 1st appointment.

I buy my sofa before i confirm my contractor ... phahaha .... heng 1st appointment go thru . not i will stuck with a sofa /bed/console ... haha

Hi!

Finally! After months of deliberation...decided to contribute after receiving much help and ideas.

Inspired by another member's blog whose original unit and condition was very much like ours.

Don't know whether hubby and I are 2 kiasu ppl or not but we have already decided on

our contractor - Basic Image Interior Design.

1st appointment will only be on 29 April 2010. Expected date to receive keys is 1 June 2010

of which reno is planned to start almost immediately.

Hi~ haha when i called Mr. Yeak, he said he's doing another reno in June so can't do mine. So it could be your house that he's referring to? hee hee :lol:

Edited by marshmallow

kk . normal lah ... I source for contractor also b4 1st appointment.

I buy my sofa before i confirm my contractor ... phahaha .... heng 1st appointment go thru . not i will stuck with a sofa /bed/console ... haha

Same2! I 'book' Mr Yeak even b4 my 1st assignment. So if anything happens....haiz...

Anyway, signing today...wish me luck!

Hi~ haha when i called Mr. Yeak, he said he's doing another reno in June so can't do mine. So it could be your house that he's referring to? hee hee :lol:

Wah, glad tat he's not greedy. But sorry buddy. Ur reno will b whole house too?

1) Ideal House

2) Earnest Interior

3) Baroque Design

4) CJ Ambience

5) Basic?

6) Id Note?

No laughing. We started sourcing abt 2 mths b4 our 1st appt!

U got a number of responses. For us, only 2 companies responded to our 'quote'. Mr Yeak and Sam (3D Innovative). Baroque and a few others

didnt even get back to us. So I guess, it's fated...heee..heee but am praying that everything will go smoothly.

Hi,

1st Appt done! But the best part was when Mr Yeak set his foot in our soon-to-be haven! He gave us some advises and did the necessary measurements. So here are the picts (condition looks better on photos).

The entrance.

p4306282.th.jpg

The wall which shares with the utility room will be pushed back into the kitchen. Gonna make the room slightly bigger. However, I am very keen to make another door to the kitchen. What do you think?

p4306288.th.jpg

Taken from the Dining room

p4306301.th.jpg

Balcony - which will be leveled up

p4306331.th.jpg

One of the Bedrooms (Gonna be my only boy's room)

p4306307.th.jpg

Anyone had experience w ceiling fan in bedroom? thinking of having it in the middle w a ceiling light flank on each side. I like the rooms bright but wary that the moving blades may create shadows. Thanks in advance.

a sketch of my kitchen cabinet done by my dearest hubby. Told him tat tis is my special room in the house. Juz wanna something simple n practical.

But havent know what colour tiles/ laminate/ floor... Kindda like to play shades of black....but worried if kitchen gonna be dark..

kitchenv2.jpg

Been so long. Things are now in warehouse. Engaged DNKH movers. Reno also started and progressing well. Below are some of the picts.

Extended the utility room and decided to make another doorway to the kitchen.

P6096740.jpg

Sad that plastering work cannot be done for the walls outside the master bedroom:(

P6096778.jpg

Gonna miss the openness once awning comes...

P6096769.jpg

MR bathroom

P6096749.jpg

Common bathroom (2nd floor)

P6096755.jpg

More picts coming up..

Tile @Foyer

P6126817.jpg

Tile @living room

P6126814.jpg

Common bathroom 1

P6126802.jpg

Common bathroom 2

P6126825.jpg

Master bedroom toilet

P6126823.jpg

hi pnokio! was searching for photos of renovated EMs. (cos im starting my reno on 17th Oct). i like ur lime green bathroom tiles! hehe. no pics after completion?

cheers.