Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nofear

Tv Console Ideas And Pics

hihi...

am planning to do a nice tv console to match my living room... can anyone share some ideas and pictures to look at? my furniture are mainly white and brown at moment... kam siah very much!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hihi...

am planning to do a nice tv console to match my living room... can anyone share some ideas and pictures to look at? my furniture are mainly white and brown at moment... kam siah very much!

- Mine. Simple TV FW with 3 pilers at left. 1-piece 8-ft customised full-teak console. 42" TV with soundbar, woofer. Granite flooring with false ceiling, PLC downlight.

61871934.jpg

- 10 ft shoe cabinet below casement window, original balcony with sliding door -knock away. Actually not so many shoe to keep, as a bench for sitting. Worth mentioning about the 2-bar "window grille"- 3mm thick hollow rectangular aluminium, back-screwed. Follow my last condo's style. 56' KDK RC ceiling fan.

36705888.jpg

- MBR, 2-bar "window grille".

dscn0723bd.jpg

Edited by bepgof

- Mine. Simple TV FW with 3 pilers at left. 1-piece 8-ft customised full-teak console. 42" TV with soundbar, woofer. Granite flooring with false ceiling, PLC downlight.

61871934.jpg

- 10 ft shoe cabinet below casement window, original balcony with sliding door -knock away. Actually not so many shoe to keep, as a bench for sitting. Worth mentioning about the 2-bar "window grille"- 3mm thick hollow rectangular aluminium, back-screwed. Follow my last condo's style. 56' KDK RC ceiling fan.

36705888.jpg

- MBR, 2-bar "window grille".

dscn0723bd.jpg

Hi Bepgof

very nicely done! does the feature wall base sit on the tv console? I am still trying to figure if make feature wall but buy console, how does the two fit together? And how does wire run from behind feature wall to console, and vice versa?

I like your 2bar grille. Where did you get that contact from?

thanks!

Hi Bepgof

very nicely done! does the feature wall base sit on the tv console? I am still trying to figure if make feature wall but buy console, how does the two fit together? And how does wire run from behind feature wall to console, and vice versa?

I like your 2bar grille. Where did you get that contact from?

thanks!

1. The full-teak console is specially made-in Indonesia, I order from the furniture mall, I sketched the drawing, 8' long, 26' dept, cost me 2k+. The glass-doors are fitted by another contractor. The initial "slide" doors seemed not "blend" in with the design.

2. FW (inside hollow)protrudes out abt 3 inch. TV console went in first. FW sits on top, sealed up the gap between console top & FW. Cut round hole on FW, TV mounted onto wall & cover the hole. All cabling went into this hole. The console top where FW sitted cut a hole, all cabling came in from this hole. Woofer cable went into a hole on console top, all the way to soundbar. Total 3 holes on console. One hole on FW.

3. The blueray soundbar(have many functions, but small) work with the TV and woofer. TV comes with internet connection.

4. 4 men carried the 1-piece console from ground floor all the way up to 23 floor.

5. So far I have seen one HDB unit somewhere in Toa Payoh, havin the silimar 2-bar grille.

6. The window contractor called by ID.

7. I know the ID since 2006, Baroque Design. Can check www.baroquedesign.com.sg, speak to Miko, 91089519. Office in Joo Chiat. Boss is Jason.

8. The contractor did not know my requirement at first, I've once rejected the proposed bar, see a few samples, & picked the present one. First time they installed the bar-grille like this. I think more HDB owners will follow such.

Edited by bepgof

1. The full-teak console is specially made-in Indonesia, I order from the furniture mall, I sketched the drawing, 8' long, 26' dept, cost me 2k+. The glass-doors are fitted by another contractor. The initial "slide" doors seemed not "blend" in with the design.

2. FW (inside hollow)protrudes out abt 3 inch. TV console went in first. FW sits on top, sealed up the gap between console top & FW. Cut round hole on FW, TV mounted onto wall & cover the hole. All cabling went into this hole. The console top where FW sitted cut a hole, all cabling came in from this hole. Woofer cable went into a hole on console top, all the way to soundbar. Total 3 holes on console. One hole on FW.

3. The blueray soundbar(have many functions, but small) work with the TV and woofer. TV comes with internet connection.

4. 4 men carried the 1-piece console from ground floor all the way up to 23 floor.

5. So far I have seen one HDB unit somewhere in Toa Payoh, havin the silimar 2-bar grille.

6. The window contractor called by ID.

7. I know the ID since 2006, Baroque Design. Can check www.baroquedesign.com.sg, speak to Miko, 91089519. Office in Joo Chiat. Boss is Jason.

8. The contractor did not know my requirement at first, I've once rejected the proposed bar, see a few samples, & picked the present one. First time they installed the bar-grille like this.- I think more HDB owners will follow such.

Hi Bepgof

thanks for your very detailed explanation on how the FW and console works. From your description, got to cut a hole on console where FW is sitting to allow the wires to pass through. This sounds difficult for those ready-made ones. Maybe I should just buy a console and forget about wall mounting.

Is Baroque the one opposite the CC? If I remember correctly, there are quite a few ID firms in that stretch.

Hi Bepgof

thanks for your very detailed explanation on how the FW and console works. From your description, got to cut a hole on console where FW is sitting to allow the wires to pass through. This sounds difficult for those ready-made ones. Maybe I should just buy a console and forget about wall mounting.

Is Baroque the one opposite the CC? If I remember correctly, there are quite a few ID firms in that stretch.

Can't remember seeing any CC, address is 118, joo Chiat Rd. Got quite some "small hotels", KTV, eatries outlets....My console came without any holes, carpenter doing the FW drill holes on teak console, asked me whether heart pain or not - told him get thing done always comes with cost.

The main concern was actually the color tone of the teak, ID made quite a few color combination samples of FW, flooring console and furniture, before deciding the colors for the wall & pillars.

Edited by bepgof

Can't remember seeing any CC, address is 118, joo Chiat Rd. Got quite some "small hotels", KTV, eatries outlets....My console came without any holes, carpenter doing the FW drill holes on teak console, asked me whether heart pain or not - told him get thing done always comes with cost.

The main concern was actually the color tone of the teak, ID made quite a few color combination samples of FW, flooring console and furniture, before deciding the colors for the wall & pillars.

ya, that is true - getting the right colour combi else will be weird, but i think black console will never fail lah.

thanks!

thanks so much! nice! is your wall behind the featured wall covered with wallpaper?

Wow, your eye very sharp. Only this wall has the wall paper. ID keep convincing to have this paper (ID received from Japan, FOC). My concern was wall paper collect fine dust easily and when clean with damp cloth, the paper becomes "hairy". The ID "challenge" me, if that happens after 3 years, she will "make good" restoring to original wall at her cost. Wallpaper let ppls think of hotels....

Edited by bepgof

Wow, your eye very sharp. Only this wall has the wall paper. ID keep convincing to have this paper (ID received from Japan, FOC). My concern was wall paper collect fine dust easily and when clean with damp cloth, the paper becomes "hairy". The ID "challenge" me, if that happens after 3 years, she will "make good" restoring to original wall at her cost. Wallpaper let ppls think of hotels....

hahhaaha thanks... i like wallpaper and LBox ... is your flooring marble?

hahhaaha thanks... i like wallpaper and LBox ... is your flooring marble?

It's granite, 600mm x 600mm, cost price $21/per pc. I like those "little diamonds" on floor, visible only at night, light on, eye close to floor ~ 1feet, at abt 30 deg.

Edited by bepgof

bepgof, I like your shoe cabinet.

Wow piang, wife's idea as bench as well for visitors. Previous home's shoe rack made only 12 inch depth, some shoe need to be put slant. Now wiser, made 16 inch depth.

Edited by bepgof

8. The contractor did not know my requirement at first, I've once rejected the proposed bar, see a few samples, & picked the present one. First time they installed the bar-grille like this. I think more HDB owners will follow such.

Hi bepgof.... nice minimalist place u hv there.

The 2-bar grill is nice, but will not be suitable for homes with kids, right? :)