Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
narcosis

Need Help With Aircon Unit (urgent)

Hi Guys, i have bought a new aircon. The guys actually install the aircon unit slightly slant to the left as in the whole unit is not straight. It is abit obvious to all people coming in my house. My contractor told me that it is suppose to be liddat so that the water can flow out. Need help to verify this. I have never seen aircon slant to any side just to let the water out. Any comments please. Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I dont think i have ever seen a slanted air-con unit ... it is aesthetically wrong anyway.

Anyway, "it is suppose to be like that" or "your wall or ceiling is slanted" is the most common excuses contractors will say ;)

My argument to them would be that any reasonable person will have noticed that it is slanted and aesthetically wrong, and if that is the way it should be, i should have been advised on this outcome before the installation work started.

If the amount you paid is less than $10K and he does not want to rectify it, go to the Small Claims Tribunal to get a Work Order . It only cost $5.

Hi Guys, i have bought a new aircon. The guys actually install the aircon unit slightly slant to the left as in the whole unit is not straight. It is abit obvious to all people coming in my house. My contractor told me that it is suppose to be liddat so that the water can flow out. Need help to verify this. I have never seen aircon slant to any side just to let the water out. Any comments please. Thanks.

Thanks thanks. They sound so convicing. Bcos the whole lot of workers was telling me sometimes its liddat. But my younger brother woke me up by saying have i seen one slanted aircon before..Haiz..i din pay them full yet. I am gonna ask them to do it again. Time is money..

I dont think i have ever seen a slanted air-con unit ... it is aesthetically wrong anyway.

Anyway, "it is suppose to be like that" or "your wall or ceiling is slanted" is the most common excuses contractors will say ;)

My argument to them would be that any reasonable person will have noticed that it is slanted and aesthetically wrong, and if that is the way it should be, i should have been advised on this outcome before the installation work started.

If the amount you paid is less than $10K and he does not want to rectify it, go to the Small Claims Tribunal to get a Work Order . It only cost $5.