Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sanntan

4ng Bedok Reservoir Road

Hello everyone!

Been reading RenoTalk for a while now. Getting a 4NG model in Bedok Reservoir Road, estimated 2nd Appt around 20th October. Now waiting for 1st Appt on the 25th August! Been sourcing around for IDs and also furniture window shopping. Realized this is a pretty good time to get things! Courts got sale, Comex is coming, and end of year general sale going on everywhere! Sourcing for furniture is fun, but also very tiring. Can't wait to move into a new place, away from this old, conventional 3NG we have at the moment. Want to upgrade and create a dream home for 4 of us. :)

Anyway, here is the floorplan! (Picture taken with iPhone wakkakaka, no scanner is like that one)

004wls.jpg

This is the floorplan I have planned.

floorplan2r.jpg

Going to get a few quotes from IDs in my next few off days. Wish me luck! Meanwhile, I have already ordered a glass dining table. (kan chiong mah...) and set of 4 dining chairs. Will tag those in my signature. Here's the table...

diningtable.jpg

That's about it for now. Will update as things happen! :)

Edited by sanntan

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Right beside Telok Kurau Primary School! :)

haha.. we might be living near each other sia.. haha.. near bedok north sec..

haha.. we might be living near each other sia.. haha.. near bedok north sec..

Block 113! I'm right beside the school field! At the hawker centre by the road there!

mine is 1 bus stop away.. near the POSB atm machine by the carpark.. hahaa.. But hor by the time u moved in.. i would have moved out liao leh.. hee..

Edited by Banned

I know that place! I went there to withdraw money for the valuation report of the new place and the ATM was down! Haha had to borrow from my agent!

Did shopping yesterday! Too tired so didn't manage to blog down.

Event: 100% Home Design

Venue: Expo, Hall 6A

Date: 07 Aug 2010 - 15 Aug 2010

Here's what we got ourselves...

A new air-con! Inverter System 3, from Panasonic. Good deal, we can match price and also got $300 NTUC vouchers!

panasonicaircon.jpg

Then... We walked around amongst the many many bed exhibitors looking at storage beds.. And came across Englander. They had a pretty good deal for a storage bed frame. $999! Don't know if it's the best price but we liked how the storage was built. Inside was deeper, and the wood material was good too. The rest were just lining. One had a 5 year guarantee for the hydraulic pump for the lifting frame, but Englander was promoting a better one for 10 years guarantee! We told her we'll walk around but in the end we came back to her because the rest of the beds weren't impressive enough.

The bed. We were not going to buy a mattress because we wanted to use the one we already have, but we changed our mind today, and I'm going to call Sandy (lady who sold us) and ask her if there is a promotion going on for the mattress. Hee.

sbedclosed.jpg

This is how it looks opened up.

sbedopen.jpg

A closer look. See how good the inside is... So shiny!

sbedopencloseup.jpg

Edited by sanntan

And finally, we found what I've always wanted to buy... Ezy hangar! Initially I wanted this.

e%7a%7ailift.jpg

But we decided that lifting one pole at a time was lighter, because of my mum who has rheumatism and her hands might not be able to handle the weight of all 6 poles with damp clothes.

So.... We got this! It has more ropes... Which can be a little messy, but safer for mum.

ezyhangarinside.jpg

ezyhangaroutside2.jpg

Also went to various ID firms in the show to get quoted for the reno we had to do. Image Creative out of the rest impressed us because the guy was professional, patient and suggestive. We liked him out of all the rest that we visited. And on the spot, he didn't give us a detailed quotation but invited us down to their showroom to get our quote next week!

Too bad we have not heard of the ID firms at the show so we couldn't just go to one that we liked and asked.

The rest of the exhibitors we visited (and repeated our ideas to) were:

Add Space Design Pte Ltd

ONE Design Concept

Rezt & Relax Interior

Due to sensitivity issues, will not describe our feelings about them. :)

Also talked to Henry from ID note. Trying to get him to meet up this coming Sat to measure the new place. Hope everything goes well!

Edited by sanntan

I know that place! I went there to withdraw money for the valuation report of the new place and the ATM was down! Haha had to borrow from my agent!

hahaha.. so suay.. but at least this incident proved ur agent willing to help u? so sourcing ur ID now?

hahaha.. so suay.. but at least this incident proved ur agent willing to help u? so sourcing ur ID now?

Yes! He's highly reliable. And helpful... Yesterday he came over because I had so many reno questions to ask (first time buyer here) and he actually came down today to verify everything! So patient. :)

Sourcing ID or contractor, dunno yet. Because we already have a layout in mind, just don't know how to build things, and we also don't feel like it's worth to pay for an ID because we are not overhauling the whole place, just making it livable as we only got maximum 2 weeks to minor reno. That's why my floor plan so simple. :)

Yes! He's highly reliable. And helpful... Yesterday he came over because I had so many reno questions to ask (first time buyer here) and he actually came down today to verify everything! So patient. :)

Sourcing ID or contractor, dunno yet. Because we already have a layout in mind, just don't know how to build things, and we also don't feel like it's worth to pay for an ID because we are not overhauling the whole place, just making it livable as we only got maximum 2 weeks to minor reno. That's why my floor plan so simple. :)

wow.. you agent even help u in ur renovation ah .. hahaha.. good sia..

if u not doing the floor toilet.. everything could be very fast...

Hello everyone!

Been reading RenoTalk for a while now. Getting a 4NG model in Bedok Reservoir Road, estimated 2nd Appt around 20th October. Now waiting for 1st Appt on the 25th August! Been sourcing around for IDs and also furniture window shopping. Realized this is a pretty good time to get things! Courts got sale, Comex is coming, and end of year general sale going on everywhere! Sourcing for furniture is fun, but also very tiring. Can't wait to move into a new place, away from this old, conventional 3NG we have at the moment. Want to upgrade and create a dream home for 4 of us. :)

Anyway, here is the floorplan! (Picture taken with iPhone wakkakaka, no scanner is like that one)

This is the floorplan I have planned.

Going to get a few quotes from IDs in my next few off days. Wish me luck! Meanwhile, I have already ordered a glass dining table. (kan chiong mah...) and set of 4 dining chairs. Will tag those in my signature. Here's the table...

That's about it for now. Will update as things happen! :)

Dinning table in Kitchen, got space meh?

Edited by bepgof

Still sourcing for coffee tables... And TV console. Decided to buy off the shelf instead of customizing because it's cheaper. :)

Now still got ppl put "coffee tables" in hall?

Edited by bepgof