Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mahjongace

Our 1st Home @ Sengkang

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

nice mattress!!! went to Sealy showroom yesterday at IMM.. they're having a storewide discount of 15% for GSS.. very tempted!!

New added panel in MBR with the 32" LCD mounted....didn't ask my contractor to build another feature wall to hide the wirings since i've exceeded my budget..=P

IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

The glass arrived yesterday for the divider but didn't look as fantastic as in the 3D drawings...LOL....Guess we need to put some wall decals on it to decorate it.

Front View:

IMG_0567.jpg

Back View:

IMG_0568.jpg

Sighz...TV in living room still not mounted yet as Samsung personnel mentioned they can't do it unless there's a panel behind for them to bring out the mount...so i seriously have no idea if it would still be flushed in by then...They would come again to mount the TV once contractor finishes the wooden panel to hold the mount.

Sighz...TV in living room still not mounted yet as Samsung personnel mentioned they can't do it unless there's a panel behind for them to bring out the mount...so i seriously have no idea if it would still be flushed in by then...They would come again to mount the TV once contractor finishes the wooden panel to hold the mount.

I dunno why u need to have a back panel for u tv. They can drill the holes n mount directly onto ur wall. I have a samsung tv mounted in my bedrm, n no prob mountin on da wall. Mayb cuz u wall not straight due to the groove, n the bracket they wanna use is too long. Rather then askin ur carpenter to create a back panel n makin the tv potruding out, I suggest u invest in a tv bracket that is short enuff to mount directly onto the wall or if die, die muz have back panel, get a low-profile tv bracket. "Sanus" have lotsa varieties of brackets. Get it from self-fix diy shop or if cheaper, try ur luck on eBay. I got mine @ $60 from eBay, whereas is cost $120 elsewhere.

Gd luxx...

I dunno why u need to have a back panel for u tv. They can drill the holes n mount directly onto ur wall. I have a samsung tv mounted in my bedrm, n no prob mountin on da wall. Mayb cuz u wall not straight due to the groove, n the bracket they wanna use is too long. Rather then askin ur carpenter to create a back panel n makin the tv potruding out, I suggest u invest in a tv bracket that is short enuff to mount directly onto the wall or if die, die muz have back panel, get a low-profile tv bracket. "Sanus" have lotsa varieties of brackets. Get it from self-fix diy shop or if cheaper, try ur luck on eBay. I got mine @ $60 from eBay, whereas is cost $120 elsewhere.

Gd luxx...

yoyo neighbour =) haha yes...it's because of the groove...sianz..Samsung tried to used the longest bolt they have to try to mount already but can't so need to increase the hole behind by about 2 inches in order to bring out the mount. You are right man...the tilting bracket that Samsung had given to me is too long...anyway it's free so i just take lo. But to make the panel, i'm asking my contractor to waive off the cost since he delayed my reno plus he told me there should be no problems with mounting...=P

Thanks for your advice man... cya around!

nice mattress!!! went to Sealy showroom yesterday at IMM.. they're having a storewide discount of 15% for GSS.. very tempted!!

Hee remember to ask them to write down lowest price guarantee on the invoice if delivery is quite long like about 3 months...just in case the price drops. =P

Simple False Ceiling Design:

Initially we didn't want any false ceiling at all to keep it simple but after our contractor told us that the main purpose is to hide all the ugly wirings and beautify a bit, we decided to go ahead with it. Anyway we just put a false ceiling around the dining area, nothing complicating. Here they are at their very initial stage.

Picture007.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

Is the price about the same to do a curved ceiling vs a straight ceiling?

hi, can you post some pics of ur common toilet and MBR toilet? :)

Photos of our simple toilets: (no changing of wall tiles..)

Common Toilet:

IMG_0597.jpg

MBR Toilet:

IMG_0598.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

Tiles we used to overlay both toilets: (had no time to wash the floor yet...=P)

IMG_0601.jpg

Pictures of our feature wall with TV...but we have to re-do the whole thing now as the effect is lousy. All wiring and the wall mount can be seen. Really regretted not taking super slim bracket for samsung so that i can just box up the hole behind the TV and mount on it.

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

wow yr house is looking good. I like the sofa, looks really comfy!

haha yup...it's really comfy...hopefully everything is still in good shape after housewarming parties...=P

anyone can advise on what i can use to clean off sofa stains like ink or food or drink stains?

NEW PHOTOS UP!!!

Completed House Finally!!

Front View of Divider from Entrance (with decal done by my wife):

IMG_0647.jpg

View of Divider from Living Room:

IMG_0648.jpg

Feature Wall finally done (after boxing up the panel):

Front View (Yay! no more cables to be seen except the TV console =P):

IMG_0633.jpg

Side View (Totally Flushed In!!):

IMG_0634.jpg