Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Alysabeth

Water Seepage On My Lower Floor Neighbour Ceiling

Hi all,

Leakage was found on the bathroom ceiling of my lower floor neighbour and is confirmed that the leakage is from my unit.

What is the best way to to repair that?

Any recommendation of pluber or contractor to do this?

And how much would that cost roughly?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

my ceiling have a huge crack in common toilet, I complain to HDB with subject Common toilet ceiling is too dangerous and HDB called me but i didn't answer.

my ceiling have a huge crack in common toilet, I complain to HDB with subject Common toilet ceiling is too dangerous and HDB called me but i didn't answer.

hi,

I have the same problem in my master bedroon toilet ceiling. Also leaking and HDB investigation shows its above neighbour water proofing wear and tear. HDB send letter to me and neighbour to ask to rectify the problem. Then one day i go meet my neighbour want to discuss. The neighbour to my surprise complain tt my renovation cause her tv to malfunction lar, she seldom use that toilet, house owner is her sister who is overseas and dunnoe when come back, neighbour shld be chinchai dun small thing complain. The husband conclude the conversation with a powerful statement " you wana repair you go ahead and repair la".

So hopefully your neighbour is a good neighbour and willing to share cost with you to rectify the issue. Else, I also not sure HDB can help or not.

But i research and got to know there is a product called XYPEX treatment, a chemical applied on the ceiling and it will crystalise and fill the ceiling cement and stop the leak and thus no need to hack n'bour toilet tiles.

Give HDB a try first and see how it goes.

Regards

Anthony

hi,

I have the same problem in my master bedroon toilet ceiling. Also leaking and HDB investigation shows its above neighbour water proofing wear and tear. HDB send letter to me and neighbour to ask to rectify the problem. Then one day i go meet my neighbour want to discuss. The neighbour to my surprise complain tt my renovation cause her tv to malfunction lar, she seldom use that toilet, house owner is her sister who is overseas and dunnoe when come back, neighbour shld be chinchai dun small thing complain. The husband conclude the conversation with a powerful statement " you wana repair you go ahead and repair la".

So hopefully your neighbour is a good neighbour and willing to share cost with you to rectify the issue. Else, I also not sure HDB can help or not.

But i research and got to know there is a product called XYPEX treatment, a chemical applied on the ceiling and it will crystalise and fill the ceiling cement and stop the leak and thus no need to hack n'bour toilet tiles.

Give HDB a try first and see how it goes.

Regards

Anthony

there is no leaking, i have spent $50 to plaster back huge crack. i think top neighbour is a poor people. i am at toward corner of block.

Edited by dean