Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
curryqueen

Is There Such A Thing As Smooth Wrought Iron Grilles?

i'm getting confused.. I'm getting quotations for my window grilles. I don't like the bumpiness of wrought iron and asked if there is such a thing as smooth wrought iron. He said yes, and showed me a sample.

I asked another vendor for smooth wrought iron grilles, and he said there is no such thing. The smooth non-alu grilles are mild steel.

Is mild steel and smooth wrought iron one and the same thing?? :dunno:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

lol.. same problem with me

i have no idea and i decide to do away with the them

at first my mum want to get wrought iron for the corridor windows which i don really like

i ask the window man to psycho her to get aluminum hehehe

to make her feel 'safe' we go for double hollow grille + fix castment :D

i'm getting confused.. I'm getting quotations for my window grilles. I don't like the bumpiness of wrought iron and asked if there is such a thing as smooth wrought iron. He said yes, and showed me a sample.

I asked another vendor for smooth wrought iron grilles, and he said there is no such thing. The smooth non-alu grilles are mild steel.

i spoke to a few window people and so far, haven't heard of smooth wrought iron..think what u saw was mild steel..how are the prices so far btw?

i spoke to a few window people and so far, haven't heard of smooth wrought iron..think what u saw was mild steel..how are the prices so far btw?

Abt $500 each for living rm & bedrm 2. Aluminum so much cheaper!

you've asked the question i wanna ask too... thanks :P though i was looking at door gate, not window grilles.. ;)

hmm wats the priority?

if you disregard prices, there are solid aluminium. I went into one shop at IMM (beside besglas)

the price is of cos damm solid as well. If i remember correctly, a 3ft by 7ft main gate costs $800 like that.

if u want security, but cheap price, wrought iron is still better than aluminium.

i got my gate from metalworld. smooth. and i think its wrought iron. paid about 720 for it

ret-hall1.jpg

Edited by wolflet

i got my gate from metalworld. smooth. and i think its wrought iron. paid about 720 for it

ret-hall1.jpg

That's powder-coated mild steel. I clarified with Steven from Metalworld.