Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jtcp82

Full Speed Ahead!

Just completed my second appointment yesterday, therefore decided to start this t-blog here for your valuable comments and suggestions. Today PUB is going to turn on my tap and the renovation will start tommorrow. Wish me luck. ;) Let me first start by posting my layout here.

Floorplan.jpg

The only thing I don like about this flat is that the rubbish chute is located in my balcony. :(

Edited by jtcp82

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Just completed my second appointment yesterday, therefore decided to start this t-blog here for your valuable comments and suggestions. Today PUB is going to turn on my tap and the renovation will start tommorrow. Wish me luck. ;) Let me first start by posting my layout here.

Floorplan.jpg

The only thing I don like about this flat is that the rubbish chute is located in my balcony. :(

welcome to RT-blog . Got key liao ar . So must start reno liao lor

You can use tall plants and make it like a wall garden to cover up the rubbish chute.

Contractor quoted me about 37K for doing up my kitchen, 3 toilets, piping, rewiring, main door, gate, balcony window grill, Aircon for 4 rooms, capentry works. This excludes toilet and kitchen accessories. He will bring me down to geylang to choose wall and flooring tilesfor toilet and kitchen, toilet bowls and basins. Here are some of the photos of the existing condition of the flat.

Will be keeping the living room tiles as it is still in good condtion. Same goes for the staircase.

IMG_1590.jpg

Have purchased a 6+1 dining table. Hmm... hopefully it is not too cramp to put in my dining area as i will be placing a shoe rack there too.

IMG_1719.jpg

A view of my balcony area with the ugly rubbish chute. We intend to deck up the balcony to be leveled with our living room. This will be in the least of my priority. Will do it if I still have budget left.

IMG_1742.jpg

Tearing down the whole kitchen. My new kitchen will be in white and black.

IMG_1602.jpg

IMG_1596.jpg

Contractor quoted me about 37K for doing up my kitchen, 3 toilets, piping, rewiring, main door, gate, balcony window grill, Aircon for 4 rooms, capentry works. This excludes toilet and kitchen accessories. He will bring me down to geylang to choose wall and flooring tilesfor toilet and kitchen, toilet bowls and basins. Here are some of the photos of the existing condition of the flat.

Correct me if I'm wrong but any contractor that bring me to geylang for tiles and sanitary ware would set off an alarm. The prices there are definitely not cheap ...

Maybe you want to go to Jalan Besar for sanitaryware and Balestier for lightings and tiles to compare the prices before going to geylang.

We heard so many horror stores where contractor bring clients to the expensive shops (with possibility to earn commission).

Will be keeping the living room tiles as it is still in good condtion. Same goes for the staircase.

IMG_1590.jpg

Have purchased a 6+1 dining table. Hmm... hopefully it is not too cramp to put in my dining area as i will be placing a shoe rack there too.

IMG_1719.jpg

A view of my balcony area with the ugly rubbish chute. We intend to deck up the balcony to be leveled with our living room. This will be in the least of my priority. Will do it if I still have budget left.

IMG_1742.jpg

Tearing down the whole kitchen. My new kitchen will be in white and black.

IMG_1602.jpg

IMG_1596.jpg

Welcome to RT....Wow your place looks big n living room condition looks good too.....

Master Bdrm

Will polish the parquet in my room. Keeping the window grills too. I will doing a bay window with cushioin on top. My wife said that is waste of money, I will not sit there to do anything. But I insisted on it, as I said if someone comes to our room they will not sit on our bed if there is a window bay. :D

IMG_1725.jpg

IMG_1726.jpg

Bedrm 1

This is my sis bedroom. Will be changing the build-in wardrobe doors only.My contractor says that this wardrobe should be more than 10 years, the previous owner has maintain it in very good condition. My sis has bought her furniture too. Poster bed, victorian style tv console and dressing table. All white in colour.

IMG_1722.jpg

IMG_1724.jpg

Welcome to RT....Wow your place looks big n living room condition looks good too.....

Thanks. I think the previous owner repainted the whole house white to bring up the valuation. :)

Parent Bdrm

Not doing anything for my parent's room. Well they have traditional mindset and that is to save money. But will bring them to choose their furniture for the new house.

IMG_1640.jpg

Guest rm

This guest room is located downstairs. This will be my game room, where I will put my Wii here. :)

IMG_1707.jpg

Second floor Common Toilet

Changing everything here.

IMG_1665.jpg

Master Bedroom Toilet

Chaning everything here too. Thinking of installing a bathtub but my wife is afraid it will be very cramp. Okay, i give in for this case.

IMG_1628.jpg

Ground floor Toilet

A very small toilet.

IMG_1746.jpg

Edited by jtcp82

You can use tall plants and make it like a wall garden to cover up the rubbish chute.

Actually intending to do a door to cover it. Thanks for the suggestion anyway :)

Correct me if I'm wrong but any contractor that bring me to geylang for tiles and sanitary ware would set off an alarm. The prices there are definitely not cheap ...

Maybe you want to go to Jalan Besar for sanitaryware and Balestier for lightings and tiles to compare the prices before going to geylang.

We heard so many horror stores where contractor bring clients to the expensive shops (with possibility to earn commission).

Really!? Hmm thanks for the info. Will check with my contractor again.

welcome to RT!!! :yamseng:

enjoy your renovation process...

jtcp82, ur 37k reno doesn't include any reno for any of the rooms at all other than the kitchen n toilets??

Thanks. For the rooms only polishing of the parquet and some capentry works.