Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
matashi

Our Very Own Home

now i realise i kena dupe liao. swap the suppose best one for the lousiest one since i did not realise in time. :curse:

we too. Painter told us better to buy the big tin, instead of 2 small ones - save money. We gong gong say ok, now, we are stuck with so many tins of paint, many of which are 3/4 full because they are used to paint only one wall. Dunno what to do with the paint now - throw wasted, keep also waste my store room space, not to mention the stench each tiime I open the door

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
btw, how is your place? move in liao?

ya, moved in one month liao. On the whole, reno is ok, and quite happy with the end result, though there are some issues that were not what it's supposed to be, but just close eye lor. Rectify and rectify we also very sian ... messy, time consuming and all.

hope no major issues surface as we live on ..

fed-up right? pay money then get this kind of quality.

yah that time already make them repaint 2 times liao.

now peel again. super lousy workmanship.

i remember someone mention about not using matex white paint somewhere in this forum.

come to think of it i saw a lot of this paint during reno period.

before pay money say all paint price diff not much so will give the best one.

and we chose the paint ourselves.

now i realise i kena dupe liao. swap the suppose best one for the lousiest one since i did not realise in time. :curse:

recently i heard my kitchen glass door making weird sound when closing..... lets just hope this will not become another defect.

I OFFICIALLY DON'T RECOMMEND THIS CONTACTOR I USED

need help?

we too. Painter told us better to buy the big tin, instead of 2 small ones - save money. We gong gong say ok, now, we are stuck with so many tins of paint, many of which are 3/4 full because they are used to paint only one wall. Dunno what to do with the paint now - throw wasted, keep also waste my store room space, not to mention the stench each tiime I open the door

wah what a waste. how can open so many cans at a same time?

better you keep a small can and throw the rest away lah, pray hard your paintworks wun end up like mine though.

if not you gonna regret throwing away.

for mine, the tiles packaging they each take 1 piece of tile then now i cannot return the unused ones cos all open up.

i have over 30pc of the same tile stuck at home dunno wan throw or not. why can't they simply try to minimize owners cost?

the same thing goes for my BLUM hinges as well, i have leftover like 20 over pc.

i think contractors simply dun care waste money or not since it is not their money.

But if they are the ones paying, i think BLUM will become BLOM brand liao. :bangwall:

wah what a waste. how can open so many cans at a same time?

better you keep a small can and throw the rest away lah, pray hard your paintworks wun end up like mine though.

if not you gonna regret throwing away.

for mine, the tiles packaging they each take 1 piece of tile then now i cannot return the unused ones cos all open up.

i have over 30pc of the same tile stuck at home dunno wan throw or not. why can't they simply try to minimize owners cost?

the same thing goes for my BLUM hinges as well, i have leftover like 20 over pc.

i think contractors simply dun care waste money or not since it is not their money.

But if they are the ones paying, i think BLUM will become BLOM brand liao. :bangwall:

hubby says maybe they buy paint got commision one, so they just buy more than needed lor, need 1 buy 2, need small one buy big one. And since buy liao, just open and use, if not owner question?

Yr blum not included in yr quote? Or yr contractor over estimate?

Tiles ah? Why not use as some kind of decorative items? I also have the spare marble tiles, tucked under the sink. The space under the sink can't really store anything anyway, so just put the spare tiles there. I would have stored the paint there too, if not for the smell.

hubby says maybe they buy paint got commision one, so they just buy more than needed lor, need 1 buy 2, need small one buy big one. And since buy liao, just open and use, if not owner question?

Yr blum not included in yr quote? Or yr contractor over estimate?

Tiles ah? Why not use as some kind of decorative items? I also have the spare marble tiles, tucked under the sink. The space under the sink can't really store anything anyway, so just put the spare tiles there. I would have stored the paint there too, if not for the smell.

paint, tiles, whatever things alsp they(contractor) earn money. so that's why i cannot imagine they still stingy about using better quality stuff at the risk of negative feedbacks.

speaking of blum, carpentry was already out by the time i went to buy the blum hinges. so i just ask how many hinges do i need before i buy so will not overshot.

this typical lazy and irresponsible contractor just anyhow say a quantity then i go buy. in the end overshot by dozenz. somemore got 1 whole pack of 20pc haven use...................

i cannot keep any more spare tiles liao cos i realise we are going to run out of storage space soon... :P

Think she was referring to This..

saw and WOW. changed my impression immediately.

Btw, how is your network media going?

i sort of gave up. lol.

tried Playon HD mini player and PS3. doesn't seem to work good.

saw and WOW. changed my impression immediately.

Btw, how is your network media going?

i sort of gave up. lol.

tried Playon HD mini player and PS3. doesn't seem to work good.

Stil contemplating to build a Slim PC or just get a media player with a 2TB external harddisk.

Not in a hurry so slowly do research.. :P

In what way does it not work good? Even if is placed next to your TV?

Stil contemplating to build a Slim PC or just get a media player with a 2TB external harddisk.

Not in a hurry so slowly do research.. :P

In what way does it not work good? Even if is placed next to your TV?

hmm, both ps3 and playon shows up as a list of titles and folders on the screen.

i am looking more for jukebox kind. like with movie posters and the titles.

playon can't even read some bluray files also while my old windows pc can.

in my opinion, windows 7 slim pc sounds nice for me

hmm, both ps3 and playon shows up as a list of titles and folders on the screen.

i am looking more for jukebox kind. like with movie posters and the titles.

playon can't even read some bluray files also while my old windows pc can.

in my opinion, windows 7 slim pc sounds nice for me

Think jukebox type, also need to manually download the artworks right?

Thanks.. :P Likely go that direction bah...

Think jukebox type, also need to manually download the artworks right?

Thanks.. :P Likely go that direction bah...

artworks quite easy, just rename the .jpg picture to folder.

pls let me know if you have any nice solutions.

BTW, PS3 now can play 3D blu-ray movies after updating. ;)