Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Hans_Ayu

Soon To Get Key But No Idea How To Find Contractor. Any Advice?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

no matter how street smart and how much we try to save remember in someways we sure lose out to contractors. is only matter of how deep yr neck kena cut. remember they have overheadcost to cover. i know one forummer who is so good and now become a reno counsultant, is only one of the sucess stories among many failures..cheers.

Edited by salavanun

i have a friend who did that. DIYed his whole renovation. but he doesn't work. so he can fork out the time to coordinate and supervise.

man

cannot say like that

his wife not working and expecting the 2nd child.

every cents must count

Realistically, cannot do work with only 2 bare hands. To do a good job need TOOLs. Need $$ to buy tools. After work, tools all throw? Or borrow tools to do work? Or display at Sungei Rd for "after-work" sale? I asked this question because I kept so many tools in my store room. Cashconverter wants to pay $200 for my 65mm Canon SLR with 500mm zoom, which I bought at almost 4K, I asked him to fly kite, ended everything in storeroom.

Edited by bepgof

i guess end of the day we must let the expert to handle as they good in their own trade, when i 1st join RT was like juz to get ideas, later after reading entries after entries i become confused like what design what cost wher to buy cheap. It never ends :D so end up i got my contractor at an average price. Still thanks to RT coz i learnt alot:)

Thank you again. I will share this information my partner. Our email add is hans_ayu@hotmail.com. Do feel free to drop us an email if you have other advices for us.

Just sent a zipped file, containing 5 files to yr email, for your reference only.

Edited by bepgof

WOAH!! Bepgof that is totally shocking!!!

Shocking is awakening, make you fresh a bit, should be ok right? But don't fall down from chair,haha. Seemed most forumers are comparatively younger than me, just contribute a bit, don't feel indebted.

- you are late, hope you need not to move in urgently.

- Should "save" money on those "movable" items- Mostly capnetry-chair/tables/wd/bedframe/sofa/console.....once u've make enough $, can get these replaced easily. All electrical stuff as well.

- Unlike flring/tiolet/windows/walls/kitchen cabin/ - these are "heavy" works, mostly one and for all.

- All ID/contractors/price almost the same, only material differs. Give $$ to the one who you feel like giving, you may engage him/her next time.

- Be psychrologically prepared, most reno workers are Malaysians.

Edited by bepgof

man

cannot say like that

his wife not working and expecting the 2nd child.

every cents must count

What I meant is: his "performance" on the reno works "no standard" - no quality o/p as compared to those old birds who has been doing & repeating daily. The tools are quite a concern.

I plaster/sanding/painting/install lighting/modify power pt/Trunking/...Got great sense of achievement/belonging by doing all these. Too bad, I took the "Golden Eggs" and sold always the "Golden Goose". 2 Gooses have been sold, up to now.

Edited by bepgof

Shocking is awakening, make you fresh a bit, should be ok right? But don't fall down from chair,haha. Seemed most forumers are comparatively younger than me, just contribute a bit, don't feel indebted.

- you are late, hope you need not to move in urgently.

- Should "save" money on those "movable" items- Mostly capnetry-chair/tables/wd/bedframe/sofa/console.....once u've make enough $, can get these replaced easily. All electrical stuff as well.

- Unlike flring/tiolet/windows/walls/kitchen cabin/ - these are "heavy" works, mostly one and for all.

- All ID/contractors/price almost the same, only material differs. Give $$ to the one who you feel like giving, you may engage him/her next time.

- Be psychrologically prepared, most reno workers are Malaysians.

Thank you all so much for the kind advice.. both me and my spouse are not in a hurry to move in. so we are actually taking our time to compare the prices and disucssing again on matter where we can cut the cost.

- Anyone heard/engage Thian Ho Renovation contractor?

- For ppl buying at Tah Ching Rd, when did the HDB offer doing the living/dining, and rooms tilings? coz for our we didnt come across that.. :( So now we have to consider tiling as one of our major reno work..

Just sent a zipped file, containing 5 files to yr email, for your reference only.

Wow!!! Can also send me as just bought a 3rm hdb and 1st HDB Appointment is 31 aug ~ Coming soon.. Hee :)

Many Thanks in advance :)

Hi, will u be able to sent it to me also.

my email is teobp0814@hotmail.com

thanks in advance

Andy

Hi, can you send it to ziyou84@hotmail.com

I'm getting key on 1st Nov. Need lots of advice.Thanks

We are going to get our key on 12 July this year. But we still clueless on getting contractors. Any advice? And what are the usual hidden cost that isn't stated in the quotations?

Could you also recommend me any good, reliable and reasonable (price) contractors?

Congrats on Getting the Key to Your New Home.

Getting a reliable and reasonable contractor for your home renovation is never easy. Please take your time to choose from a few contractors you shortlisted. Ask them for their quotation. Wait a bit longer for negotiations and then decide on your contractor.

There are many good renovation contractors in Singapore. However, there are also a few "scapegoats". So you need to be very careful in selecting your contractor.

Do a check with CASE to see if the company is on the complaint list or not.

Hope this advice is good for you.