Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
AK77

Laminated Flooring for Kitchen

here in singapore, mums and grandmums generally like to wash the kitchen floor every so often, so, laminate is not feasible

yes very true, try or do not use laminate in kitchen . (for me, i will die die not use any laminate in my home)

laminate will expend in size due to temperture n water. so its common to see few yrs later many will have the same problem in the joints part. some even worst, some designers suggest to conceal air con pipes under the tiles or laminates. afters yrs, or mths sure have more problems.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi AK77, so did you eventually lay laminated flooring in your kitchen? How is your experience so far?

Initially, I planned to do it in the kitchen for my new resale flat but was told that it would not be covered under warranty :bath: As I will do light cooking regularly, I am thinking of using vinyl flooring now.

Vinyl would be a better choice for kitchen. Have that in the houses i stayed in Australia and US. I had the slate looking and the terracotta vinyl tiles. The slate vinyl looked exactly like the slate tiles thats widely used in the bathrooms.

Yokine9a, do share with us your source if you're doing vinyl flooring. I'm planning on using it for my resale unit.

Edited by GoalHome

Yes, I have vinyl flooring in some houses I have had stayed in Sydney. Tile is not the only option for kitchen flooring. I personally find vinyl flooring to be so much easier to clean and maintain compare with tiles flooring.

But I might not be using it for my flat because my bf likes the existing mosaic flooring and wants me to keep it. As the house cleaning work will be done by me, I shall have the final say of whether mosaic or vinyl flooring :notti:

I have done some searching on vinyl flooring supplier in Singapore. Below are the links. I have not contacted any of them. You will have to ring them up to see if they handle residential work.

http://www.armstrong.com/commflrpac/asia1/ep/sg/

http://www.meiko.com.sg/

When will you be starting the renovation work for your resale flat? I will be collecting the keys for mine in mid of next mth :(

Laminated floor is acctually very resistend to water and very durable, if you like the wood , laminate floor is the hardwood floor imitation but it is plastic floor and is vvery durable, of course if you pour water on it and leav for a week then it will get damage most likely. I install a lot of laminate floor in the kitchens but yes tyou have to wipe the water , that's all.

hardwood floor hawaii

hardwood floors hawaii

hardwood flooring hawaii

Yes, I have vinyl flooring in some houses I have had stayed in Sydney. Tile is not the only option for kitchen flooring. I personally find vinyl flooring to be so much easier to clean and maintain compare with tiles flooring.

But I might not be using it for my flat because my bf likes the existing mosaic flooring and wants me to keep it. As the house cleaning work will be done by me, I shall have the final say of whether mosaic or vinyl flooring :notti:

I have done some searching on vinyl flooring supplier in Singapore. Below are the links. I have not contacted any of them. You will have to ring them up to see if they handle residential work.

http://www.armstrong.com/commflrpac/asia1/ep/sg/

http://www.meiko.com.sg/

When will you be starting the renovation work for your resale flat? I will be collecting the keys for mine in mid of next mth :D

hi hi just saw ur old msg here..

may I know eventually whay u did doe the floor? Laminated, vinyl or tiles?

thanks.