Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
freshpoison77

The Chewy's Em

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

These are the reasons why my reno will cost a bomb... :D Hopefully the place will look much nicer after the reno.

Will be starting the reno on Mon 18/10 while waiting for the purchase of my recess area to be completed. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything will progress smoothly.

These are the reasons why my reno will cost a bomb... :D Hopefully the place will look much nicer after the reno.

Will be starting the reno on Mon 18/10 while waiting for the purchase of my recess area to be completed. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything will progress smoothly.

I'm probably a little cheaper than you because I will be retaining the existing marble floor and parquet flooring upstairs, although both will be refurbished/refinished.

Currently still on target to complete under 50k (excluding electrical wiring) although purchase of white goods such as toilets, taps/sinks put a huge dent into the bank account. Three toilets is no joke.

Contractor originally quoted 6 weeks to complete, its looking more likely to be 8-9 weeks, so be prepared.

Currently still on target to complete under 50k (excluding electrical wiring) although purchase of white goods such as toilets, taps/sinks put a huge dent into the bank account. Three toilets is no joke.

Yup

Tell me abt the 3 toilets thingy...

Contractor originally quoted 6 weeks to complete, its looking more likely to be 8-9 weeks, so be prepared.

Mine told me earliest 8 wks but shld be ard 10 wks to be very sure

When are you starting your reno?

Mine told me earliest 8 wks but shld be ard 10 wks to be very sure

When are you starting your reno?

We had started our renovations on 9 September 2010, the hacking works were originally slated to take three days but ended up taking more than a week. The contractor claimed that the wall and floor tiles in the kitchen and bathrooms were 2-3 inches thick and took a very long time to remove. Now he's projecting to hand over by end of October.

hehe. we r starting our reno on the same date-tmr! :) geomancer calculated my reno commencement date based on me & my laogong's bazi to be today. but workers will start on the hacking at all tmr! hehe.

mine is expected to be completed by end Nov. Keeping my fingers crossed. hehe. ;)

Edited by kaijia

You might to consider using sliding glass door for the entrance to your kitchen, instead of a swing glass door :)

I'm also using a sliding glass door for my kitchen. Works better that way, I think.