Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lindavw

Remote Control Lightings

Harmony RF is only for its IR extenders and cannot be used on any RF appliances or devices - it has no RF learning capabilities and if im not wrong, its on the 413Mhz freq.

I've not had the opportunity of a mains cut-off but i do believe that the preset memory stays regardless.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Harmony RF is only for its IR extenders and cannot be used on any RF appliances or devices - it has no RF learning capabilities and if im not wrong, its on the 413Mhz freq.

I've not had the opportunity of a mains cut-off but i do believe that the preset memory stays regardless.

I'm also looking for something similar. Where can u get the clipsal ulti? Thanks v much

I have recently installed the remote control for the lightings in my Master Bedroom:

grq5_008_uc4it.jpg

This photo shows how the device is programmed for the various lights:

grq5_992_uc4it.jpg

I paid around $100 to the Electrician who installed our electrical works....and he supplied me the control device.

If you are contemplating of getting similar control for the lightings in your house, please tell your electrician in advance as this needs special wiring / programming.

You can visit my t-blog for information:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=613549

Edited by mae29

Interesting... I may do it, still looking around

It is very useful & convenient...I can place the remote control device beside me when I sleep and I can just switch the lights ON or OFF at my finger tips without waking up and walking around the room!!

It is very useful & convenient...I can place the remote control device beside me when I sleep and I can just switch the lights ON or OFF at my finger tips without waking up and walking around the room!!

Is it expensive? Roughly how much?

Hi mae29,

want check with you, after you install the lights with remote control, do you still install the switches on the wall to on/off the lightings? So additional $100 is what you pay to electrician to top up to the original amount just to install the remote control ? =)

Hi mae29,

want check with you, after you install the lights with remote control, do you still install the switches on the wall to on/off the lightings? So additional $100 is what you pay to electrician to top up to the original amount just to install the remote control ? =)

<!--quoteo(post=618489:date=Mar 14 2011, 10:19 AM:name=mae29)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mae29 @ Mar 14 2011, 10:19 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=618489"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->More info in my reno t-blog here...

<a href="http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=35996&view=findpost&p=615942" target="_blank">http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=615942</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I saw a ceiling light (square type) with 3 bulbs twisted type in that light and it can come with remote that turns on 1 bulb, 2 bulbs or all 3 bulbs at 1 time...anyone else knws where to get these type of lights? the design of the ceiling light comes with a glass panel and flies can go into the light box.. :( my concern is the ugly sight of dead flies in the ceiling light box...but they dont hv the sealed up version...anyone chanced upon such a version , care to share?