Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lilithfiend

How To Box-up Pipes In Kitchen Without Top Cabinets?

kitchen-cabinet.gif

My kitchen does not have top cabinets.

I have a chimney hood.

I will be boxing up the gas/water pipes which will run above the hood.

How to box up the pipes without the hood looking weird? :help:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

do a small plaster L shaped box up. should look just like a tiny beam running the length of the ceiling.

do a small plaster L shaped box up. should look just like a tiny beam running the length of the ceiling.

yes, that's what we will be doing...but then the hood how? is the hood installed below the box up? if its below, then the hood will be sticking out of the box up right? looks very weird leh! :dunno:

do u mean to use aircon trunking to box up the pipes?

Yes, if space permits, air con trunk pipe right ? after trunking, you still have space to install your hood. Chimney hood is taper up one right ?

Yes, if space permits, air con trunk pipe right ? after trunking, you still have space to install your hood. Chimney hood is taper up one right ?

my hood's like this:

CUI598X2.jpg

so do you mean the trunking should be above the hood? is the hood mounted on the ceiling or mounted on the wall? :unsure: thanks for your help, btw!

You might wanna consider those island chimney hood that tapers on all 4 sides & ceiling wall mount type. But make sure to consider the optimum clearance between hood and hob.

Otherwise, pipe conceal or not your model had to go below the pipe. No way, you can cut an access on the hood. So long your concealment is streamline and neat, it will not be an eye sore :)

You might wanna consider those island chimney hood that tapers on all 4 sides & ceiling wall mount type. But make sure to consider the optimum clearance between hood and hob.

Otherwise, pipe conceal or not your model had to go below the pipe. No way, you can cut an access on the hood. So long your concealment is streamline and neat, it will not be an eye sore :)

thanks v.much for your advice...but we've already bought the hood! sigh...

i think our best option is to make the boxup as thick as the hood. :bangwall:

You see the outlet on the top hand corner ? Thats where your exhaust will come through.

Might wanna consider maintenence on your box up (yellow stain)

You see the outlet on the top hand corner ? Thats where your exhaust will come through.

Might wanna consider maintenence on your box up (yellow stain)

argh. never considered that...i suppose we'll paint it some washable paint or something. should work right?

Ya, I guess that the best you can do for now. No way, you gonna climb up to clean it each time right ?

you're right - no way..hahah.

thanks again for your help! :D

my hood's like this:

CUI598X2.jpg

so do you mean the trunking should be above the hood? is the hood mounted on the ceiling or mounted on the wall? :unsure: thanks for your help, btw!

It seems alright to me. Trunking should be above the hood. And the hood can still be wall mounted. Just take care of the distance between the hood and hob. You can consider installing recessed LED lights in your trunking at both sides of the hood for lighting effect too.