Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wonderlee

Household Chores In Em

For workaholic staying in EM, do you have a weekly schedule on your household chores? I've yet to move in and already starting to worry on the chores that we need to do. Can share a bit of your tips? :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
For workaholic staying in EM, do you have a weekly schedule on your household chores? I've yet to move in and already starting to worry on the chores that we need to do. Can share a bit of your tips? :P

I think we r the more lazy type.. lol.. as there r only me and hubby staying in the EM, we spent most of our time downstairs.. so we will sweep and mop the floor every 2-3 days for lower lvl.. whereas for the upper floor.. it is once a week.. ( only up there to bathe, change and slp )

Toilets.. i will wash the MBR and downstairs toilet once 4-5 days... the guest toilet.. depending.. sometimes once every 10 days.. hubby been doing the laundry so far.. so not so bad..

there is no weekly schedule.. ^^ .. i think i kinda applied my mom's rule ( my parents staying in Em too ) .. clean when u feel and see the place is getting dirty .. :) ..

Be it 3 room, 4 room, 5 room etc, still need to do the same household chores. Just that u need longer time for bigger house.

I am looking an option to hire a part-time cleaner to come every 2 weeks to clean, wipe dusts, windows and everything else. Maybe also include ironing (if we can't cope with so many clothes)... anyone has lobang for that?

Thinking to pay around $10/hr

I intend to split the works into days & not to combine them in a day. That's why I'm hoping to see if anyone has a weekly roster to help.

hi,

i have yet to move into my EM too.

We have 2 young boys and no domestic helper.

Mon - Our day off with my boys staying with my mother

Tue, Wed - Home

Thur - Bunk at my mother's place

Fri - Home

Sat - Bunk at my MIL's place

Sun - Home

The above would be my rough weekly schedule, I would not like to spend everyday at home doing housework. I want to enjoy the space too!

So I guess, laundry is a once a week chore.

Sweeping - every 2 days

Mopping - once a week

toilet - to clean everyday

Have seen the show "Perfect Housewife" - ideally can plan where to clean on a weekly basis.

Once accomplish, job done. or u may plan to squeeze in a full day to clean.

Or get a part-time cleaner on a weekly basis for 4 hours. :)