Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
curryqueen

Cement Screed Floor- Slippery?

Am thinking of doing cement screeding for the whole flat's flooring (incl kitchen and bathroom).

can those who have done cement screed floor share if it's slippery when wet (esp toilet)? I don't want my parents to slip and fall.

Having cement screeding will also do away with grout lines on the floor (which I hate!) Spray painting is an option, but it's not cheap.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Am thinking of doing cement screeding for the whole flat's flooring (incl kitchen and bathroom).

can those who have done cement screed floor share if it's slippery when wet (esp toilet)? I don't want my parents to slip and fall.

Having cement screeding will also do away with grout lines on the floor (which I hate!) Spray painting is an option, but it's not cheap.

Cement screed is not slippery.

However, the waterproofing epoxy is slippery.

Just talked to my contractor, he says he'll source for an epoxy that is matt and non-slippery.

Will keep you informed.

IMO, cement screed more practical for home wall finished. If you wanna those rustic outdoor look, savings on wall tiles. Screed also for "big" area with heavy traffic of goods and ppl. ( IKEA ) Definitely "NOT" for wet areas. Screed for wet area not level properly will create pot holes :(

Cement screed is not slippery.

However, the waterproofing epoxy is slippery.

Just talked to my contractor, he says he'll source for an epoxy that is matt and non-slippery.

Will keep you informed.

hey lubber duckie, any luck in the concrete screed? I'm also thinking abt screeding my entire kitchen and 2 bathrooms.....

hey lubber duckie, any luck in the concrete screed? I'm also thinking abt screeding my entire kitchen and 2 bathrooms.....

It's a success, except that in your case, copon polyurethane cannot be used in your toilet.

Check out my reno blog.

I would suggest quicseal 107, penetrating sealant, instead of 108 as it will too slippery for your toilet.

It's a success, except that in your case, copon polyurethane cannot be used in your toilet.

Check out my reno blog.

I would suggest quicseal 107, penetrating sealant, instead of 108 as it will too slippery for your toilet.

nice place~~ but noticed u didn't do screed for your toilet/kitchen. was cause you weren't gg for the look or were there other concerns?

nice place~~ but noticed u didn't do screed for your toilet/kitchen. was cause you weren't gg for the look or were there other concerns?

I didn't do it for kitchen and toilet as they're heavily utilised.

Long term, it may create holes from dropped crockeries or utensils.

And holes will scratch your sole if not careful.

Hi Lubber Duckie,

Would you be able to PM me the contractor who do the cement screeding for your floor