Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
doggy_gal

La Germania

hi,

anyone using this brand of hob or standing cooker (where there is a hob on top and a oven below)?

anyone has any experience with this brand that you like to share?

and any other comparable good ones? me tot of getting one such type but have to ask around before buying.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

and also any distributor?

so far, i went to a few places to recce and i find that those selling at city gas has the most reasonable price by far.

any advice? coz i really like that standing cooker... :thumbs up:

anyone?

and also any distributor?

so far, i went to a few places to recce and i find that those selling at city gas has the most reasonable price by far.

any advice? coz i really like that standing cooker... :dunno:

anyone?

I've installed this brand of hob at my hse for 5 yrs.. i cooked abt once or twice a week.. overall i likethe design and the brand name.. but if u were to ask me abt mechanism,.. i knownothing. :notti:

but till date no prob given.. anyway, i sold my hse.. so wiht my new hse, i will get another La Germania for sure. :P

hi gladysbeyond, thanks for your feedback.

i hv already bought a La Germania standing cooker cum oven. some ppl says its old pattern, no gd etc. etc. but i like it coz of the following reasons...

1) the hob is concealed type. from many experienced aunties' advice, conceal type is better if you cook alot becoz soups or cook stuffs may overflow and drip onto the hobs. and it may be difficult to clean if your hob is those that are exposed types. you can easily scoop up or wipe away any thing that is deposited there due to cooking, or any other dirt.

exposed type may allow cook stuffs and other dirt to drip or drop into the hob through the holes.

concealed type: after you remove all the removable parts of the cooking top, there is a welded in cup sort of pattern. this is the concealed type.

exposed type: after you remove all the removable parts of the cooking top, there are exposed holes. many sellers will tell you got holes are better coz fire burn better, can control the fire volume (eg. there may be 3 rings of fire, eg. big, medium or small whereby big = 3 rings of fire activated, medium = 2 rings of fire activated - the outer and middle ring, small = 1 centre small ring of fire activated)

2) the oven generally can cook up quite a few dishes and the functions are sufficient enough for novice cookers. for professional cook, you may want a separate oven type from Bosch, Electrolux, Brandt, De Dietrich or Miele which have more functions but price may range from S$3K onwards!!! :bleah:

3) thirdly, i got it for a price of S$1238 for the big stainless one, with a free cleaning stick during the promotion at citygas gallery. :notti: !! :notti::sport-smiley-004::notti:

and hopefully, i am able to use it to make kuehs, cakes, and many other dishes... :sport-smiley-004:

You may want to read up the threads below on one of the forumer's comment on oven.

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/...html?1188663249

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/...html?1158332820

"Bosch ovens are good but expensive. brandt offers value for money. electrolux isnt that too bad but just that the price jump between models is like brandt also jump very high. de dietrich is best bet but prices also wah seh.. miele is fantastic too but price-- killer.ariston --- err nay i will give it a skip, indesit not even in my shortlist"

hope the above helps ppl here who want to buy oven and hob.

La Germania Has been in SG longer definitely..

:D have to check for Distributer reliablity , IMO La Germania seems abit withdrawn from market liao

infor for all,

la germania did not withdraw from mkt. in fact its doing well in europe mkt where its manufacture.

(i think) the local company that is responsible for distributing and repair of the product is American Appliances Pte. Ltd. (i must check my warranty card to double confirm coz now don't hv infor on hand). :unsure:

Hi all, anyone had tried the La Germania hob & hood (non-conventional, non-standalone type)?

I am using it for quite some time. No much to complain about.

What I can let you know is the OEM is Italian gas hob manufacturer Bertazonni.

Most european brands, even the large famous one, carries them.

Just look at the way the burners is placed and sized and you will realized they are from the same maker.

Basically, italian is on of the major gas hob maker in the world.

If you ask me, then value for money.

I am using it for quite some time. No much to complain about.

What I can let you know is the OEM is Italian gas hob manufacturer Bertazonni.

Most european brands, even the large famous one, carries them.

Just look at the way the burners is placed and sized and you will realized they are from the same maker.

Basically, italian is on of the major gas hob maker in the world.

If you ask me, then value for money.

me also using la germania but its those standing cooker cum oven type and its by electricity for the oven & gas via PUB gas.

so far, vy gd & useful. and yes, u r rite, this is italian made. its really value for money as my standing cooker cost less than 1 expensive / branded oven's price but does my cooking beautifully.

i hv cooked, baked, roast, double boil tonic herbal chicken soup & all r came out beautifully & deliciously. there r many possiblities with an oven, microwave oven, rice cooker. rice cooker can cook soup also. and normal pot can cook rice well also. my bro-in-law likes cooking so we always share tips on how to use the applicances for different type of cooking and the recipes. :yamseng:

btw, bullwrath, wah seh... your signature tak kong leh :jawdrop:

Edited by leen

La Germania is not OEM. It is made in Italy by parent company Bertonzzoni. The latest agent in Singapore now is American Appliances so please check up on this before you buy.

me also using la germania but its those standing cooker cum oven type and its by electricity for the oven & gas via PUB gas.

so far, vy gd & useful. and yes, u r rite, this is italian made. its really value for money as my standing cooker cost less than 1 expensive / branded oven's price but does my cooking beautifully.

i hv cooked, baked, roast, double boil tonic herbal chicken soup & all r came out beautifully & deliciously. there r many possiblities with an oven, microwave oven, rice cooker. rice cooker can cook soup also. and normal pot can cook rice well also. my bro-in-law likes cooking so we always share tips on how to use the applicances for different type of cooking and the recipes. :yamseng:

btw, bullwrath, wah seh... your signature tak kong leh :jawdrop:

La Germania is not OEM. It is made in Italy by parent company Bertonzzoni. The latest agent in Singapore now is American Appliances so please check up on this before you buy.

hi, i did mention its italian made. i know that its made by its own company. alot of caucasian like to use this as home cooker but not asians coz due to space constraint and many other factors / myths, eg. breakdown, if 1 spoil, whole cooker can't use, etc.

i see no reason for such fear as firstly, there is a local after sales office, Amercian Appliances. Secondly, the unit doesn't cost much, if its really spoil and can't function, just change it. a 'branded' oven price of S$2500 is able to buy 2 such units of cooker already. so no issue with this.

was doing a search and saw this.

free standing cookers usually have a gap between the cooker and the rest of the kitchen top. so how do you all manage to clean?

esp between the gaps and what not?