Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mahjongace

Our 1st Home @ Sengkang

hi joseeng,

it's the same person as the one in ebay =)

you bot from him right? am curious on how it cleans, tile by tile or random cleaning? does the roomba covers all the floorarea? Is it knocking hard on the furniture? sorry for so many noob qns... :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
you bot from him right? am curious on how it cleans, tile by tile or random cleaning? does the roomba covers all the floorarea? Is it knocking hard on the furniture? sorry for so many noob qns... :)

yup i bought from him.

For the information, you can check it out from the US website..more comprehensive than local website.

http://store.irobot.com/product/index.jsp?...rentPage=family

Actually it doesn't knocks hard on the furniture but if you have a lot of daggling wires on the ground...do take note to keep it above roomba height so that it would not pull the wire together with any other things if it gets stuck. Actually normally before i use the roomba...have to keep the wet rugs away from it, close toilet doors, keep wiring above roomba level before pressing "CLEAN". =)

But then come to think of it...if you are using a normal vac, you have to lift the wire and vac with 1 hand...and i don't think a lot of people vacuum the toilet correct? =P

If you are worried about knocking hard on the furniture, you can get a bumper to put with the roomba to be safe.

yup i bought from him.

For the information, you can check it out from the US website..more comprehensive than local website.

http://store.irobot.com/product/index.jsp?...rentPage=family

Actually it doesn't knocks hard on the furniture but if you have a lot of daggling wires on the ground...do take note to keep it above roomba height so that it would not pull the wire together with any other things if it gets stuck. Actually normally before i use the roomba...have to keep the wet rugs away from it, close toilet doors, keep wiring above roomba level before pressing "CLEAN". =)

But then come to think of it...if you are using a normal vac, you have to lift the wire and vac with 1 hand...and i don't think a lot of people vacuum the toilet correct? =P

If you are worried about knocking hard on the furniture, you can get a bumper to put with the roomba to be safe.

bro, curious y need to close toilet door lei?? the robot does not detect the height difference ??i see on the youtube it can detect staircase downward...=P

bro, curious y need to close toilet door lei?? the robot does not detect the height difference ??i see on the youtube it can detect staircase downward...=P

hee...my toilet to passageway kerb only 1cm nia...and it's round along the edge of the kerb...only have the picture below to share..the kerb almost on same level as the overlayed tiles in my toilet. This was according to our idea as we didn't want a kerb like the old times that were quite high and we would trip over it. =P

So in order to play safe, we close the door..true enough when we close the bi-fold door, it still manage to bump to the door and keep it slightly ajar when we came back to our home. Luckily never go in...haha

IMG_0601.jpg

Edited by mahjongace

hee...my toilet to passageway kerb only 1cm nia...and it's round along the edge of the kerb...only have the picture below to share..the kerb almost on same level as the overlayed tiles in my toilet. This was according to our idea as we didn't want a kerb like the old times that were quite high and we would trip over it. =P

So in order to play safe, we close the door..true enough when we close the bi-fold door, it still manage to bump to the door and keep it slightly ajar when we came back to our home. Luckily never go in...haha

IMG_0601.jpg

i see bro...tks for the explaination..

After sucking in so much stuff maybe it was trying to go toilet release mah. :lol:

Hi Mahjongace,

I like the concept of your house. I will be getting my keys end of this year. Been looking for a suitable contractor/ID.

Appreciate if you could email your reno quotes and contractor's contacts to me.

My email is metct2001@yahoo.com.

Thanks in advance !

Hi Mahjongace,

I like the concept of your house. I will be getting my keys end of this year. Been looking for a suitable contractor/ID.

Appreciate if you could email your reno quotes and contractor's contacts to me.

My email is metct2001@yahoo.com.

Thanks in advance !

Hihi sorry for late reply. Have emailed you about it. =)

hey mahjongace, can i ask for ur irobot, does it covers the whole hse ie from room to room?

hihi...yup it covers most of the house. i only close the doors for both the toilets and service yard as they are wet areas.

Hee new photos of what was delivered yesterday:

Finally the dining table from hommage but with more hiccups....zzz...but no choice since they were the only one that i saw that came up with a 900mm dining table. As mentioned by Eric, 1 of the chairs had an unremovable stain which was quite obvious. He mentioned that he dare not send it to me because sure cannot pass de (kenna sabo by his supplier again). Therefore, he gave me options of changing all to black chairs or to another design but we insisted on the same design. Therefore, have to wait another 1-2 months for that single chair. For now, 3 chairs are only available. Enjoy!

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

Study Chair bought from Ebay...but the arm rest cannot be adjusted to go below the suspended table...LOL. BUt i still think the design is not too bad.

IMG_0734.jpg

Hi mahjongace, how much does the dining set cost? im looking for round dining set too. thks. :)

Hi mahjongace, how much does the dining set cost? im looking for round dining set too. thks. :)

Dining set costs ard $800 with dining chairs. But mine is only 900mm in diameter for your info.

I-ROBOT roomba 560 @ $650.00 from ebay sg:

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

Working well so far. Almost 90-95% of the house can be cleaned daily..you can feel the difference after it goes back to home base to rest. No more hair on the ground. At least i don't have to drag the vacuum along to vacuum the whole house haha. Good buy i would say.

End of items i've bought for now. Below are some photos of our messy house. LOL

Study room after moving in. :P

IMG_0707.jpg

Red Background Frame to be put up at each toilet as mentioned by FSM. Initially it's just red background and totally doesn't click with our theme..zz...luckily he mentioned that we are able to put any designs in it except for real life photos. So my wife went to design something to put in that red background.

Common Toilet:

IMG_0711.jpg

MBR Toilet:

IMG_0712.jpg

That's all folks for now. Enjoy the photos and hope you guys don't find me too boring..haha :D